Out Of Respect

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Not sure I’d be comfortable using Big Sam in the witness box. Be like Brian Potter and his glittering boxing career. 

Well i agree with that but jesus it's bordering on flat earthism to suggest tha Allardyce made up a story so his mate could make it to the head of the queue

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

TalkSport is little more than a tabloid in radio format most of the time. Take anything you get from there with a pinch of salt.

Talksport is just a bit of fun that whiles away many boring hours at work but TS didn't say it Lipton said it Monday Allardyce said it Thursday 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

TalkSport is little more than a tabloid in radio format most of the time. Take anything you get from there with a pinch of salt.

Well slightly diff' in as much as if someone said something on radio (in this case alladyce) then they actually said it..

in print its 50/50 at best if words were even said. 

4 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

He will have to follow the terms of his contract.

Indeed so shouldn't refer to us having to reach a compromise. 

He knew his worth when he signed a contract and so did we. There probably isn't a specific buy out clause otherwise it would already have happened.

DC has seen a Championship club get £4M for their manager in the last couple of weeks - a manager with no Premier League games managed, no promotions at any level and only 12 months in total in management. 

It wouldn't surprise me if he sees this as a reference point.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

I’m going to listen to Bruce’s interview again ... I heard it in the car on the way back from Stocksbridge but I was overcome with Tourette’s.  

I’m doing this to see if I can understand Lawrie Maddens point of view. 

My point of view is very close to yours 

I would rather we get paid and send him on his way 

BUT 

He was a good manager before this came up and he'll be a good manager after its chip paper i don't hate him i'm not going to hate him and Wednesday will be just fine either way 

6 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

I’m going to listen to Bruce’s interview again ... I heard it in the car on the way back from Stocksbridge but I was overcome with Tourette’s.  

I’m doing this to see if I can understand Lawrie Maddens point of view. 

There's a lot of Tourette's about at the moment.......

I respect Lawrie's point of view but for me it's too passive. No club with a degree of self respect would roll over and take this. I want to see DC go ten rounds with Ashley......Happy for Bruce to go now so long as his contact is honoured in terms of the compensation on offer. 

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Talksport is just a bit of fun that whiles away many boring hours at work but TS didn't say it Lipton said it Monday Allardyce said it Thursday 

Two upstanding citizens who have never once had their honesty called into any question whatsoever......

21 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

"theres been rumours for a month" and Allardyce being Bruces mate made up a story that he's been offered the job this past week did he 

who's being naive here 

Post anywhere where i've said that i don't think Bruce wants to go to Newcastle he' does we all know it and i've also said from the start get it done one way or the other quickly so we can move on ..............or is that naive of me 

All i'm refusing to do is see it as a huge insult to Wednesday when it's just a bloke wanting to move to a "better" job 

For clarity, news broke about Bruce on Monday 24th June by several tabloids. He was down the pecking order with the bookies then but I reckon that conversations have been had for a few weeks. I have absolutely no doubt he’s lied on that interview. He’s known about this for a while.

Im certainly not one to get sensitive or insulted like some on here but once he moves to Newcastle this will be the 5th time he’s moved clubs under contract. He speaks well and comes across a ‘good guy’ but he is nothing but a parasite and after the money. Is this is a record for a Manager under contract?

2 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Well i agree with that but jesus it's bordering on flat earthism to suggest tha Allardyce made up a story so his mate could make it to the head of the queue

I know.  It’s almost as flat earth is as suggesting Neil Warnock at Cardiff signed Willy Mackays lad from absolute obscurity then didn’t play him at all ... or subsequently using Willie McKays other son as an agent in the majority of Cardiff’s transfer dealings 

remind me, what’s Allardyce’s son do? Ah, he’s a flat earthism football agent ... 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Indeed so shouldn't refer to us having to reach a compromise. 

He knew his worth when he signed a contract and so did we. There probably isn't a specific buy out clause otherwise it would already have happened.

DC has seen a Championship club get £4M for their manager in the last couple of weeks - a manager with no Premier League games managed, no promotions at any level and only 12 months in total in management. 

It would surprise me if he sees this as a reference point.

Are you party to the terms of the contract?  Compromise might be part of the contract.  

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

For clarity, news broke about Bruce on Monday 24th June by several tabloids. He was down the pecking order with the bookies then but I reckon that conversations have been had for a few weeks. I have absolutely no doubt he’s lied on that interview. He’s known about this for a while.

Im certainly not one to get sensitive or insulted like some on here but once he moves to Newcastle this will be the 5th time he’s moved clubs under contract. He speaks well and comes across a ‘good guy’ but he is nothing but a parasite and after the money. Is this is a record for a Manager under contract?

Steve Harmison was quoted at 100 to 1 

His name is always associated with the job when it comes up just like any number of former players are with any number of clubs 

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

Are you party to the terms of the contract?  Compromise might be part of the contract.  

Are you?

It might not.

I don't think Chansiri has the word in his dictionary to be fair. And on this issue I am with him! 

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

I'm no lawyer but generally contracts are in place to avoid ambiguity. The inclusion of such a term would only increase it IMO. But, as you say we are all in the dark atm. 

5 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

He will have to follow the terms of his contract.

SB's contract is the key in this. After all it's 1yr with some severance clause allowing both parties both flexibility and temporary liability. No one should kid themselves that SB was here for the long-term. Of course if he got us where we want, say top 6 come Christmas, this would have put DC in a difficult position anyway, as he would have to decide to offer SB a new, longer contract or risk SB walking away at the end of the season with no compensation.