New kit

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You don't think a fair few clubs have already announced their kits for next season then?

You don't think only having the £99 shirts available on the launch date last year wasn't a bad idea? 

From what I can 21 of the 92 league clubs have announced a new strip. With 2 clubs keeping the same.

Not later than most at the moment.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You don't think a fair few clubs have already announced their kits for next season then?

You don't think only having the £99 shirts available on the launch date last year wasn't a bad idea? 

Not really.  Being an adult, I only need the kit to be on the team first home game of the season.  I'm no itk, but I'll be gobsmacked if it's not on sale, as usual, on Sunday.

Pretty smart of the club to maximise revenue, by only having the more expensive shirt available for people who haven't got the sense to wait a week or two.,

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

From what I can 21 of the 92 league clubs have announced a new strip. With 2 clubs keeping the same.

Fair play on the research but I'd be surprised if that is the case. I think I have seen kits from at least half of the PL teams and looking into it, not really concerned with League 1 and 2 clubs as we shouldn't be comparing our merchandising approach to them.

11 of the other 23 Championship teams have a new kit out already for next season, a couple more have confirmed a release date and a couple of the others have new 19/20 training wear available. If you are happy with that fair enough but as said, this is a trend with us.

36 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Not really.  Being an adult, I only need the kit to be on the team first home game of the season.  I'm no itk, but I'll be gobsmacked if it's not on sale, as usual, on Sunday.

Pretty smart of the club to maximise revenue, by only having the more expensive shirt available for people who haven't got the sense to wait a week or two.,

Why are you so concerned about continuing to post in this thread then?

Yeah, very smart of the club to only have the £99 shirt available at the big launch last season. I am sure many people made the purchase and there was no negative feedback or publicity from this whatsoever.

A lot of people seem to have polar-views on here in terms of the owner can't do anything right or the owner can do no wrong. I have been fairly positive on here when plenty have been wetting the bed of late but to say our approach to selling replica kits in the past few years has been 'smart' is stretching things a bit. 

A replica kit is a tool for collecting revenue for the club in exchange for the sale of a product with a massive mark up.

Replica shirts are famously inexpensive to produce & the in house production (& sales, we’re not in Sugg or similar anymore...) should increase profits for the club.

As soon as the final whistle blows on the last game of the season the ‘current kit’ is immediately out of date.

Fans will want the new one, if it can be on sale from May it will have 3 months as a ‘new kit’ before the season even starts.

Then you have 9 month of it being the current kit.

It’s also a way of marketing the club by having branded merchandise being sported by fans at home & on holiday.

For those deriding fans who wish to see an early release date as juvenile just remember that the club is missing out on revenue by not timing/exploiting sales for the summer market.

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Fair play on the research but I'd be surprised if that is the case. I think I have seen kits from at least half of the PL teams and looking into it, not really concerned with League 1 and 2 clubs as we shouldn't be comparing our merchandising approach to them.

11 of the other 23 Championship teams have a new kit out already for next season, a couple more have confirmed a release date and a couple of the others have new 19/20 training wear available. If you are happy with that fair enough but as said, this is a trend with us.

The new season starts August 2nd. As long as it's out for then it's fine. I'd like us to keep our home kit for another year to be honest but we all know that won't happen.

It's 100% the case. A lot of Prem clubs have had their kits leak, most genuinely, but we aren't of big enough stature to have big leaks like top flight clubs.

As League 1 and 2 clubs form part of the EFL, of which our league the championship is a part of, less than 25% of teams in the top 4 leagues in England have released or announced a strip. There's plenty of time.

I do think we'll have a problem this year though with the WAWAW thing. Its bound to be on the strip and I reckon as we planned a photoshoot that's when the issue arose.

So if the kits late again, blame Mr. Jennings.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Owls in the Park init!

Just not bothered...

22 minutes ago, Big Rons Hairspray said:

A replica kit is a tool for collecting revenue for the club in exchange for the sale of a product with a massive mark up.

Replica shirts are famously inexpensive to produce & the in house production (& sales, we’re not in Sugg or similar anymore...) should increase profits for the club.

As soon as the final whistle blows on the last game of the season the ‘current kit’ is immediately out of date.

Fans will want the new one, if it can be on sale from May it will have 3 months as a ‘new kit’ before the season even starts.

Then you have 9 month of it being the current kit.

It’s also a way of marketing the club by having branded merchandise being sported by fans at home & on holiday.

For those deriding fans who wish to see an early release date as juvenile just remember that the club is missing out on revenue by not timing/exploiting sales for the summer market.

Load of cobblers.  People wanting the new shirt will buy it whenever it's available.

4 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Load of cobblers.  People wanting the new shirt will buy it whenever it's available.

Which part do you think is cobblers?

I agree that people who want one will buy when it’s available but my argument is that if you can extend the period of time that a shirt is classed as ‘new’ then more people are likely to buy it (part timers, for gifts etc)

So if it’s available earlier we might generate more sales, if we have a good start to the season we might sell a few more....

1 minute ago, Big Rons Hairspray said:

Which part do you think is cobblers?

I agree that people who want one will buy when it’s available but my argument is that if you can extend the period of time that a shirt is classed as ‘new’ then more people are likely to buy it (part timers, for gifts etc)

So if it’s available earlier we might generate more sales, if we have a good start to the season we might sell a few more....

The part I highlighted.

On 17/05/2019 at 16:09, RevOwl said:

Anyone hearing anything about the shirt for next season? My guess is it will be a Sheffield Wednesday one....

On 17/05/2019 at 16:54, robowl4life said:

W.anker! :ghoulguy:

Fully expected to see our new kit.

Please forgive him Reverend, I'm sure it will be something your good at, (forgiving I mean). I'm sure he wouldn't have said something like this if he'd known you were a man of the cloth so to speak, or maybe he would, he may tell us.

the fact that the season ended nearly 2months ago and the kit is on 'offer' at £32 is embarrassing

£15 maximum and get rid of the lot

still making a profit and get fans in the shop ,buying other stock

Dc and the retail team really need a kick up the ar5e cus its pathetic

Edited by WelshOwl74

13 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

That's some research you've done there