I Think I Know Why They Have Not Signed Yet

So , we have signed and paying players but don't know if / when we can register and play them?

And are we tied to long - term contracts with them, if EFL  say no?

Or did no one else want these guys as surely they would have signed elsewhere with ore stability?    

36 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Bruce was away with the lads abroad on a training camp for a while,so we couldn't do an official press conference without our manager to be there. That would have been a Daley to start with. 

2B293CB500000578-3187442-image-a-5_1438899749005.jpg

Or

4638138-6222811-image-m-5_1538256210369.jpg

Edited by markowl
  • Haha 1

Guest mkowl
8 minutes ago, NYowl said:

Got the theory at last.

So basically the square on the hypotenuse is equall to the sum of the square of the other 2 sides.

Stop going off at a tangent 

12 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

So , we have signed and paying players but don't know if / when we can register and play them?

And are we tied to long - term contracts with them, if EFL  say no?

Or did no one else want these guys as surely they would have signed elsewhere with ore stability?    

The players must have contracts, as there's no way they'd risk injury by taking part in pre-season training (and relocating to a different country in Börner's case) otherwise. I'd imagine the club and players must be pretty confident of the soft embargo being lifted for that to be the case. The club are apparently in regular dialogue with the EFL, so they won't be in the dark as to what requirements they'll need to meet.

The worst-case scenario you outline above seems unlikely, but yes - the players would be contracted to us but unable to play for us. Again, all involved must be pretty confident that won't happen for them to have signed contracts.

As for them not being wanted elsewhere, Börner was Arminia Bielefeld captain and they offered him a new deal, and it's unlikely that players of Odubajo and Harris' quality would struggle to find another club at this level given that they were both available on a free. Odubajo turned down a contract at Hull last summer, and he's further proven himself to be back to full fitness since then.

10 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Right as the title says I believe I know why we have not yet announced the signing's of Borner, Odubajo and Harris and it's all down to our soft embargo and their registrations.

And its based on what I learned while looking up about Barcelona's transfer ban.

Now unless EFL rules are different then I believe the reason they have been signed and not announced is down to the fact that if we sign them now and then are not allowed to register players then we are stuck with then until we can. As I dont think you can loan out players out that are not registered to you.

Now this is the clever bit and why I think we have not announced them yet as officially our players.

If we do get banned from registering players then what I believe we can do is delay the arrive of these players coming to the club.

So we can sign them as pre contact arrangements, all for say Jan 1st or whenever we can register players again. 

This means that until that date they are free to sign for other clubs on loan as we dont technically own them yet.

Am I 100% certain of this no. But it does make alot of sense.

831313331_giphy-2019-07-08T083943_078.gif.c97a7bc55f8ad89f5ba6395aef0a5f55.gif

27 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I don’t really care.

I’m enjoying the break from football and believe it’ll sort itself out.

Chill out and enjoy the summer.

Don't say things like that, what if it's contagious and everyone starts saying things like, " Ooooh what a lovely day", and "I don't miss football at all", where would we be, you need to get up Greno woods and sort yourself out.

PS make sure nobody see's you. 

Seems pretty simple to me. 

They have signed contracts with us, fully employed by SWFC. 

As of right now now they aren’t registered to play for us with elf/fa. 

Club haven't announced signing due to them not technically allowed to play for us due to on going accounts issue. Club won’t risk announcing until registered with elf/fa. 

Clubs legal team confident all will be sorted in time for August 3rd. 

Relax and enjoy the summer. If not announced by 2nd Aug then start worrying!

Edited by DesWalker

You think you know why, Chansiri also know's why, but is his know why different to what you know,  is it a case of him not knowing what you know and

you not knowing what he knows, or do both of you know what the other knows but don't know it.

I hope to God Bruce knows.

Edited by daleblue

2 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

The players and their representatives must have been convinced it will all be ok or they would be with us.

Aye, Neville Chamberlain was convinced that there would be "peace in our time".

garymegson

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

The players and their representatives must have been convinced it will all be ok or they would be with us.

I'm not singling you out on this (OK, I've quoted you, I am... but I don't intend to :biggrin:), but quite a lot of people are saying this. And it's very naive. Last season, Brum bought a player over from Europe, he bought his family, the EFL wouldn't allow him to be registered to play. It happens, very rarely, but it happens.

The questions that need to be asked are:

-Are we demonstrably a better run club that Birmingham?

-Is there absolutely no chance that no EFL club will ever again be in the same position, with a player signed but not permitted by the league to play?

It's not likely that it's going to happen to us, I don't realistically believe it will/has happened to us... but after every misstep over the last couple of years I think someone would have to be very, very naive to answer both the above questions with a 100% certain "yes".

Until everything is sorted, I wouldn't count chickens before they hatch. 

Edited by StudentOwl

9 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I'm not singling you out on this (OK, I've quoted you, I am... but I don't intend to :biggrin:), but quite a lot of people are saying this. And it's very naive. Last season, Brum bought a player over from Europe, he bought his family, the EFL wouldn't allow him to be registered to play. It happens, very rarely, but it happens.

Surely following Birmingham the players and their representatives would be more suspicious of the circumstances? They should be.

I accept that just because they have been convinced it doesn't mean that it's 100% going to be ok but given that it is only a few months since Brum were docked extra points for this, surely they would want pretty solid assurances?

3 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

-Is there absolutely no chance that no EFL club will ever again be in the same position, with a player signed but not permitted by the league to play?

It's not likely that it's going to happen to us, I don't realistically believe it will/has happened to us... but after every misstep over the last couple of years I think someone would have to be very, very naive to answer both the above questions with a 100% certain "yes".

Never fear, read the op.

I have explained ways around it.

:Sid:

15 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Right as the title says I believe I know why we have not yet announced the signing's of Borner, Odubajo and Harris and it's all down to our soft embargo and their registrations.

And its based on what I learned while looking up about Barcelona's transfer ban.

Now unless EFL rules are different then I believe the reason they have been signed and not announced is down to the fact that if we sign them now and then are not allowed to register players then we are stuck with then until we can. As I dont think you can loan out players out that are not registered to you.

Now this is the clever bit and why I think we have not announced them yet as officially our players.

If we do get banned from registering players then what I believe we can do is delay the arrive of these players coming to the club.

So we can sign them as pre contact arrangements, all for say Jan 1st or whenever we can register players again. 

This means that until that date they are free to sign for other clubs on loan as we dont technically own them yet.

Am I 100% certain of this no. But it does make alot of sense.

I've got a question

you're crazy.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

He did well to play 39 times for them last season if the EFL wouldn't allow him to be registered, then.

:duntmatter:

They also decided that Pederson's signing should “not be treated as an aggravating factor” in Birmingham's points deduction.

There are no guarantees of course, but you'd think that if signing a player for £2m whilst under an embargo has no impact on any EFL sanctions, then signing free agents is unlikely to cause them too much concern.