New kit

2 hours ago, londonowl said:

Bit narrow minded. I'm not sure it's embarrassing not having it out in June but was embarrassing not having out til season was a few weeks old last year...embarrassing because if every other club in the league can manage it, it just makes us look incompetent.

So you understood the point then. If Welshowl had said he thought it embarrassing that the new kit wasn’t on sale at the beginning of the new season then we’d have all agreed, but he didn’t say that. Bit narrow minded of you.

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Always makes me laugh when people keep posting in threads about subjects they aren't bothered about...... :ghoulguy:

Don't get me wrong, I'll end up getting it if it's blue and white striped.

But not gonna get angrymad when it gets released/announced.

More important stuff to be annoyed about that an item of clothing.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Always makes me laugh when people keep posting in threads about subjects they aren't bothered about...... :ghoulguy:

If lies aren't challenged, they become the truth.

• Like 1

Just now, sw1867 said:

Its not just an item of clothing and I suspect you know that. 

The late release of the kit is poor commercial management. It may not be embarrassing but it’s completely avoidable and doesn’t make sense.

We aren’t late yet but the recent history gives people the right to be concerned that we haven’t learnt from the mistakes made, which for me is the real concern.

It's June ffs

I don't get the issue with the kit. It'll be out before the season starts which, is all that matters. I'd rather the club focus on designing a nice kit, than have them worry about Tony being to wear the new shirt on his summer holiday to Bridlington. 

We haven't produced a bad kit for years. Divisive, absolutely, but all the shirts have been decent. 

8 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Don't get me wrong, I'll end up getting it if it's blue and white striped.

But not gonna get angrymad when it gets released/announced.

More important stuff to be annoyed about that an item of clothing.

True, it is worth pointing out that we should be better at this kind of thing though, the 2017-18 merchandising of kits was acknowledged as a let down by the club and last seasons 'soft launch' was an improvement but not great.

1 minute ago, sw1867 said:

Its not just an item of clothing and I suspect you know that. 

The late release of the kit is poor commercial management. It may not be embarrassing but it’s completely avoidable and doesn’t make sense.

We aren’t late yet but the recent history gives people the right to be concerned that we haven’t learnt from the mistakes made, which for me is the real concern.

Surely if it caused that much of a commercial issue, the kit would be released at the end of the season. People buy the kit regardless. Its a fact, whether you like it or not. 

It's off season, not much happening, no transfers coming in, not a lot else to talk about so everyone gets stuck into the kit. It's boring! 

2 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

I don't get the issue with the kit. It'll be out before the season starts which, is all that matters. I'd rather the club focus on designing a nice kit, than have them worry about Tony being to wear the new shirt on his summer holiday to Bridlington. 

We haven't produced a bad kit for years. Divisive, absolutely, but all the shirts have been decent. 

The away kit based on the 1992-93 design was a shocker with an initial batch rushed through that were not on spec.

2 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

Think of the kids, it’s summer holidays

New kit should be launched on the last week of the season..like it used to be in the old days. 

11 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

If lies aren't challenged, they become the truth.

If you say so. Why are you so concerned about the 'truths' or otherwise of something that doesn't interest you?

Would you say the 'soft launch' last season was the planned and preferred method of releasing the kits for sale?

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

If you say so. Why are you so concerned about the 'truths' or otherwise of something that doesn't interest you?

Would you say the 'soft launch' last season was the planned and preferred method of releasing the kits for sale?

Why are you asking questions I've already answered?  Low attention span?

9 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

True, it is worth pointing out that we should be better at this kind of thing though, the 2017-18 merchandising of kits was acknowledged as a let down by the club and last seasons 'soft launch' was an improvement but not great.

Yes it was in terms of sales. It should always been on sale but the start of the season, but the mist most important thing is the team wearing it which they did.

Who knows about last season. I'm not sure yet whether the soft launch was deliberate in an attempt to sell the £99 shirts or not. Suppose we'll see soon whether thats the method or not.

11 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

Thats exactly why I said it’s not late yet if you’d read my post properly. The last couple of seasons have gone well though so no need for concern.

What makes you concerned for this season? Have you heard something a lot of us haven't?

2 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

Not sure how you claim it as fact.

other clubs who have a proven track record of being more commercially savvy than us bring kits out and the end of the season. Why is this?

We have a recent history of not having the kit released for the start of the season. Do you not thing by using sound reasoning that there MAY be cause for concern?

if it’s boring, go and read another thread. What exactly did you expect to read in a kit thread?

There are far bigger commercial issues than the kit. Like i said, if sales were seriously an issue, it would be rectified. There's numerous people within the thread who have complained but, have ultimately said they'll buy the kit anyway, Like any like minded fan will.  People buy the kit because of what it stands for, not when it's released. 

Isn't the point if an internet forum to put your point across? Do you just scroll past everything you don't like without making comment? I foray into the thread to look at some of the designs our more creative members have made. I do apologise is that doesn't fit your narrative though. 

6 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

Exactly this. 

The ones who are too cool to worry about kits cos they’re not for grown men should consider this and the younger generation coming through or being lost to other clubs.

Do we lose generations of kids to other clubs because of this? Given that we have historically rarely had  new kits out early in the summer we must’ve lost unbelievable numbers of kids to other clubs.

5 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

Not heard anything however the last 2 seasons surely even put a glimmer of doubt in most people’s minds.

Have you heard anything to say it will be released? 

I hope it gets released at owls in the park and I will be one of the first to give credit for an excellent and well thought out sales strategy. I genuinely want this to happen and don’t want my doubts to be proven.

Wasn't last year's released at Owls in the Park?

19 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Why are you asking questions I've already answered?  Low attention span?

Just want to clarify things as everything you read on the internet isn't true.

You stated the club have only been late with the launch once, so was last seasons 'soft launch' intentional?

17 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Yes it was in terms of sales. It should always been on sale but the start of the season, but the mist most important thing is the team wearing it which they did.

Who knows about last season. I'm not sure yet whether the soft launch was deliberate in an attempt to sell the £99 shirts or not. Suppose we'll see soon whether thats the method or not.

I would have thought if that was the case then more clubs would do it, unless of course we are groundbreaking and ahead of the game in that respect! :Chansiri: