22 hours ago, ozzieowl said:

Realistic figures in today’s market. 

Reach 6m

Fessi 4m

Fox 400k

Nuhiu 1.2m

Winnall 1.2m

Joao 2.7m

but we never get full value when we sell. 

Pigs in the other hand cash in big time. 

Compared to £6m for Gary Madine...  :tango:

2 hours ago, Doctor Duran said:

I think its time to cash in,  like you say on his day brilliant, but that day is few and far between.

We need to change the squad - I also think we may be seeing a big sale possibly Reach going,  who will be ambitious no doubt and maybe a prem club want him.

(Wolves / Palace / Toon / Norwich) his goals will not have gone un-noticed over this season.

Need to offload Adthe - thanks mate been interesting and an enigma but time is up.  If we can offload JVA / Fox / Pelp /Winnall then this would be a good help, which to be fair we should be able to do they are not bad players but just not fitted right.

In my opinion Rhodes will play a big part next season, if he can get upto speed in pre-season.

If anyone can get something from Rhodes it is Bruce who seems to have the ability to manage his players better than most. I think he also gets the ball forward quicker and into the box more. With Rhodes it has been partly down to style and partly down to a lack of belief.

Bruce has hinted Nuhiu is in his plans 

I would catergorise our players into these areas.

Try and keep (unless stupid bid comes in)

Westwood (presuming he stays)

Palmer

Iorfa

Lees

Penney

Thorniley

Hector (of course need to get him back first)

Bannan

Hutch

Reach

Lee (presuming he stays)

Fletcher

Nuhiu (As much as i don't think he is a starter, we need squad players and i don't think we will get anything on a sale)

Fessi

Sell for market rate

Joao

Fox

Rhodes

Winnall

Pelupessy

Loan (with recalls in for injury)

Baker

Dawson or Wildsmith

Nielsen

Hunt

Kirby

Preston

needed signings

CB (Hector and maybe a young prospect)

LB (If we sell Fox, if we can't shift Fox he will have to back up)

CM (May need 2 if sell pelupessy, but at least 1 needed as our midfielders get injured frequently)

Winger (Again may need 2 here even if sell no one, if fessi can play wide left then might be ok with 1)

FW (Pace, pace and pace, need someone to threaten over the top and a finisher, Fletch and Nuhiu cover physicality, now need young finisher)

I accept we may need to sell a big name to fund a rebuild, if so i am fine with anyone being sold, just get the right price and don't sell for cheap like we have before.

On 05/05/2019 at 20:18, Shetland Owl said:

So we know who the first 6 are

and the 4 loan players, with Hector hopefully coming back

So who are we going to sell

Winnall    £2.5m

FF          £8m

Fox (hopefully) 5p

Joao       £8m

any one else

How much do you think we are going to have to pay for Hector then?

On 05/05/2019 at 20:55, Not Jon Newsome said:

You are well out of sync with the transfer market in 2019, if we sold Joao or Forestieri for less than 7m I'll go crazy.

On 05/05/2019 at 23:58, TINKERBELL said:

Nuihu next out of door please.

For eight million according to the experts around here I expect.

7 hours ago, scilly owl said:

I don’t go with this “ Fessi” out opinion.

Yes I know that he’s missed a few penalties, refused to get on the bus and can be a mardy tuss, but I reckon that Bruce will get the best out of him next season . On his day he’s a match winner.... he just needs to have a few more of those days.

Thing is, he's owrht fizz all now. If Bruce were to get him firing... He'd still be a cheeky monkey but managed the right way he could be a very effective cheeky monkey.

24 minutes ago, George said:

For eight million according to the experts around here I expect.

Thing is, he's owrht fizz all now. If Bruce were to get him firing... He'd still be a cheeky monkey but managed the right way he could be a very effective cheeky monkey.

If FFP is as much of an issue as we are being led to believe, I'd be surprised if Hector returns on a permanent basis. After a successful spell with us, winning player of the season, good age, it wouldn't surprise me if one of the teams with more to spend chick between 3 and 5 million Chelsea's way.

6 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

And £20m for Adama  Traore!

Traore is still young. Plus he’s rapid and has plenty of potential. And he was signed by a premier league club which pushes the price up. None of our players fall into those categories

59 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Compared to £6m for Gary Madine...  :tango:

The £6m for Madine needs to stop being used as a barometer for player values. That was a really bad signing from Warnock and only he knows why Cardiff paid that much for him. The only excuse you can give Warnock was that it was January and Madine was in form when they signed him.

FFP has kicked in for a lot of clubs since then aswell so the transfer values of championship players has probably come down a bit

33 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Traore is still young. Plus he’s rapid and has plenty of potential. And he was signed by a premier league club which pushes the price up. None of our players fall into those categories

He was signed from a championship club for £20m .......... benchmark!

Looking at the squad as it stands, if we want to bring in a new left back, one of Fox or Penney will need to go out. A new centre back can come in without a departure, although if Van Aiken leaves, we will need to look for a replacement. In centre midfield, we are short of bodies, even before any departures. Wide players? Well it depends on whether we are going to play with wingers or not, but on the face of it, we don’t have anyone else who should leave. Up front, we do have a surplus of front men, plus we need to add pace. Who should go? Well definitely Winnall, he’s not top end championship standard, ditto Rhodes.

If Bruce plays it the way he has in the past, it will be one mobile central striker, flanked by a winger and a wide forward. We would need that set up duplicated on the bench, plus maybe a Fletcher type, if we want to change things up. All this can change though, if we are either required to raise big money, or we just get offers we can’t refuse