Have we sold our ground

7 hours ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Actually Room,if you only stay in the prem for 2 seasons ya don't get three seasons worth of parachute payments.

Please let's be polite to each other, huh? His name isn't Room, FFS, it's Arfur. Arfur Bond, 003.5 lol 

Not sure If this point has been made, but perhaps the reason for the delay is that we've made the EFL.aware of our intentions at the end of last year but something stopped us submitting the accounts then (the early version to the EFL for P&S analysis). This would tie in with getting rid of Jos and being able to assure Bruce we weren't going to be penniless.

That would raise the question why have we still not announced/submitted anything when Derby have bitten the bullet. My guess is there's a sticking point on the valuation. Perhaps Chansiri is trying to lump in £50m and the powers that be at the EFL are saying that's unrealistic?

Might be there's a stand off at the moment until there's an agreement reached on the figure we can enter into the accounts.

12 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Not sure If this point has been made, but perhaps the reason for the delay is that we've made the EFL.aware of our intentions at the end of last year but something stopped us submitting the accounts then (the early version to the EFL for P&S analysis). This would tie in with getting rid of Jos and being able to assure Bruce we weren't going to be penniless.

That would raise the question why have we still not announced/submitted anything when Derby have bitten the bullet. My guess is there's a sticking point on the valuation. Perhaps Chansiri is trying to lump in £50m and the powers that be at the EFL are saying that's unrealistic?

Might be there's a stand off at the moment until there's an agreement reached on the figure we can enter into the accounts.

Think that's what is going on here. Chansiri will want to squeeze every penny in but clearly if found in breach over the valuation we end up in trouble and the whole exercise is pointless still.

Thank gawd Mr C has deep pockets to continue the money pit. Selling ground a huge gamble but if we get promoted and remain stable for a couple of seasons in Prem we prob can afford to buy it back and improve it. 

If we don't get promoted in next 2 seasons we will be proper up sht creek Bolton style

6 hours ago, OwlinOldham said:

Quick rundown for you....

31 pages of most people saying this might give us a chance to compete again under bruce. 

Few posters saying it doesnt sit well with them, but they hope it works out.

Finally....Some posters literally having a meltdown about the subject, with them having you believe we are now Coventry City mk2 and more screwwed than a brass doing a buy none get one free sale.

Ohh and we havent sold the ground.....yet. that about covers it. Whetever you do, dont ask about peoples sources or links to thier info, just saying. :ph34r:

Cheers.

Far more sensible and comprehensive than I had any right to expect!

2 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Probably not a million miles away to be fair. How long does it take to buy/sell a stadium, anyone know?

If it’s owt like residential sales the flippin Solicitor will have been on holiday 3 times, lost the documents twice and made several typos.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

I really don’t have a problem with this.

If we have sold the ground it’ll be to another company owned by DC so we will still be in EXACTLY the same position 2 hours after the sale as we were 2 hours before, the only difference being that we won’t be looking at a points deduction and transfer embargo.

May as well do it now before the loop hole is closed.

That is fine in principle so long as the titles to the property remain within the assets register of a UK based entity. If Chansiri registered a subsidiary of SWFC Limited for the purposes of maintaining ownership, I cannot see there would be too much of problem.

This risk becomes substantially higher when ownership is transferred to overseas entities and especially those in the far east. Capital or assets transferred overseas can often be easy to get out there but hellish to retrieve when it is necessary to do so. When placed on the asset register of a foreign company, they are subject to corporate law as enacted in that country.

I am not so much concerned with Chansiri doing this (he has backed himself into a corner where it is probably the only viable option open to him). I am more concerned about the mechanisms he will use to carry out the sale and the safeguards that are in place to retrieve ownership if it becomes necessary.

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Assuming we are selling the ground I think it boils down to do you trust Chansiri or not to know what he is doing.

My answer is no.

In reality it doesn't though. Chansiri has 100% ownership of the club so he alone makes the decision. We are limited to having concerns about what it may lead to. The future of Sheffield Wednesday is not next season or the foreseeable future. Chansiri will not be around forever. There is obvious risk involved even if there are plenty of supporters that will happily dive in head first because it deals with a short term cash flow issue. It looks like an inevitability now so I just hope that there are solid safeguards in place to secure the future.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Assuming we are selling the ground I think it boils down to do you trust Chansiri or not to know what he is doing.

My answer is no.

He didnt know what he was doing to get us in this situation

33 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

P&S 

Pìss and shït more like.

It's ridiculous that a possible end result of the EFL's rules, designed to ensure clubs' long-term financial stability, is that ambitious clubs are looking to flog their stadiums in order to compete on a more even footing with those bankrolled by parachute payments.

The whole system needs scrapping and rewriting, as it's not currently fit for purpose.

Do we also want to be funded by Bin Laden's family?

To see what can happen when you seperate ground from club, see McCabe v Prince Abdullah in High Court now.

Only on Planet Wednesday can one back an owner who charges us £49 a seat to fund Abdi, Urby and Doyen.

Now paying the price for ego, a (voting ) share offer would raise dosh while giving us a chance guard our great club for future generations.

• Haha 1

Guest mkowl
40 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

In reality it doesn't though. Chansiri has 100% ownership of the club so he alone makes the decision. We are limited to having concerns about what it may lead to. The future of Sheffield Wednesday is not next season or the foreseeable future. Chansiri will not be around forever. There is obvious risk involved even if there are plenty of supporters that will happily dive in head first because it deals with a short term cash flow issue. It looks like an inevitability now so I just hope that there are solid safeguards in place to secure the future.

Top post 

Exactly my sentiment.