10 gone with more to go

Think it was reported DC put an £8million price tag on Joao (Nixon?) So hoping to drive up his price. May fetch £5 million - we know Madine went for £6 and Joao has more talent. Forestieri is worth at least that much even at his age.

Who's got the cash though? Fulham prob won't after spending 100 million last summer. Cardiff aren't big spenders and have Bobby Reid. Huddersfield may have a bit. The likes of Stoke, Boro, West Brom, Derby and Villa will probably all tighten up a bit next year. 

The fact we need to shift probably 2 or 3 strikers this summer in a slower market could hurt us.

28 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Take it you don't keep up with football transfers, if you think we'll get 2M for FF then thank god you aren't in charge.

Actually I don’t think we’d get 2m

Maybe close if we are lucky 

2 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

So we know who the first 6 are

and the 4 loan players, with Hector hopefully coming back

So who are we going to sell

Winnall    £2.5m

FF          £8m

Fox (hopefully) 5p

Joao       £8m

any one else

Be lucky to get £7m for all of them

3 hours ago, poite said:

8m for joao and FF :Sid:

People  really do lose the plot when it comes to valuations of players. 

If they were worth anywhere near that they'd be playing at a level where selling them would be disastrous.  

Fernando is worth 2m tops. 

Joao something like 1.2m. 

I agree that the OP's 8m valuation is, unfortunately, pie in the sky. I do feel your valuations are too low though. Two words...... Gary Madine lol 

8 hours ago, vulture_squadron said:

Who's got the cash though? Fulham prob won't after spending 100 million last summer. Cardiff aren't big spenders and have Bobby Reid. Huddersfield may have a bit. The likes of Stoke, Boro, West Brom, Derby and Villa will probably all tighten up a bit next year. 

The fact we need to shift probably 2 or 3 strikers this summer in a slower market could hurt us.

This part of your post I agree with.

We need to remember that these are mostly players who are no longer wanted by the club so their transfer valuations will reflect that. Championship clubs have been raising the FFP issue more and more recently and demanding more action, there is a small pool of clubs that we could sell these players to, and with Birmingham’s points deduction and with clubs likely being more prudent it all points to a lower spend this pre-season. 

10 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

Winnall - 1m max

FF - 2m max

Fox - 4p

Joao - 2m max

Your valuations are way more realistic than the OPs. Nobody is paying £8m for Joao sat on the bench in the Championship. I’d like to think £4m would be achievable for FF but he’s nearly 30 and inconsistent and for the reasons above I think we’d be lucky to get that. I hope you and I are wrong but I think the club is selling at a bad time.

7 hours ago, Morepork said:

I agree that the OP's 8m valuation is, unfortunately, pie in the sky. I do feel your valuations are too low though. Two words...... Gary Madine lol 

The pigs were debating if Madine should be kept on next year on FH earlier. The guy isn’t even championship standard IMO. He got a £6m move to Cardiff last January on the back of 9 goals for Bolton, 5 of which were penalties, he’s scored a grand total of 3 goals since 

lol

Just now, Stoop said:

The pigs were debating if Madine should be kept on next year on FH earlier. The guy isn’t even championship standard IMO. He got a £6m move to Cardiff last January on the back of 9 goals for Bolton, 5 of which were penalties, he’s scored a grand total of 3 goals since 

lol

You can see better players on a Sunday morning here.......that said, he should definitely be their first choice!! lol

So last season Gary Madine goes to Cardiff for £2m and there are some on here who think we’ll only get a third of that for Forestieri?

Even if he is in the last year of his current deal we’d get £8m no problem although personally I’d like us to keep him.

Given how we get the ball forward under Bruce a lot quicker than we did under Luhukay and Carlos, I’d like to see us go with the below striking options next season....

Forestieri

Rhodes

Fletcher 

Joao

They all offer something different and with the sales of Nuhiu and Winnal, I reckon we’d probably make around £3m.

If we can keep them fit, 4 strikers should be enough.

How many games has Nando actually played in the last couple of years? He seems to have spent most of the time out injured and even Bruce has said they’ve got to be careful with him.

Anyone coming in for him will need to match his wages and they’re not going to do that and pay a big fee for a player who spends half the time on the treatment table.

In favour of replacing quite a few but it all needs to be carefully weighed up. Nuhiu does a few different roles for what i'd imagine are quite reasonable wages. Winnall i'd say around £2M (would have been closer to £4M pre-injury). Hutch will be first choice but will only be fit for 60% of games so we'll need a jobshare for him. Joey is a reliable backup but doesn't have the quality of Hutch.

11 hours ago, poite said:

8m for joao and FF :Sid:

People  really do lose the plot when it comes to valuations of players. 

If they were worth anywhere near that they'd be playing at a level where selling them would be disastrous.  

Fernando is worth 2m tops. 

Joao something like 1.2m. 

So you’re telling me Gary Madine is worth two of FF plus one Jaoa? Really?? 

I mean I don’t agree with the current inflated market but on flip side I wouldn’t be selling players for more sensible prices when all around us others are selling inferior players for crazy ones either. 

• Like 1