Have we sold our ground

13 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Why are you judging Chansiri by "everyman" standards?

If the head of Barclays had been as bad with money as DC has, it wouldn't be a dismissed as a "well it must be hard managing a multinational bank, it could have happened to anyone". It would be a "why on earth is someone more competent/qualified not in charge?". DC has taken it upon himself to run a football club, he therefore has to have the ability to do so well, and if not employ people that are capable of doing so under his limited interference.

As it stands, we've spent outrageous amounts of money on Rhodes, Jones, Abdi, among others (and many more up for debate) who have contributed very little... so much so that it necessitates selling one of the most historic grounds in English football. And it's took us from (when he took over)a lower mid-table Championship side who only need a few signings to make a top 6 push, to a mid-table Championship side who only need a few signings to make a top 6 push... while in the process existing prices by about 40%. 

But sure, I suppose it could happen to anyone.

Least he had ago, no one else has had the bottle to do it.  It was dam fun whilst it lasted.  

Everyone's a critic 

The forward view as I have clearly stated in several posts through the thread is I fully accept that selling the stadium is now the only viable option available and I don't have a problem with it so long as it is done with a robust risk mitigation strategy to support it that secures the club's future and availability of the ground and facilities. I hope that Bruce pursues a sensible transfer strategy and we get back on course utilising loan signings and low cost alternatives.

2 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Least he had ago, no one else has had the bottle to do it.  It was dam fun whilst it lasted.  

Everyone's a critic 

Thats like me sayin' I put the house on Watford to win today mate....doesn't make it a sensible thing to do.

Its worrying that we have to sell the ground to compete...

I would sooner do it slowly....we gambled and lost, we should have built carefully again..Its another rash move in my opinion.........

Just now, asteener1867 said:

Thats like me sayin' I put the house on Watford to win today mate....doesn't make it a sensible thing to do.

Its worrying that we have to sell the ground to compete...

I would sooner do it slowly....we gambled and lost, we should have built carefully again..Its another rash move in my opinion.........

Sod that we've been building for getting on twenty years.  I want some action and watch big games.   

Loads of clubs have creative ways of staying afloat.  Blame FFP if you need to lay the blame.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

Sod that we've been building for getting on twenty years.  I want some action and watch big games.   

Loads of clubs have creative ways of staying afloat.  Blame FFP if you need to lay the blame.

We have been getting it wrong for 20 years mycroft mate......

Ohh but lets have another swing...its bound to work this time eh?

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

We have been getting it wrong for 20 years mycroft mate......

Ohh but lets have another swing...its bound to work this time eh?

You never know, its better than treading water.

I for one will look forward to reading one of your epic poems should we give it another go.

32 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I believe that the financial issues have arisen through a less than satisfactory transfer policy. That is my view. I believe that we have not sold when it has been right or necessary to do so and I believe that our approach to signing players has been scatter gun at best. With the advantage of having detailed accounts to work from and the impending financial problems, to sign Jordan Rhodes at that time was an appalling decision (not based on footballing reasons, merely due to the financial implications).

I think the above would carry a lot more gravitas if converted into Chinese text.. 

We had no say in this since DC took over..Now we don't even own our ground....Its a f.ookin' minefield in my opinion....

IT works...thats fine..all hail Delphjon...no doubt I'll join in...happily

If it doesn't, we are subject to the whim of DC, who doesn't take criticism well..Thats the bed we lie on....The sword of Damocles slowly swaying above our heads, and the odd wrong word could cut the thread that holds it...

are you all sitting comfortably?..honestly?

Edited by asteener1867

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

We had no say in this since DC took over..Now we don't even own our ground....Its a f.ookin' minefield in my opinion....

IT works...thats fine..all hail Delphjon...no doubt I'll join in...happily

If it doesn't, we are subject to the whim of DC, who doesn't take criticism well..Thats the bed we lie on....The sword of Damocles slowly swaying above our heads, and the odd wrong word could cut the thread that hols it...

are you all sitting comfortably?..honestly?

Well, if it does turn out cakeballish, he will claim he did it for the supporters. :Chansiri:

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Fair enough....and when we say 

"Thanks can we have our ground back".....................??

He will run another Club1867 project this time selling brass plaques on the back of seats that no longer exist. :Chansiri:

• Haha 1