I Think I Know Why They Have Not Signed Yet

Right as the title says I believe I know why we have not yet announced the signing's of Borner, Odubajo and Harris and it's all down to our soft embargo and their registrations.

And its based on what I learned while looking up about Barcelona's transfer ban.

Now unless EFL rules are different then I believe the reason they have been signed and not announced is down to the fact that if we sign them now and then are not allowed to register players then we are stuck with then until we can. As I dont think you can loan out players out that are not registered to you.

Now this is the clever bit and why I think we have not announced them yet as officially our players.

If we do get banned from registering players then what I believe we can do is delay the arrive of these players coming to the club.

So we can sign them as pre contact arrangements, all for say Jan 1st or whenever we can register players again. 

This means that until that date they are free to sign for other clubs on loan as we dont technically own them yet.

Am I 100% certain of this no. But it does make alot of sense.

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Right as the title says I believe I know why we have not yet announced the signing's of Borner, Odubajo and Harris and it's all down to our soft embargo and their registrations.

And its based on what I learned while looking up about Barcelona's transfer ban.

Now unless EFL rules are different then I believe the reason they have been signed and not announced is down to the fact that if we sign them now and then are not allowed to register players then we are stuck with then until we can. As I dont think you can loan out players out that are not registered to you.

Now this is the clever bit and why I think we have not announced them yet as officially our players.

If we do get banned from registering players then what I believe we can do is delay the arrive of these players coming to the club.

So we can sign them as pre contact arrangements, all for say Jan 1st or whenever we can register players again. 

This means that until that date they are free to sign for other clubs on loan as we dont technically own them yet.

Am I 100% certain of this no. But it does make alot of sense.

Unlike your post mate 

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Not sure how we can loan someone we don't technically own? Who would they be on loan from as e.g. Odubajo has been released by Brentford.

Sorry. No they would be under the unattached rules.

I can't see anyone wanting to sign any of the players above for six months. Clubs will probably want to get players in on two or three year deals, not someone they pay until the end of December then have to pay to replace in January.

No player currently training at the club is going to be putting themselves out of employment for six months

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox

So, they've signed, but they haven't? We secure their futures, but they go and play elsewhere? They'd be ours, but technically not? ..and you think their agents would be telling them it's a good idea?

Basically in a nut shull we our 100% confident we will be able to register them as our players come the end of the summer transfer window other I dont think they would be parading them about as they have been.

However should we not be allowed to register them then I believe that this is our get out clause until we can.

Otherwise we will be stuck with 3 wages of players we cant play on our hands.

23 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

The above completely contradicts what you said an hour ago..

57 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I am pretty certain that we would have to hold the registrations for the players we have in order to loan them out.

So although we own Borner, Odubajo and Harris we dont own their registrations so they can not play for us or anyone else until we do.

:Sid:

• Haha 3

Here's what's happened. They've signed, registered and are available to play. No conspiracies, no drama. They're our players. It doesn't all suddenly become official just because the club tweets it.

14 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Even clubs under embargo are allowed to sign players if their squad is less than 24 players

I think it is all to do with the late submitting of accounts

We are just waiting for a D- TAXI to pick up the accounts and deliver them to the EFL, nothing to worry about.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Basically in a nut shull we our 100% confident we will be able to register them as our players come the end of the summer transfer window other I dont think they would be parading them about as they have been.

However should we not be allowed to register them then I believe that this is our get out clause until we can.

Otherwise we will be stuck with 3 wages of players we cant play on our hands.

Why do you need a get out clause if you're 100% certain?

• Haha 2