13 hours ago, snaykz said:

Exactly the sort of pacy, creative player we should be targeting. With a full preseason under his belt, he’ll be less susceptible to injury. 

If our fans are really turning their noses up at Aarons, I’ve genuinely no idea who they’re expecting us to sign. 

Stuart Downing lol

This is exactly the type of player we should be looking at. As with Lazaar, such a better option than Bidwell who is just ok, we may be skint but we should be aiming for better than ok/average/old.

4 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Some good points made. 

His fitness is questionable and with FFP you can't carry passengers like we've been doing only playing and fit for a handful of games a season. 

There's definate quality there and pace which were sadly lacking and while he didn't get many goals, maybe with a good run of games and improved fitness they would come. 

There's also the fact that bannan hardly scored more than a couple of goals a season, but he creates plenty of chances for others to score, so for me an assist is as good as a goal. 

Definatley puts a shift in and works his socks off when he's played and has great enthusiasm. 

Wages may be high too, so there's that to take in to consideration, but for the right deal could be very good for us. 

For me he basically ticks as many plus points as negatives, but let's wait and see if Bruce has someone else lined up on the radar. 

I don't really care who we sign this year, as long as there younger, fitter legs with plenty of graft, enthusiasm and the right attitude. As I'm getting fed up of the likes of Jones, Boyd, Butterfield and joao just wandering out onto the pitch and strolling around as if they've got the beach towel over the shoulder. 

Last paragraph, agree completely. Minimum required is that players move heaven and earth to stay fit and improve their game, then give 100% on the pitch.

5 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Last paragraph, agree completely. Minimum required is that players move heaven and earth to stay fit and improve their game, then give 100% on the pitch.

I think Bruce might have the same requirement don't you think? It only took him six weeks to notch everything up to 100% and the players responded. With a proper pre-season I hope we will hit the ground running

If this Newcastle takeover goes through, you’d expect to see players like Aarons being made available to leave. 

I dont think we saw enough of him to really say whether he’d work out as a good signing or not, but he’s exactly the type of player we should be looking at; pacy, creative & an eye for goal.

If we could pick him up relatively cheap, or even on loan again, I wouldn’t be against the idea. 

• Like 1

TBH if we were interested in either Lazaar or Aarons we should not pay a large transfer fee. Newcastle will not use either of them, particularly if they have a new owner flushed with cash. Based on their injury records even on a free both would be a gamble but both showed touches  of class. 

23 hours ago, mogbad said:

A season long loan or free/nominal fee I'd take him. Anything more then it's a no. 

23 hours ago, HeathrowOwl said:

Would love to see him back seemed promising from the little we saw of him

Been told there’s a very good chance we will see Aarons back at Hillsborough next season.  UTO 

• Like 1

As other have said.  I think a season long loan would be the best way forward.  Rolando need to prove his fitness and whether he can hack a full season.  

I'm sure Newcastle will want to offload him, so if we do go in to buy then the price should be similar to what we paid for Iorfa.  

2 hours ago, kevtheowl said:

Been told there’s a very good chance we will see Aarons back at Hillsborough next season.  UTO 

Kev, you've said Bruce wants Diame, Aarons. Who else has been mentioned, Odubajo is as good as signed you said.

I'm not sure if I've missed any others you think likely.

12 minutes ago, prowl said:

Kev, you've said Bruce wants Diame, Aarons. Who else has been mentioned, Odubajo is as good as signed you said.

I'm not sure if I've missed any others you think likely.

There will be a couple more in the coming weeks.   UTO 

• Thanks 1

On 04/06/2019 at 19:33, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He's sat thinking about his time with us?

Bloody hell, Rolando - just have a w*nk, dude.

:duntmatter:

Didn't even carry on reading this thread after this post - had to put this first!

YOU WIN!

image.png.57ba400f1e4df7070e0c16c883c5db2b.png

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

It would have to be a season long loan deal for me .. nothing permanent .. the guys got history in the first aid bay and we are trying to move away from that ...

4 year deal and and extra year to trigger on top it is then .

• Haha 1