Out Of Respect

10 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

I’m going to listen to Bruce’s interview again ... I heard it in the car on the way back from Stocksbridge but I was overcome with Tourette’s.  

I’m doing this to see if I can understand Lawrie Maddens point of view. 

Whats to neg on that @WatfordOwl

Jesus, I’ve been nothing but polite to Lawrie Madden (who happened to enquire if I was one of Alex Bruce’s twitter trolls to which I refrained from retaliating).  

Edited by Hirstys Salopettes
  • Like 1

Just now, Morepork said:

I'm no lawyer but generally contracts are in place to avoid ambiguity. The inclusion of such a term would only increase it IMO. But, as you say we are all in the dark atm. 

I can't see anyone agreeing to a clause which means a party has to "compromise"...

No chance. 

3 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

I know.  It’s almost as flat earth is as suggesting Neil Warnock at Cardiff signed Willy Mackays lad from absolute obscurity then didn’t play him at all ... or subsequently using Willie McKays other son as an agent in the majority of Cardiff’s transfer dealings 

remind me, what’s Allardyce’s son do? Ah, he’s a flat earthism football agent ... 

Is he Bruces agent ? 

And i'm not saying shady stuff doesn't happen i just don't see the scenario as painted being plausible

2 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

For clarity, news broke about Bruce on Monday 24th June by several tabloids. He was down the pecking order with the bookies then but I reckon that conversations have been had for a few weeks. I have absolutely no doubt he’s lied on that interview. He’s known about this for a while.

Im certainly not one to get sensitive or insulted like some on here but once he moves to Newcastle this will be the 5th time he’s moved clubs under contract. He speaks well and comes across a ‘good guy’ but he is nothing but a parasite and after the money. Is this is a record for a Manager under contract?

Your first paragraph is full of assumptions and not a jot of evidence to back it up.  To use that as a way of attacking him is a little dishonest.

4 minutes ago, Morepork said:

There's a lot of Tourette's about at the moment.......

I respect Lawrie's point of view but for me it's too passive. No club with a degree of self respect would roll over and take this. I want to see DC go ten rounds with Ashley......Happy for Bruce to go now so long as his contact is honoured in terms of the compensation on offer. 

Yeah we should stick by our guns and tell them to do one if they aren't stumping the cash up. 

Looks like that's what has happened so either Ashley really wants Bruce or he has to walk out, and in which case it's a pretty straight forward case at a tribunal.

Just now, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Whats to neg on that Watford Owl? 

Jesus, I’ve been nothing but polite to Lawrie Madden (who happened to enquire if I was one of Alex Bruce’s twitter trolls) 

I hope you are noting i'm not negging you or anyone lol 

Look we are all fans if we can't discuss stuff fairly amicably then whats the point 

Let's if possible look at this from a dispassionate perspective(yes I know tough ask). Some of Bruce's comments certainly rile fans, however from another perspective dc (who I think regarding compo is playing a blinder) has given NUFC permission to speak to Bruce. From an employee position that tells Bruce he is no longer wanted so why wouldn't he at least listen to what NUFC have to say? From what I hear about Newcastle from a close friend who is a geordie Bruce will be on less money at then than he is with us so it's not money based. He would be working on the biggest stage in world football and afte the year he has had its hard to blame him. If his heart isn't in it let's let him go providing Ashley pays the required compensation. My biggest gripe here by far is with the shitehouse Ashley. Hope he goes bankrupt quickly the fat cockney f.u.ck

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Indeed so shouldn't refer to us having to reach a compromise. 

He knew his worth when he signed a contract and so did we. There probably isn't a specific buy out clause otherwise it would already have happened.

DC has seen a Championship club get £4M for their manager in the last couple of weeks - a manager with no Premier League games managed, no promotions at any level and only 12 months in total in management. 

It wouldn't surprise me if he sees this as a reference point.

According to Alan Nixon, there is a clause in Bruce's contract:

Bruce’s dream move to Newcastle depends on the Toon paying Sheffield Wednesday a £5million ‘transfer’ fee.

That figure is far more than Ashley expected and he would have to stump up even more for Bruce’s coaches Steve Agnew and Stephen Clemence.

That takes the whole package closer to £6m.

Wednesday’s owner, Thai tuna tycoon Dejphon Chansiri, made sure there was a compensation clause in Bruce’s contract when he joined Owls in January — just in case a Premier League club came in for him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

For clarity, news broke about Bruce on Monday 24th June by several tabloids. He was down the pecking order with the bookies then but I reckon that conversations have been had for a few weeks. I have absolutely no doubt he’s lied on that interview. He’s known about this for a while.

Im certainly not one to get sensitive or insulted like some on here but once he moves to Newcastle this will be the 5th time he’s moved clubs under contract. He speaks well and comes across a ‘good guy’ but he is nothing but a parasite and after the money. Is this is a record for a Manager under contract?

But again, and with the greatest of respect.

Nobody on here was batting an eyelid at this when he was appointed. 

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Bruce’s dream move to Newcastle depends on the Toon paying Sheffield Wednesday a £5million ‘transfer’ fee.

That figure is far more than Ashley expected and he would have to stump up even more for Bruce’s coaches Steve Agnew and Stephen Clemence.

Wednesday’s owner, Thai tuna tycoon Dejphon Chansiri, made sure there was a compensation clause in Bruce’s contract when he joined Owls in January — just in case a Premier League club came in for him.

Well played Mr Chansiri, well played. 

And Stevie Boy agreed to it. 

Compromise?! No chance. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1

If accurate, proof that DC is indeed learning the ropes!!! :Sid: Very shrewd. 

Edited by Morepork

Just now, damianb1 said:

Let's if possible look at this from a dispassionate perspective(yes I know tough ask). Some of Bruce's comments certainly rile fans, however from another perspective dc (who I think regarding compo is playing a blinder) has given NUFC permission to speak to Bruce. From an employee position that tells Bruce he is no longer wanted so why wouldn't he at least listen to what NUFC have to say? From what I hear about Newcastle from a close friend who is a geordie Bruce will be on less money at then than he is with us so it's not money based. He would be working on the biggest stage in world football and afte the year he has had its hard to blame him. If his heart isn't in it let's let him go providing Ashley pays the required compensation. My biggest gripe here by far is with the shitehouse Ashley. Hope he goes bankrupt quickly the fat cockney f.u.ck

I said this regarding wages to a Newcastle supporting mate of mine citing Pardew wasn't he the lowest paid Premier League manager when he was there ?

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Thanks

If that's the case then as I've said all along why should we compromise - Bruce signed that contract.

That might be the case, but it suggests to me the worry DC had in setting him on - why insert this?

A year contract also suggest SB had all the cards, save for the above compo clause, in the contract negotiations with SWFC.

There was no long term plan with SB under a 1 year deal.

Just now, Mycroft said:

Your first paragraph is full of assumptions and not a jot of evidence to back it up.  To use that as a way of attacking him is a little dishonest.

Check back on google and the tabloids - the story broke Monday, 24th June. Given the individual involved is Bruce, do you think he will have known about it? He’s done this 4 times before at other clubs so he has very good form for it. 

This is football and I’m just not that naive to it. All I want now is a good deal for the club, i.e. c£4m compensation and bring in Hughton. Bruce has lost my trust and no doubt our Chairman’s and I want him out as soon as the package is good for the club. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Whats to neg on that @WatfordOwl

Jesus, I’ve been nothing but polite to Lawrie Madden (who happened to enquire if I was one of Alex Bruce’s twitter trolls to which I refrained from retaliating).  

Sorry I hurt your feelings.

I've plussed that one to make up for it. 

Chillax

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

I hope you are noting i'm not negging you or anyone lol 

Look we are all fans if we can't discuss stuff fairly amicably then whats the point 

I am.  And I concur. Neither have I.  Unlike WatfordOwl. 

I know you are polite, so I didn’t react to the troll comment, which I could have conceived as a slur. 

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

With my Wednesday specs on I'm with you and DC but in the cold light of the day he's done nothing wrong.

He is asking for compromise so he can leave us.

If as has been stated, his contract stipulates an amount then there is no compromise to be had, Newcastle should pay the fee Bruce felt he was worth when he signed the contract.