I Think I Know Why They Have Not Signed Yet

Just now, camffiti said:

I thought it was obvious that, as things stand, we won't be able to register / play Borner, Odubajo & Harris in the Championship 

Once the FA are satisfied, that we realise the rules and are making an effort to improve how we operate, we'll get the green light. 

Only problem being the accounts, if they haven't recieved them yet, the severity of our sanction won't be fully felt yet.

Hence why we should have renewed Matias, he was already in the door, already registered.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Once the FA are satisfied, that we realise the rules and are making an effort to improve how we operate, we'll get the green light. 

Only problem being the accounts, if they haven't recieved them yet, the severity of our sanction won't be fully felt yet.

Hence why we should have renewed Matias, he was already in the door, already registered.

The fact that the club felt confident enough to release him would suggest that they're confident the embargo will be lifted.

48 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

The only nagging concern is , where are the accounts??

I think the honest truth is.

They're being held back from proving what a terrible business man our owner is. 

Reckless over generousity, committing to big deals for Jones, Boyd, Rhodes, Urby, Abdi etc...and getting less than 10% value out of them all.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I think the honest truth is.

They're being held back from proving what a terrible business man our owner is. 

Reckless over generousity, committing to big deals for Jones, Boyd, Rhodes, Urby, Abdi etc...and getting less than 10% value out of them all.

Mess or not , they have to be submitted. Knowing the extent of a shambles is better than this continually waiting.

18 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Right as the title says I believe I know why we have not yet announced the signing's of Borner, Odubajo and Harris and it's all down to our soft embargo and their registrations.

And its based on what I learned while looking up about Barcelona's transfer ban.

Now unless EFL rules are different then I believe the reason they have been signed and not announced is down to the fact that if we sign them now and then are not allowed to register players then we are stuck with then until we can. As I dont think you can loan out players out that are not registered to you.

Now this is the clever bit and why I think we have not announced them yet as officially our players.

If we do get banned from registering players then what I believe we can do is delay the arrive of these players coming to the club.

So we can sign them as pre contact arrangements, all for say Jan 1st or whenever we can register players again. 

This means that until that date they are free to sign for other clubs on loan as we dont technically own them yet.

Am I 100% certain of this no. But it does make alot of sense.

Sending you an invoice for the mobile data ive just wasted to read this

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Basically in a nut shull we our 100% confident we will be able to register them as our players come the end of the summer transfer window other I dont think they would be parading them about as they have been.

However should we not be allowed to register them then I believe that this is our get out clause until we can.

Otherwise we will be stuck with 3 wages of players we cant play on our hands.

Your final sentence just seems to be the norm for us recently.

22 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Right as the title says I believe I know why we have not yet announced the signing's of Borner, Odubajo and Harris and it's all down to our soft embargo and their registrations.

And its based on what I learned while looking up about Barcelona's transfer ban.

Now unless EFL rules are different then I believe the reason they have been signed and not announced is down to the fact that if we sign them now and then are not allowed to register players then we are stuck with then until we can. As I dont think you can loan out players out that are not registered to you.

Now this is the clever bit and why I think we have not announced them yet as officially our players.

If we do get banned from registering players then what I believe we can do is delay the arrive of these players coming to the club.

So we can sign them as pre contact arrangements, all for say Jan 1st or whenever we can register players again. 

This means that until that date they are free to sign for other clubs on loan as we dont technically own them yet.

Am I 100% certain of this no. But it does make alot of sense.

Loosely translated as we fuuccked up on a major scale. 

I don't know and doubt any of us know the contracts of those 3 players , if we were told we cant register them then those players are in limbo,either we pay then until jan 1st or next summer and they cant play, or we mess them about big time and tell them to look for other clubs even though borner has come from germany and moved  his family here. the sooner this is sorted the better . does anyone know how long our last embargo lasted? it was between 3-6 months I believe and we only came out of it 2 days before deadline day and were allowed to sign hector and onamah on loan . even if the football league don't give us a points deduction they could drag this soft embargo right upto final day of deadline hence we would be left with little to bring in. im pretty sure the football league wont be impressed with the accounts late and turned into a 15 month account period . 

Guest Ash76

I hear there's been a meeting tonight. SWFC, EFL, FA, Companies House and a few others.

A presentation of posts and threads from Owlstalk was delivered

Heres some footage

tenor.gif

On 08/07/2019 at 14:13, bigash_swfc said:

not sure about Matias, Lee signed his renewal a few weeks ago but as of yet as far as he is aware the contract hasn't gone through, but he has been told not to worry as it will go through, now Westwoods is through the others may follow