Out Of Respect

Agree with much said in this thread. Was an ill advised thing to say. Tried back tracking later when he said DC gave permission.

End of the day, Bruce is pals with Mike Ashley and DC is an employer who he has had some purported frustrations with (per Nixon tweet) recently. So it’s clear which side of the fence he sits on. 

58 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

A question 

When Bruce ( if ) starts the season as Newcastle Boss do anyone of us think he'll finish the season as Newcastle boss because i don't 

It's unlikely.

Before any manager takes a job he should ask himself if he can fulfil the ambitions of the fans.

On that basis nobody would manage Newcastle, because the club simply cannot match the ambitions of the supporters.

Fifty years of failure bear testament to that.

In spite of all the investment they've had, especially under Uncle John.

Uncle Jack threw money around, but at least Rovers won the title.

38 minutes ago, Jakes Grandad said:

DC might well be holding out for more money, maybe take 3.5/4 mil and just let Bruce F off now. All credibility gone with Wednesday supporters, if he does not go now every job that comes he is gong to be linked with.

Yes, a very good point.

49 minutes ago, happy bunny said:

I'm fast coming to the conclusion Mr Bruce is quite thick

All the feedback from the NUFC fans is negative. bordering psychotic

He claims to be a fan, born and bred so will be right on point with this

Am I missing something here

perhaps he backs himself to win the fans over …...for him to be a success here he as to better  22 other managers, to succeed  at Newcastle at the present time when everyone expects them to struggle he only as to better 3 of them …..when you weigh in we'll give him bugger all to spend and he'll have a war chest of 70 million if reports are true then its no surprise why he fancies the job  

Let’s face it ...Steve Bruce thinks he’s better than Sheffield Wednesday.....The time and patience we showed to him when waiting for him to be ready to manage us has been thrown back in our face ....The fans chanting “Steve Bruce’s Barmy army” was cringable...also booing the fan who confronted Bruce ..Why ?? ...that fan should have been applauded.......Our fans are one of the most loyal in the country but we have more than our fair share of “happy clappers” who put up with being s#it on !!!!!

I read somewhere but can't find it at the mo...Derby had a clause...prem club comes £5m....more if involved in champions league. Chelsea paid up or thereabouts straight away.

The article went on to say...Sheff Wed have a similar arrangement with Bruce, Wednesday also would be looking for compensation of around £1.75m for Bruce's assistants.

The figure drops significantly, thought to be £1M if a championship club...

This may be the confusion of compensation fees, where some reported £1m and some are saying £6m

No idea if it's close or miles from the truth. But I see no reason to doubt.....I'll try and find it

Shows how stupid Ashley is, if he waited a year he would get him for £1m :biggrin:

I don’t get people saying Mike Ashley is the main one to blame. Don’t get me wrong, the guy is a full on d8ck, but in this situation he has identified his target and gone for him. He’s a businessman at the end of the day, so regardless if we don’t think 1 million is enough, he’s bound to try and do the best business for himself. 

The main culprit is Bruce. Get rid and get someone else in who wants to be here. In any other situation I wouldn’t be bothered he wanted to talk to Newcastle, but the fact that Chansiri waited and let him have an extended break with his family before he started just shows what the guy is really like. 

I hope chansiri sticks to his guns and gets as close to the 5 mil as possible. The only worry in this is that Newcastle back out and chansiri is stuck with Bruce who dosnt want to be here. 

1 hour ago, Hughdowd said:

Let’s face it ...Steve Bruce thinks he’s better than Sheffield Wednesday.....The time and patience we showed to him when waiting for him to be ready to manage us has been thrown back in our face ....The fans chanting “Steve Bruce’s Barmy army” was cringable...also booing the fan who confronted Bruce ..Why ?? ...that fan should have been applauded.......Our fans are one of the most loyal in the country but we have more than our fair share of “happy clappers” who put up with being s#it on !!!!!

Agree why chant his name does my head in ,he don't want to be at Wednesday 

9 hours ago, marcx666 said:

"out of respect for my secretary, I had to sleep with her while my wife was away"

"Out of respect for my wife, I waited until she was away before banging the secretary"

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, keepitsteel89 said:

just listened to the full int on BBC after the games today.. saying the fans are quite unique is clearly not meant to be complimentary.. I cant stand the guy tbh and that interview just made me feel ill lol

Wow i mean just wow 

Your paranoia is clearly out of control if you get any ill will meant towards the fans from that Interview 

I think people anyalysing every word is a bit far but fair enough but to get anything other than admiration for our fans is beyond irrational 

10 hours ago, Wednesdaylip73 said:

Huddersfield fans told me this would happen, the man has no loyalty, why chant his name ???get rid 

You can count on the fingers of one hand anyone in football who has loyalty 

Its his job nothing more he's not a fan he's a professional manager doing a job