10 gone with more to go

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Too many owlstalkers went to the Milan school of sales and were happy with 1.5m for Antonio 

Antonio was still in his early 20s when we sold him. Not getting a sell on fee at least was a big error from Milan. We don’t have anyone currently with the potential Antonio had.

Too many owlstalkers put delusional values on our players. Gary Hooper is available for free and owlstalkers think clubs would pay 2.5 mill for Winnall? Winnall hasn’t scored a goal in professional football for nearly 18 months

18 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Antonio was still in his early 20s when we sold him. Not getting a sell on fee at least was a big error from Milan. We don’t have anyone currently with the potential Antonio had.

Too many owlstalkers put delusional values on our players. Gary Hooper is available for free and owlstalkers think clubs would pay 2.5 mill for Winnall? Winnall hasn’t scored a goal in professional football for nearly 18 months

We did get a sell on fee for Antonio.

20 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Well its a lose lose situation then innit,we sell players on the cheap,he gets hammered for it,he puts a high price on players,no one buys,he gets hammered for it.

8 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Well its a lose lose situation then innit,we sell players on the cheap,he gets hammered for it,he puts a high price on players,no one buys,he gets hammered for it.

I don’t think anyone would hammer him for selling any of the current squad. They’ve shown over the last two years they’re not good enough to mount a promotion challenge.

He just needs to back Bruce by keeping the players Bruce wants (unless we receive big offers for them).

The players that Bruce wants to release just need offloading to get their wage off the books. Any fee we get for these players would be a bonus

Forestieri would be worth a gamble for any side in the Championship with money to spend. 

£2m? Seriously? Thats like a free hit in the days where Asombalonga signed for Middlesborough for £15m! 
Patrick Bamford @ fee rising up to £10m. 

I think Winnall's stock has fallen quite a bit, he's done nothing since being back. 

Forestieri has been very up and down (arguably disappointing tbh, but he's not been quite right fitness wise) but at least shown in glimpses (i.e. Norwich) how good he still can be. 

Edited by WhiteOwl91

12 minutes ago, nilsson said:

I don’t think anyone would hammer him for selling any of the current squad. They’ve shown over the last two years they’re not good enough to mount a promotion challenge.

He just needs to back Bruce by keeping the players Bruce wants (unless we receive big offers for them).

The players that Bruce wants to release just need offloading to get their wage off the books. Any fee we get for these players would be a bonus

For whats perceived to be undervalue he would.

Thought with the released list HE had backed Bruce with the players he wants to keep.

Not quite sure i get ya last point fella,he has released em,they will be off the wage bill,ya don't get fees for out of contract plalyers.

9 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

For whats perceived to be undervalue he would.

Thought with the released list HE had backed Bruce with the players he wants to keep.

Not quite sure i get ya last point fella,he has released em,they will be off the wage bill,ya don't get fees for out of contract plalyers.

He’s released the out of contract players but we’ll still have the likes of van Aken, Fox, Pelupessy, Rhodes, Winnall and Nuhiu picking up a wage.

Does Bruce want all these lads for a promotion challenge? I’d say not and the ones he doesn’t want just need offloading or loaning out

2 minutes ago, nilsson said:

He’s released the out of contract players but we’ll still have the likes of van Aken, Fox, Pelupessy, Rhodes, Winnall and Nuhiu picking up a wage.

Does Bruce want all these lads for a promotion challenge? I’d say not and the ones he doesn’t want just need offloading or loaning out

Then lets let him get on with it then,he knows what the score is.

34 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Forestieri would be worth a gamble for any side in the Championship with money to spend. 

£2m? Seriously? Thats like a free hit in the days where Asombalonga signed for Middlesborough for £15m! 
Patrick Bamford @ fee rising up to £10m. 

I think Winnall's stock has fallen quite a bit, he's done nothing since being back. 

Forestieri has been very up and down (arguably disappointing tbh, but he's not been quite right fitness wise) but at least shown in glimpses (i.e. Norwich) how good he still can be. 

Forestieri has a year left on his contract. If next season he is the player of old then he is potentially priceless but we have had two seasons when he has been very much on the periphery. So do we take that risk bearing in mind in twelve months he can leave for nothing?

Come next January we might bite anyone's hand off for £2 million.

Guest gizowl
17 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Of course they want shipping out, SB knows that, we know that, it's finding someone who wants them that's the problem. 

1 minute ago, fredmciverslovechild said:

Forestieri has a year left on his contract. If next season he is the player of old then he is potentially priceless but we have had two seasons when he has been very much on the periphery. So do we take that risk bearing in mind in twelve months he can leave for nothing?

Come next January we might bite anyone's hand off for £2 million.

I think its time to cash in,  like you say on his day brilliant, but that day is few and far between.

We need to change the squad - I also think we may be seeing a big sale possibly Reach going,  who will be ambitious no doubt and maybe a prem club want him.

(Wolves / Palace / Toon / Norwich) his goals will not have gone un-noticed over this season.

Need to offload Adthe - thanks mate been interesting and an enigma but time is up.  If we can offload JVA / Fox / Pelp /Winnall then this would be a good help, which to be fair we should be able to do they are not bad players but just not fitted right.

In my opinion Rhodes will play a big part next season, if he can get upto speed in pre-season.

4 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

I think its time to cash in,  like you say on his day brilliant, but that day is few and far between.

We need to change the squad - I also think we may be seeing a big sale possibly Reach going,  who will be ambitious no doubt and maybe a prem club want him.

(Wolves / Palace / Toon / Norwich) his goals will not have gone un-noticed over this season.

Need to offload Adthe - thanks mate been interesting and an enigma but time is up.  If we can offload JVA / Fox / Pelp /Winnall then this would be a good help, which to be fair we should be able to do they are not bad players but just not fitted right.

In my opinion Rhodes will play a big part next season, if he can get upto speed in pre-season.

:Sid:Rhodes getting up to speed. That’s a laugh

On 05/05/2019 at 20:18, Shetland Owl said:

So we know who the first 6 are

and the 4 loan players, with Hector hopefully coming back

So who are we going to sell

Winnall    £2.5m

FF          £8m

Fox (hopefully) 5p

Joao       £8m

any one else

Your having a laugh aren't you?.

3 hours ago, nilsson said:

I think we did have a sell on thankfully but 1.5m was poor even in that market as he’d done well in the championship and league one players were going for similar.

For players such as Winnall that is outlandish and I think we were around the 1.5/2m mark before he went to Derby. But that QPR deal fell through. I thought that was low then and after doing ok at derby he was probably worth more but we wouldn’t get much more than our money back now unless he started scoring again. ..which he is capable of.

in terms of Joao and Reach, they still have prime years ahead and change games. I don’t think big money is beyond them and I don’t think chansiri will sell them cheaply.

1 hour ago, Doctor Duran said:

Think if still here next season FF will still show flashes of his talent and win games by himself but probably not often enough to justify keeping him if we get a half decent offer.
Was our star player the season we got to play off final but been living of it a bit ever since.

Edited by matthefish2002