Have we sold our ground

So just to be clear, the guy who owns the club and who has already given us more money than any other owner, sells the ground to another business he owns so we avoid ffp. This then means he can continue to give funds to the best manager we could have got and keep his promises. 

And some on here are still not happy !

It's not jumpers for goalposts anymore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I think thats the general idea behind it but what happens if we dont get promoted?

We have a long lease on the ground that costs a third of what we pay now for upkeep

12 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

So just to be clear, the guy who owns the club and who has already given us more money than any other owner, sells the ground to another business he owns so we avoid ffp. This then means he can continue to give funds to the best manager we could have got and keep his promises. 

DC has spent the last 3 years throwing money at it hoping we some how get promoted, in 4 years of ownership he has waste £80m + on transfers and wages and we are no nearer to promotion.

is he going to listen to people that know what they are doing such as Bruce bring in an experience director of football, not the most hated women in football from Charlton but someone who knows what they are doing this time.  Or keep using the crap advisor who brought us players like Abdi, Jones, Urby and Rhodes.

Why in all the time he has been here has there been no real investment in youth. This is allowable for FFP but instead we continue with ex players coaching the kids. We have one great coach of the under 18 and we won the under 18's league will these players develop into the first team in the 18 months or disappear like Hirst, Clare. There is no long term plan from DC. He just stumbles from season to season hoping for promotion to sort all of our problems.

Even if he finds a loophole to sell the stadium to get £30m into the club that buys us another season of his mismanagement of our once great family club. Then what.... We will find out this time next season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

1589905591_RonManager2.jpg.8a67a3b7c3eeff0475a861e816a71c33.jpg

• Haha 1

Guest Ash76

In this thread Chansiri has been called stupid for not selling players and now an asset stripper.

Someone help me out, which is it?

18 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

In this thread Chansiri has been called stupid for not selling players and now an asset stripper.

Someone help me out, which is it?

He's a guy that has ended up having to sell assets because of a financial crisis caused by not selling players. :Chansiri:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Ash76
13 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

He's a guy that has ended up having to sell assets because of a financial crisis caused by not selling players. :Chansiri:

Easy running a football club, you should give it a go I think you’d be great 

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

DC has spent the last 3 years throwing money at it hoping we some how get promoted, in 4 years of ownership he has waste £80m + on transfers and wages and we are no nearer to promotion.

is he going to listen to people that know what they are doing such as Bruce bring in an experience director of football, not the most hated women in football from Charlton but someone who knows what they are doing this time.  Or keep using the crap advisor who brought us players like Abdi, Jones, Urby and Rhodes.

Why in all the time he has been here has there been no real investment in youth. This is allowable for FFP but instead we continue with ex players coaching the kids. We have one great coach of the under 18 and we won the under 18's league will these players develop into the first team in the 18 months or disappear like Hirst, Clare. There is no long term plan from DC. He just stumbles from season to season hoping for promotion to sort all of our problems.

Even if he finds a loophole to sell the stadium to get £30m into the club that buys us another season of his mismanagement of our once great family club. Then what.... We will find out this time next season.

Back to the old mismanagement thing are we...best finishes in recent history. Yes naivety but not mismanagement, think he did his best and was badly advised. Sure he has learned which is why we go again. Trust in DC and The Bruce.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ash76 said:

It was DC himself that said a financial crisis would be the outcome of not getting promoted (OK, the wording was more akin to big trouble but the meaning is very similar). He is now purportedly selling the stadium to overcome that. Tell me what I have said that is inaccurate?

Guest Ash76
1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

It was DC himself that said a financial crisis would be the outcome of not getting promoted (OK, the wording was more akin to big trouble but the meaning is very similar). He is now purportedly selling the stadium to overcome that. Tell me what I have said that is inaccurate?

I’ve not said you was wrong about anything, I inferred you were being overly critical.

2 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Why are you judging Chansiri by "everyman" standards?

If the head of Barclays had been as bad with money as DC has, it wouldn't be a dismissed as a "well it must be hard managing a multinational bank, it could have happened to anyone". It would be a "why on earth is someone more competent/qualified not in charge?". DC has taken it upon himself to run a football club, he therefore has to have the ability to do so well, and if not employ people that are capable of doing so under his limited interference.

As it stands, we've spent outrageous amounts of money on Rhodes, Jones, Abdi, among others (and many more up for debate) who have contributed very little... so much so that it necessitates selling one of the most historic grounds in English football. And it's took us from (when he took over)a lower mid-table Championship side who only need a few signings to make a top 6 push, to a mid-table Championship side who only need a few signings to make a top 6 push... while in the process existing prices by about 40%. 

But sure, I suppose it could happen to anyone.

1 minute ago, Ash76 said:

I’ve not said you was wrong about anything, I inferred you were being overly critical.

I believe that the financial issues have arisen through a less than satisfactory transfer policy. That is my view. I believe that we have not sold when it has been right or necessary to do so and I believe that our approach to signing players has been scatter gun at best. With the advantage of having detailed accounts to work from and the impending financial problems, to sign Jordan Rhodes at that time was an appalling decision (not based on footballing reasons, merely due to the financial implications).