Have we sold our ground

2 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

13 of the Premier League teams have sold their grounds? Really?

If that is the case then I'm obviously mistaken. Maybe some sort of confirmation bias in that you only know about the ones that go wrong.

https://www.propertyweek.com/news-analysis/who-owns-premier-league-stadiums/5090883.article

Arsenal, Bournemouth, Brighton, Burnley, Chelsea, Hudders, Leicester, Liverpool, Man City, Newcastle, Southampton, Swansea, Spurs and West Ham all don't own their stadia

4 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

I know the storybehind the Ricoh.  point being they sold highfield road you numpty which led to renting from a third party who then fizzed them over.  

We could end up in the same position if DC decides to sell the now separate ground to a third party......

just st one source this time for you titbeak 

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-citys-disastrous-mistake-sale-11993349

btw if that article doesn’t worry the fans trying to tell me I’m being stupid I’m not sure what will......

If you read the article instead of just screaming in blind panic at the headlines, it says that "Looking back, I think we should have got to the point where we had the money before we sold Highfield Road." 

So what they are saying is that it was a good idea, just poorly executed. 

5 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

I know the storybehind the Ricoh.  point being they sold highfield road you numpty which led to renting from a third party who then fizzed them over.  

We could end up in the same position if DC decides to sell the now separate ground to a third party......

just st one source this time for you titbeak 

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-citys-disastrous-mistake-sale-11993349

btw if that article doesn’t worry the fans trying to tell me I’m being stupid I’m not sure what will......

He could have sold it straight to a third party anyway so selling it to himself hasn’t altered anything in that respect. 

50 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

This company was restored to the register due to an insurance claim by a former employee or something like that, it is not the company that currently operates the football club. 

It dates back to the removal of asbestos in the  60s if it 's the one i read about a few years ago.

1 hour ago, Bulgaria said:

Obviously not, but I would hazard a guess that every single owner of a premiership club is in it for the dosh

I seriously doubt it. Most Premiership clubs lose money. Some may make a profit in one year but not many make money over say a 5 year period.

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

Ok........ and then the lot would have gone, fans protests efl involved.  

He does this now passes it off as needing to adhere to adhere to ffp, then later if he does decide to do it it doesn’t matter what the fizz we do or think or the efl or fa. Because it is t part of the club......

deary me our fans just sleep walk i to trouble every time....

I seem to remember a club not too far up the road selling the ground to a third party, the efl did fizz all

Ok let me simplify this to ram home my point.  

Lets  say hypothetically speaking Chansiri wants to sell the ground now to get around FFP for Arguments sake £40 mill. But it’s too someon elike Bates or McCabe, what would you say or do?

I wouldn’t be happy with that but what could I do about it? Stand outside the main entrance hurling abuse, would that stop him?  Is there anyway to stop him legally?

1 minute ago, kirksandallowl said:

I wouldn’t be happy with that but what could I do about it? Stand outside the main entrance hurling abuse, would that stop him?  Is there anyway to stop him legally?

Throw shoes at them all that'll sort it :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, prowl said:

Any sensible purchaser would want to buy the ground at the same time they buy the club or at least a cast iron lease on set terms for many years.

Of course - but that's the point; it complicates the deal for them and is likely to make it much less attractive.

As a club, our fans and staff, and the efl and fa could still get involved and make it very very hard, other fans would probably get behind it too, it makes it very hard for him to do that.

if and it’s a big if, this happens, it matters not one jot what anyone says or does, the pressure is irrelevant. 

Like ke I said earlier I’m hopin g if this happens it’s written in we must buy it back. I doubt it will be though  just hope I’m wrong. 

The fans & staff probably would and still could if he decided to sell it on again after selling it to himself but ultimately it wouldn’t stop him if he’d made up his mind. As I said above the efl & fa would do fizz all, there is no president to suggest they get involved in this type of dispute. Just look at the nothing statements they’ve made on the Bolton debacle. 

I doubt he he would insert a clause that says the football club are the only ones who can buy it back it is too restrictive, but he may be willing to have a clause giving the club 1st refusal. 

12 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Ok let me simplify this to ram home my point.  

Lets  say hypothetically speaking Chansiri wants to sell the ground now to get around FFP for Arguments sake £40 mill. But it’s too someon elike Bates or McCabe, what would you say or do?

Seeing as we would have a rent already agreed, they would be forced to honour it until the previous lease agreement ended. If that is a 99 year lease for example, then they can't do a thing other than increase the rent by a 'reasonable amount' every few years. There are laws in place to stop someone selling a property and then extortionately increasing the rent to force out a business. 

Unless the company breaches the contract by doing something like not paying the rent (a la Coventry) of course.

9 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

As a club, our fans and staff, and the efl and fa could still get involved and make it very very hard, other fans would probably get behind it too, it makes it very hard for him to do that.

if and it’s a big if, this happens, it matters not one jot what anyone says or does, the pressure is irrelevant. 

Like ke I said earlier I’m hopin g if this happens it’s written in we must buy it back. I doubt it will be though  just hope I’m wrong. 

He’s probably sold it to himself under a different name.

I wouldn’t worry about it yet. We don’t know the full details. 

Just now, 2roland2 said:

And you think he’s going to organise a lease agreement like that? And leave it closed to potential future buyers? 

Your a a lot more trusting of a man you don’t know much about than I am 

You clearly have zero idea as to how a lease agreement works. There must be a written agreement in place for *any* lease or rental, even if it is being 'given away'. That's what a peppercorn rent is, a nominal fee (usually £1) that makes it legally binding. To have no lease agreement in place would not only be monumentally ridiculous, it would also be illegal.

So. Want any more holes poking in your delusional ramblings?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Ofc there will be a lease in place you empty head but not a 99 year one, I guarantee it will be very short and not hamstringing his future options to sell it on be it back to us or a third party..........

you really are a bit simple 

Ok, if you insist I poke more holes...

What do you base your "guarantee" on? Because I base my assumption of a 99 year lease on the agreement West Ham have with the London Stadium. Which is 99 years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36043808

1 hour ago, elvin parsnip said:

I’ve also heard from a very reliable source he has sold the ground to Steve Bruce who is going turn the pitch into a massive cabbage patch in the close season- we will all get a cabbage put on our seats when we play Villa (providing they don’t go up ) to hurl at their fans/ players - if Villa do go up he’s just going to keep the cabbages or sell them to Sainsbury’s up the road

He does look a little like a Cabbage Patch Doll