Joost Van Aken - Forgotten man

Tried to pull some positives from his early displays, but he got injured, then overlooked. 

Bruce will have had a look at him and not featured, which suggests we may try to recoup something for him, if possible. Might take a loan spell to regain some form and value though. 

17 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Just me then that doesn't think he's even that bad?

Seemed to be slowly settling in until we got lost to United, his confidence was completely shot after that.

I would agree with this. Him and Jack Hunt got slaughtered after that game. 

19 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

Cardiff away, a week before we played the blunts in Sept 2017, JVA was outstanding.

There is definitely a player there, just needs SB to give him his self belief back.

As I said, I think he is better than what we’ve seen. However, if Bruce had planned to work with him, we wouldn’t be chasing the German guy. Unless of course, it’s another one of those brought in above his head

Was it JVA who got slotted in the Sunderland league cup tie? 

Pretty sure that was this season but not sure who the player was.

as mentioned above i trust Bruce to make the right call on JVA and hopefully if the lad gets the chance he grabs it with both hands.  

He was woeful in the game v Sheffield United, thought at the time it would take a lot for him to come back from that.
Should never give up on a player you are still paying but predict he will never be a regular at Wednesday.
Him along with another 6 poor signings around that time have been a weight around the clubs neck ever since and probably will be for a least another year yet.

Edited by matthefish2002

I keep thinking there might be a player in there despite what my eyes have told me.

All the attributes but poor decision making. Took a heavy whack against Sunderland and I don't think we've seen him since?

12 minutes ago, ReginaldD said:

They probably came to the 4m conclusion after reading it on here

Probably seeing as Owlstalk is where they get most of their stories from.

Guest oz_owl
41 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

As I said, I think he is better than what we’ve seen. However, if Bruce had planned to work with him, we wouldn’t be chasing the German guy. Unless of course, it’s another one of those brought in above his head

Who have we signed that Bruce didn't want?

Guest oz_owl
Just now, gurujuan said:

Nobody yet

So how could it be another one brought in over his head then?  lol

What can’t be ‘forgotten’ is that poor poor tackle he tried in the derby when we lost 4-2 at Hillsborough. Who in their right ‘Charlie Hughes coaching manual’ mind tackles with their left foot when a player is going past you on your right? Total numpty and belongs in the same German 2nd Division side as Julian Boner IMHO.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

He’s probably better than what we’ve seen so far, but I would imagine the German guy will be his replacement. The only other scenario would be Thorniley leaving, and I can’t see that happening

The German guy may be Hutch's replacement as apparently he can play in midfield as well.

16 minutes ago, sternlad said:

What can’t be ‘forgotten’ is that poor poor tackle he tried in the derby when we lost 4-2 at Hillsborough. Who in their right ‘Charlie Hughes coaching manual’ mind tackles with their left foot when a player is going past you on your right? Total numpty and belongs in the same German 2nd Division side as Julian Boner IMHO.

Have you seen Borner play?