I Think I Know Why They Have Not Signed Yet

3 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Why do you need a get out clause if you're 100% certain?

Why have they not been announced if they have 100% signed.

Because we cannot register players yet. Meaning everything I said could be true.

:Sid:

14 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Because we cannot register players yet. Meaning everything I said could be true.

I agree that it's confusing and doesn't make sense, but why would a player sign for a club if there's a possibility, however small, that the club won't be able to registered the player, and the club has a get out to avoid paying him if it does happen? They just wouldn't.

15 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

I agree that it's confusing and doesn't make sense, but why would a player sign for a club if there's a possibility, however small, that the club won't be able to registered the player, and the club has a get out to avoid paying him if it does happen? They just wouldn't.

No they wouldn't. But if we cant register them then they effectively have.

I am not trying to say they have not signed they have. I am just trying to think of reasons they have not been announced yet and what may happen if they cant play for us.

Guest timrud

I think somebody at the club typed the tweets out then forgot to press send. And they've not realised yet.

Guest ka58
1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

Right as the title says I believe I know why we have not yet announced the signing's of Borner, Odubajo and Harris and it's all down to our soft embargo and their registrations.

And its based on what I learned while looking up about Barcelona's transfer ban.

Now unless EFL rules are different then I believe the reason they have been signed and not announced is down to the fact that if we sign them now and then are not allowed to register players then we are stuck with then until we can. As I dont think you can loan out players out that are not registered to you.

Now this is the clever bit and why I think we have not announced them yet as officially our players.

If we do get banned from registering players then what I believe we can do is delay the arrive of these players coming to the club.

So we can sign them as pre contact arrangements, all for say Jan 1st or whenever we can register players again. 

This means that until that date they are free to sign for other clubs on loan as we dont technically own them yet.

Am I 100% certain of this no. But it does make alot of sense.

None of that made any sense to me.

I like a drink on a Sunday too.

Or maybe we haven't had a day free to.do a press conference yet?

Flew straight to Portugal after Owls.In The Park, then on  to Germany.

Come back from Germany, new.kit will.have arrived- do a press conference.and photo shoot.

No need to panic.

2 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Right as the title says I believe I know why we have not yet announced the signing's of Borner, Odubajo and Harris and it's all down to our soft embargo and their registrations.

And its based on what I learned while looking up about Barcelona's transfer ban.

Now unless EFL rules are different then I believe the reason they have been signed and not announced is down to the fact that if we sign them now and then are not allowed to register players then we are stuck with then until we can. As I dont think you can loan out players out that are not registered to you.

Now this is the clever bit and why I think we have not announced them yet as officially our players.

If we do get banned from registering players then what I believe we can do is delay the arrive of these players coming to the club.

So we can sign them as pre contact arrangements, all for say Jan 1st or whenever we can register players again. 

This means that until that date they are free to sign for other clubs on loan as we dont technically own them yet.

Am I 100% certain of this no. But it does make alot of sense.

Basically in a nut shull we our 100% confident we will be able to register them as our players come the end of the summer transfer window other I dont think they would be parading them about as they have been.

However should we not be allowed to register them then I believe that this is our get out clause until we can.

Otherwise we will be stuck with 3 wages of players we cant play on our hands.

That's if we own them. If they have signed pre contracts we dont officially own them yet.

55 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

No they wouldn't. But if we cant register them then they effectively have.

I am not trying to say they have not signed they have. I am just trying to think of reasons they have not been announced yet and what may happen if they cant play for us.

Right!

I think I understand all that.:wacko:

Basically what you're saying is that you haven't got a Fecking clue about what's going on.WTF:

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Right!

I think I understand all that.:wacko:

Basically what you're saying is that you haven't got a Fecking clue about what's going on.WTF:

Pretty much yeah.

But I have a theory.

:tango:

If all is true, about the club changing from a public company to a private company, one of the perks for private companies is being allowed a longer time frame to release yearly accounts. We'd get an additional 3 months. 

Problem is, FA probably need the accounts, to allow us to register players. 

So it boils down to simple questions.

SWFC to FA - "Can we register our players please"

FA to SWFC - "Can we have your accounts please"

We could be under a soft embargo now, without the FA seeing the accounts which is frightening. 

Guest mkowl
2 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

If all is true, about the club changing from a public company to a private company, one of the perks for private companies is being allowed a longer time frame to release yearly accounts. We'd get an additional 3 months. 

Problem is, FA probably need the accounts, to allow us to register players. 

So it boils down to simple questions.

SWFC to FA - "Can we register our players please"

FA to SWFC - "Can we have your accounts please"

We could be under a soft embargo now, without the FA seeing the accounts which is frightening. 

The club is already a private company - the PLC effectively disappeared when Milan took over

However the 2nd bit is probably correct. The accounts are nearly 2.5 months late on top of the 2 months the filing period was already extended by. 

I can't believe that Companies House are not getting a bit shirty by now. Yes they will give longer if you correspond with them but from my experience that would have been a month, then 2 weeks, then the warning letter about striking off. It wouldn't surprise me to see the striking off application appearing on the record soon. That gives you 3 months before it is activated.

Whether Companies House take action against the director is also another option. I have played the system on behalf of clients in the past until one day a prosecution notice suddenly turned up for one of them. 

I’m confident they’ve signed and registered and the agreement is we won’t announce until it’s green lighted by the EFL

1. Who exactly would be loaning them out? They’re all unattached to clubs if we haven’t registered them.

2. Why would three players who could get a deal somewhere else choose a club you can’t sign them? There are pretty clear risks to that. Professionally and financially

Bruce was away with the lads abroad on a training camp for a while,so we couldn't do an official press conference without our manager to be there. That would have been a Daley to start with. 

The reason we havnt officially announced them since is probably becouse unlike everyone else in the bloody league, we still havnt submitted the accounts and until you do you can't sign players without the green light that you've passed FFP.. Personally I'm losing all faith in chansiri ever getting us promoted as he's had over 3 seasons now to get a handle on things and still seems to be be lagging behind every other club as far as buisness, planning and forward thinking is concerned.