Joost Van Aken - Forgotten man

Nah...can't see it. 

Tbf, Bruce has managed to get a tune out of a few players who are not exactly high on people's list of favs.

Van Aken can play a bit, but defensively he looked all over the shop and was lacking physically too. 

The beginning of the end was that game against United. 

He’s not awful, he’s just average , can pass a ball but nowhere near physical enough for me to be successful in the championship 

Bruce will favour Thorniley 

I'm not one for dissing players normally. I tend to look at them based on their best form and accept they can under perform for spells. 

But van aken! Nowt against the lad but he's just not a championship defender is he. 

As bad as Claude dielna.  Prob our worst  two defenders since promotion.. 

Should be given a chance under Bruce, some of the rubbish that gets written about him is laughable. Have a feeling that a lot of it is to do with what happened in the derby. Unfair to pin that on him, other much more experienced players were more at fault on that day. The tackle up at Sunderland that basically ended his season was nasty. Felt for him as he needs game time.

He's our centre half,

He's our number 4 ...

To the Virgil Van Dijk Pogues song.

Next season. I can see it!

Okay maybe not.

17 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Should be given a chance under Bruce, some of the rubbish that gets written about him is laughable. Have a feeling that a lot of it is to do with what happened in the derby. Unfair to pin that on him, other much more experienced players were more at fault on that day. The tackle up at Sunderland that basically ended his season was nasty. Felt for him as he needs game time.

The game before the derby was at Cardiff,think Hooper scored from a peach of a cross off Reach,JVA was absolute pants,Lees covered his ass at least a dozen times in that game and was knackered by the end,was it bamba that scored deep into injury time,wed deserved all three points but JVA was a passenger the entire game,Loovens must have been injured,we were all sat in the corner cursing JVA and dreading the following weeks game.

Hes carp lets be reyt,you could one flick a subbuteo player and win more tackles than JVA does,anyone who thinks the magic mr bruce is gunna make him better needs to smoke summat stronger,theres magic and theres MIRACLES!!

3 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

The game before the derby was at Cardiff,think Hooper scored from a peach of a cross off Reach,JVA was absolute pants,Lees covered his ass at least a dozen times in that game and was knackered by the end,was it bamba that scored deep into injury time,wed deserved all three points but JVA was a passenger the entire game,Loovens must have been injured,we were all sat in the corner cursing JVA and dreading the following weeks game.

Hes carp lets be reyt,you could one flick a subbuteo player and win more tackles than JVA does,anyone who thinks the magic mr bruce is gunna make him better needs to smoke summat stronger,theres magic and theres MIRACLES!!

Indeed he did, tell me, who put the absolute peach of a ball through for Reach to cross it in? I'll give you three guesses his initials are JVA.

8 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Indeed he did, tell me, who put the absolute peach of a ball through for Reach to cross it in? I'll give you three guesses his initials are JVA.

Thats true,but the rest of the game he has Tom Lees wiping his ass because hes a supposed CB,then he gets turned inside out a week later by a 32 yr old has been,not once but FOUR times in his own PENALTY area,hes no defender,would Hector have got done like that? Course he wouldnt hed have shepherded him sideways.

If hed done his job Sol bamba doesnt score

Edited by legendaryswan

7 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Thats true,but the rest of the game he has Tom Lees wiping his ass because hes a supposed CB,then he gets turned inside out a week later by a 32 yr old has been,not once but FOUR times in his own PENALTY area,hes no defender,would Hector have got done like that? Course he wouldnt hed have shepherded him sideways.

If hed done his job Sol bamba doesnt score

It's very harsh to judge him on that period though, we were a team on the way down. Carlos was on his way out, the defence was changing quite a lot around him. None of that is going to give you a fair representation of him. We've invested in him so we might as well let him work under Bruce, if he doesn't see anything in him he'll be moved on but he literally hasn't seen him play football as it stands.

1 minute ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

It's very harsh to judge him on that period though, we were a team on the way down. Carlos was on his way out, the defence was changing quite a lot around him. None of that is going to give you a fair representation of him. We've invested in him so we might as well let him work under Bruce, if he doesn't see anything in him he'll be moved on but he literally hasn't seen him play football as it stands.

Bruce will have watched videos,hel know his strengths hes not a mug if giving him a chance costs us the 3 points that we miss the play offs by its not a risk worth taking,he was crap at wigan he looks like bernard manning trying to ice skate,he doesnt even look like a footballer at times,he can pick a 40 yard pass,he cant stop a pensioner dribbling past him,hes got american football written allover him,I wouldnt put him in the under 18s because I know weve got better than him in there already developing,why ruin them.

Let go Tom,the force isnt strong enough,even Yodas laughing his big twits off

All evidence so far suggests he is severely lacking in positional sense, both in terms of reading the game and also simple decision making like which foot it would be best to use. There’s no way that we paid £4m for him but regardless he’s the worst signing we made. At least with Abdi he we bought a footballer proven to be one of the very best in the division. It didn’t work out obviously but his quality was undoubtable. With JVA we seem to have wasted scarce resources on someone who just isn’t anywhere near good enough at a time when we desperately needed a decent centre back. Hope to be proved wrong in time, or to just get a fraction of his transfer fee back this summer.

Guest Bulgaria
49 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

thought he looked better up at Sunderland.

He would.

Starting in their line up.

19 hours ago, wiseoldowl said:

Make him a defensive midfielder he has a good passing ability 

Yes that's how i see we could use him

but actually not sure what's happening with JVA  is he injured still ?