14 minutes ago, snaykz said:

Exactly the sort of pacy, creative player we should be targeting. With a full preseason under his belt, he’ll be less susceptible to injury. 

If our fans are really turning their noses up at Aarons, I’ve genuinely no idea who they’re expecting us to sign. 

Spot on! I genuinely laughed out loud at that because it’s so true. It encapsulates our fans’ mindset in one simple statement. They (whoever they are) say “it’s the hope that kills you”  but it’s the expectation in our case. I love being a Wednesdayite; it’s fvvcking hilarious at times. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, snaykz said:

Exactly the sort of pacy, creative player we should be targeting. With a full preseason under his belt, he’ll be less susceptible to injury. 

If our fans are really turning their noses up at Aarons, I’ve genuinely no idea who they’re expecting us to sign. 

The lads picks up injuries all the time. Direct quote from my Newcastle supporting mate ‘class player but never fit’. Would rather we didn’t take the risk on another injury prone player and sign someone who has a better fitness record. 

3 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Spot on! I genuinely laughed out loud at that because it’s so true. It encapsulates our fans’ mindset in one simple statement. They (whoever they are) say “it’s the hope that kills you”  but it’s the expectation in our case. I love being a Wednesdayite; it’s fvvcking hilarious at times. 

Have we not learnt anything from the past 2 years? Don’t sign crocks. And unfortunately for Aarons he is injured more of the time than not. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon

It's not about turning your nose up at him.

More that Wednesday fans only seem to be able to see as far as the end of their noses. Wednesday fans love looking backwards.

It wasn't Aarons himself that was the revelation but the system we played to accomodate him.

Let's go out and sign someone who will play 35 games a season though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Have we not learnt anything from the past 2 years? Don’t sign crocks. And unfortunately for Aarons he is injured more of the time than not. 

I’m not advocating we pay big money for him (or any money at all for that matter) but with him being surplus to requirements at Newcastle, we’d be foolish not to explore taking him on loan again or signing him in a short-term contract similar to the one that is rumoured Lee has been offered (where he has to prove his fitness to convert it into a longer term contract).   

Edited by shandypants

3 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I’m not advocating we pay big money for him (or any money at all for that matter) but with him being surplus to requirements at Newcastle, we’d be foolish not to explore taking him on loan again or signing him in a short-term contract similar to the one that is rumoured Lee has been offered (where he has to prove his fitness to convert it into a longer term contract).   

We're fast becoming the go-to club for crocks to prove themselves.

All well and good for the players but come October when the season is up and running we're lagging behind.

Guest Jack the Hat
26 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

I honestly believe, if he'd stayed fit we would have made the playoffs.

Problem we have is he'd cost a bit and probably not worth the gamble. I'd take him on a season long loan though.

I like you optimism but I reckon we would have beaten united at least

7 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Should be a last resort option in my opinion. I'd rather us take a youngster from the Prem on loan. 

And to be honest Aarons might not want to take a contract on significantly reduced terms. He'll be on a fair bit at Newcastle. It's just a very risky signing. A loan maybe, but I would rather we use our money on someone who is proven to be more reliable. 

1 hour ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

He's just put on his Instagram page that he's sat thinking about his time with us maybe a sign he could be coming back ? Thought he was class in the games he played for us and maybe has unfinished business here ....

garymegson

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, snaykz said:

As I said, I liked him, but if he’s a wide attacker, he doesn’t score enough goals

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

We looked a different side last year with his pace out wide. If a deal can be done I’d love to see him back at Hillsborough.

Or someone like him.

we looked different because it injected pace into the team 

Absolute LOLZ, most Wednesday thing ever that our fans are genuinely kicking the tyres on Aarons.

Four years ago it would’ve been absolutely inconceivable we’d get a look-in on a loan deal for that sort of young Prem talent.

It wasn’t long before that we were all excited about Stevie May coming in.

We nust be one of the most confused and confusing fanbases in the entire football league. Madness.

If he wants in, gerrim in.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Absolute LOLZ, most Wednesday thing ever that our fans are genuinely kicking the tyres on Aarons.

Four years ago it would’ve been absolutely inconceivable we’d get a look-in on a loan deal for that sort of young Prem talent.

It wasn’t long before that we were all excited about Stevie May coming in.

We nust be one of the most confused and confusing fanbases in the entire football league. Madness.

If he wants in, gerrim in.

Things have changed during that time, Wigan were able to borrow a player valued at 15m from Chelsea. Us borrowing a player Newcastle will practically give away, is actually not that big a deal. Why accept the mediocre

• Like 1