New kit

33 minutes ago, 19owl08 said:

My old man was in the shop the other day & they told him the away kit will be released at Owls in the Park but no idea on the home kit. Sounds bizarre to release the away kit first if it’s true.

Yeh they always do that to sell more 

bizarre thing is ours is always a big secret n never early 

5 hours ago, Blue and white said:

It's one of a few areas of our club where we really need to sort our shitout big time, every year is the same and it's very frustrating, almost border's on being a bit tinpot.

What d’ya mean almost!

• Haha 2

Guest wilyfox

Every year there are fans hoping for early kit release, and every year there are problems and delays. Just accept it, we don't do early kits. 

Guest Kameron

Most big suppliers already have a basic template that could easily be adjusted to personalise it as required, 91 other clubs all seem capable of organising kits.  This is not a new thing with us it goes back years, how hard can it be to get Umbro or any of the other to suppliers to come up with a decent kit for us?  Even in leagues 1 and 2 there are some cracking kits, ours look like they've been made by three year old kids, actually they probably have. 

https://www.umbro.co.uk/item/1760/Shirts/MILAN-STRIPE-SS-JERSEY-Tw-Royal--White.html

Good to see the likes of Umbro making a come back. Wouldn't mind a return to them or giving the likes of Hummel or Admiral a go. Kits nowadays are getting worse but to be fair there's a couple of decent shirts already been released. I quite like Middlesbrough's away shirt, plus Palace and Brighton's home shirts too. Worryingly the trend seems to be to change up or do away with iconic striped shirts this summer it seems? Some of the iconic Italian club shirts look hideous and tacky but not as horrendous as Hull or Derby's home shirts? 

Edited by The Night-Owl

12 hours ago, 19owl08 said:

My old man was in the shop the other day & they told him the away kit will be released at Owls in the Park but no idea on the home kit. Sounds bizarre to release the away kit first if it’s true.

Makes more sense.

People like the moaners above desperate for a kit will buy the away one so they get their hands on a Wednesday strip.

If we released the home one first, those fans would just buy that and ignore the away one.

This way, we get sales of both strips.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

1 hour ago, Kameron said:

Most big suppliers already have a basic template that could easily be adjusted to personalise it as required, 91 other clubs all seem capable of organising kits.  This is not a new thing with us it goes back years, how hard can it be to get Umbro or any of the other to suppliers to come up with a decent kit for us?  Even in leagues 1 and 2 there are some cracking kits, ours look like they've been made by three year old kids, actually they probably have. 

https://www.umbro.co.uk/item/1760/Shirts/MILAN-STRIPE-SS-JERSEY-Tw-Royal--White.html

Dont think theres anything at all wrong with quality of our kits they just need ordering earlier.

That template is poo and I wouldn't even use it for my pub team.

4 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Dont think theres anything at all wrong with quality of our kits they just need ordering earlier.

Nothing wrong? Are you actually serious? They are atrocious.

8 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

I can't disagree more with that. Even if some people might not like the designs, materials/construction-wise they're the best quality shirts we've had since the '90s by a country mile. Most of the replica shirts I've owned since then are in a condition that's only really fit for the bin (stitching unravelling, loss of shape, badges/sponsors peeling off after just a couple of washes), even though they've not exactly had poor treatment. The last two seasons I've been playing weekly 5-a-side in the current shirts giving them far rougher treatment than anything in previous years and they're still literally in mint condition.

The problem is that unless a name brand is stuck on it people are gong to assume they quality is poor. From what I've seen in the 15 years I've been working in the sportswear industry, the quality of most name brand product is far inferior to that of most independent brands. Personally, unless we somehow managed to get the premium-level kits that only the top teams get (which is obviously not going to happen), I'd be very disappointed if we didn't continue with the manufacturer of our current kits.

Guest Kameron
1 hour ago, coopswfc76 said:

Each to there own but the quality of our kits and training gear in my opinion is appalling. 

1 hour ago, fatzooma said:

In what way, design this season spot on and I've only got a pair of what I'd call swim short material but there spot on.

Young in had a couple of training tops and they were fine and baby got replica home shirt with no problems.

Genuinely some the generic stuff from the big brands is shocking imo.

9 hours ago, Blue and white said:

It's one of a few areas of our club where we really need to sort our shitout big time, every year is the same and it's very frustrating, almost border's on being a bit tinpot.

Along with ticket prices  , food kiosks,  other merchandise yup deffo  

• Thanks 1