10 gone with more to go

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, nilsson said:

How are we in a position of strength?

Blame Jos and Carlos if you want but the main reason we’ve finished 15th and 12th in the championship the last two years is the players aren’t good enough

Its a mixture of both. 

1 minute ago, nilsson said:

How are we in a position of strength?

Blame Jos and Carlos if you want but the main reason we’ve finished 15th and 12th in the championship the last two years is the players aren’t good enough

Really ?

You think the players we "may" want to sell are gunna go cheap,not happenin with Chansiri at the helm,other managers want our contracted players,pay up or as near as dam it.

1 minute ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Really ?

You think the players we "may" want to sell are gunna go cheap,not happenin with Chansiri at the helm,other managers want our contracted players,pay up or as near as dam it.

If the players are worth the millions you seem to think how do you explain us losing (and being outplayed) at home to QPR and midtable championship finishes the last two years?

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Are we wanting to sell ?,if we are,then the buying club will have to stump up,we aren't having our pants pulled down with Chansiri at the helm.

How do you know "No one" is interested in our in contract players ?

And who from Van Aken,Winnall,Joao (if indeed it is those we are willing to sell) are being paid laughable figures of £30,000 a week ?

How do we generate funds to bring in players, bearing in mind even loans cost a fee, without selling? We may be saving circa £140k a week on wages with the freed players but what about Rhodes wages?

"How do you know "No one" is interested in our in contract players ?" Read the sentence again. There is the word "unless" in there.....which is the whole point. Clubs won't pay silly wages and a huge fee as well. 

FF, Rhodes, Reach, Bannan (probably wouldn't sell)....all on north of £30k a week. Just about every player we have has a price. But we won't get anything like the nonsense figures being talked about on here.

10 minutes ago, nilsson said:

If the players are worth the millions you seem to think how do you explain us losing (and being outplayed) at home to QPR and midtable championship finishes the last two years?

Good lord,its not about what i think the players are worth,and since when has "value" got anything to do with ability.....................weak argument.

How did Leicester  win the prem versus Man City's billion pound investment,or Chelseas,or Man utd's.

16 minutes ago, fredmciverslovechild said:

How do we generate funds to bring in players, bearing in mind even loans cost a fee, without selling? We may be saving circa £140k a week on wages with the freed players but what about Rhodes wages?

"How do you know "No one" is interested in our in contract players ?" Read the sentence again. There is the word "unless" in there.....which is the whole point. Clubs won't pay silly wages and a huge fee as well. 

FF, Rhodes, Reach, Bannan (probably wouldn't sell)....all on north of £30k a week. Just about every player we have has a price. But we won't get anything like the nonsense figures being talked about on here.

Does releasing wage earners at the end of contracts free up wages.................yes it does,actively seeking to sell and selling because we've received an offer deemed good enough are different things,Loan players can be brought in at the fraction of his wage.

It came from Mr Chairman himself that no one,thats no one,earns more than £30,000 a week at swfc no matter  how many people post otherwise.

The nonsense figures on here when thought about aren't really nosense at all,subjective bot not really that outlandish.

2 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Good lord,its not about what i think the players are worth,and since when has "value" got anything to do with ability.....................weak argument.

How did Leicester  win the prem versus Man City's billion pound investment,or Chelseas,or Man utd's.

They won it because they had Kante, Mahrez and Vardy along with a strong team unit and the usual big clubs all had issues that year. Kante is arguably the best player in the world in his position and it’s no coincidence he’s gone on to win another prem and a World Cup. I don’t see how that correlates with our squad though? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When it comes to players wages there’s a lot of guesswork on here . 

Bear with me on this. When Steve was at Sunderland he brought in 13 players on permanent deals and moved 15 out in the first 18 months. Now, if there were just some way of finding out who some of those players were, we could get a sense of who could be out and any replacements this time around..:cool:

Edited by OWLISH
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, nilsson said:

They won it because they had Kante, Mahrez and Vardy along with a strong team unit and the usual big clubs all had issues that year. Kante is arguably the best player in the world in his position and it’s no coincidence he’s gone on to win another prem and a World Cup. I don’t see how that correlates with our squad though? 

You wanted an answer to how we lost and were outplayed by qpr after spending millions,my answer was "transfer fee" doesn't equate to ability,never has,they were just better

So therefore Leicester didn't spend hundreds and hundreds of millions to win the  league,they were just  better with what they had,it happens.

Edited by DELUDED OWL

Norwich and our city rivals all got in players to fit their system.

When we play it looks like a horrible mash up of several systems, bit of passing then out of nowhere a hoof ball. Bannan looks totally out off place especially.

Bruce seems to know how we'll be setting up. Hopefully something quite dynamic like Hull and Brentford have been this season.

I don’t go with this “ Fessi” out opinion.

Yes I know that he’s missed a few penalties, refused to get on the bus and can be a mardy tuss, but I reckon that Bruce will get the best out of him next season . On his day he’s a match winner.... he just needs to have a few more of those days.

If we could get all of those out of the door adding pelepussy and van Akren in there too, we may get a total of around £11 / £12 million in combined. 

As we all know SG with some help from Jones got us up around the level we're at now positionally in the league on next to nothing with frees and nominal fees.

Bruce hopefully can with the help of what we already have in get us up past that with clever signings like the Iorfa one. 

On 05/05/2019 at 20:18, Shetland Owl said:

So we know who the first 6 are

and the 4 loan players, with Hector hopefully coming back

So who are we going to sell

Winnall    £2.5m

FF          £8m

Fox (hopefully) 5p

Joao       £8m

any one else

Winnall about right at £2/2.5 mil

Nando & joao around £3 mil each respectively. Fox we could maybe get somewhere between 500k & £1 mil. 

The problem is finding a team that would stump the cash up for them mainly due to them being way too injury prone, inconsistent and mentally weak. 

As other teams have proven over the years, you don't need the best technical team, but you do need them to be physically FIT, consistently performing at a good level and mentally tough. 

Look at Leeds only Norwich have looked better over the course of the season, but when it came down to the crunch, they bottled it and couldn't handle the pressure. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

Winnal. just doesn’t get a look in 

Rhodes. can’t see him regaining his old form 

Pelupessy. had maybe 2 good games in a year 

JVA. not championship quality 

Joao. consistently inconsistent 

21 hours ago, fredmciverslovechild said:

I would have thought that at the moment every one of our players has his price. And other clubs know that we are looking to offload so we are hardly negotiating from a position of strength.

So being realistic.....

Winnall.....hardly kicked a ball for a year so who's going to buy him....£750k

FF....injuries, attitude, high wages, too risky?....£2 million tops

Joao....unfulfilled promise....£750k

Rhodes....gone backwards, high wages....£2 million

The real bankable assets we have are Bannan and Reach but again wages could be a problem. And I don't really see anyone apart from the likes of Huddersfield (replace Mooy) and Cardiff coming in. I reckon we'd be lucky to get £3.5 million for either. 

Lucas Joao 750k? Since December 2017, he's scored 18 championship goals in under 40 starts. The £8 million tag is not the nonsense some on here think it is. He might be frustrating, but he's a goal scorer.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
4 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

I'd say it's down to a play-off hangover, retaining Carlos after the 'Udders shambles, terrible injuries, and appointing Jostle.

Players going off the boil and some past their best is a big factor. 3yrs ago FF, Hooper, and Lee were in their prime. Now they're not. Hopefully Lee can stay fit enough to contribute again, but the days of him playing 40games+ per season covering every blade of grass 13k+ in-game each week are probably gone. We'll need to use him sensibly.