So we know who the first 6 are

and the 4 loan players, with Hector hopefully coming back

So who are we going to sell

Winnall    £2.5m

FF          £8m

Fox (hopefully) 5p

Joao       £8m

any one else

Nuhui,Reach, keep FF cos i don't think anybody would pay 8 mill,sacrifice Reach to hopefully give SB some funds,and loanees as Derby have done

12 hours ago, Morepork said:

Hard to put a value on Joao and Fernando. This issue they both have is consistency. I think they are the kinds of players other teams may take an interest in but not at those valuations unfortunately.

I know one thing. For us to really compete in this league they do not perform at their highest level often enough to play for us.

Agree re joao. Play FF in the right position consistently and I think he’s a quality player at championship level. Fitness is the question mark for me.

I would have thought that at the moment every one of our players has his price. And other clubs know that we are looking to offload so we are hardly negotiating from a position of strength.

So being realistic.....

Winnall.....hardly kicked a ball for a year so who's going to buy him....£750k

FF....injuries, attitude, high wages, too risky?....£2 million tops

Joao....unfulfilled promise....£750k

Rhodes....gone backwards, high wages....£2 million

The real bankable assets we have are Bannan and Reach but again wages could be a problem. And I don't really see anyone apart from the likes of Huddersfield (replace Mooy) and Cardiff coming in. I reckon we'd be lucky to get £3.5 million for either. 

Edited by fredmciverslovechild
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Thats my feeling. I'd keep the new Palmer, Nuhiu as an alternative sub, take a chance on Winnall.  Thorniley and penney as back up.  Try and get Hector and lazaar back if the price is right. Rhodes will be back and Reach can stay unless we can get 5 million for him. That's 14 players. Then we need 6 young fit players, 2 midfielder, one fast striker, 2 wingers and a utility defender. Add Dawson and the squad is 21.  Make them superfit and we've got a promotion team. I make that squad better that Uniteds.

But who is going to score our goals?

14 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

It's 2019 not 2009, Gary Madine went for 6M quid ffs, Flint that big lump at Bristol City went to Boro for nearly 10M.

If Joao would get his head on straight he could be worth 12m. He’s got all the tools. 

We we are still waiting though.

4 hours ago, fredmciverslovechild said:

I would have thought that at the moment every one of our players has his price. And other clubs know that we are looking to offload so we are hardly negotiating from a position of strength.

So being realistic.....

Winnall.....hardly kicked a ball for a year so who's going to buy him....£750k

FF....injuries, attitude, high wages, too risky?....£2 million tops

Joao....unfulfilled promise....£750k

Rhodes....gone backwards, high wages....£2 million

The real bankable assets we have are Bannan and Reach but again wages could be a problem. And I don't really see anyone apart from the likes of Huddersfield (replace Mooy) and Cardiff coming in. I reckon we'd be lucky to get £3.5 million for either. 

The selling club (us) has the position of strength,pay what we want or near as dam it or don't bother,And why would you sell 3 players for less than we supposedly paid...................madness.

7 hours ago, DELUDED OWL said:

The selling club (us) has the position of strength,pay what we want or near as dam it or don't bother,And why would you sell 3 players for less than we supposedly paid...................madness.

The selling club has the position of strength.....except when you are wanting to sell, which we are, and when everyone knows you're near the knuckle with FFP.

You then have to take a view. Do you continue to pay out the £30k plus a week in wages for a player or do you get some funds and save on the weekly wage bill? 

The summer window is a buyer's market; there are tons of free transfers and clubs looking to sort out season-long loans for their younger players. No one is interested in the in-contract players we have with their current wages (which the buying club would have to meet) unless we are prepared to seriously lower our own expectations.

Just now, fredmciverslovechild said:

The selling club has the position of strength.....except when you are wanting to sell, which we are, and when everyone knows you're near the knuckle with FFP.

You then have to take a view. Do you continue to pay out the £30k plus a week in wages for a player or do you get some funds and save on the weekly wage bill? 

The summer window is a buyer's market; there are tons of free transfers and clubs looking to sort out season-long loans for their younger players. No one is interested in the in-contract players we have with their current wages (which the buying club would have to meet) unless we are prepared to seriously lower our own expectations.

Are we wanting to sell ?,if we are,then the buying club will have to stump up,we aren't having our pants pulled down with Chansiri at the helm.

How do you know "No one" is interested in our in contract players ?

And who from Van Aken,Winnall,Joao (if indeed it is those we are willing to sell) are being paid laughable figures of £30,000 a week ?

7 hours ago, DELUDED OWL said:

How are we in a position of strength?

Blame Jos and Carlos if you want but the main reason we’ve finished 15th and 12th in the championship the last two years is the players aren’t good enough

• Thanks 1