This League....

Just how poor is it. 

Even with players out and players not fully fit coming back from injury we have got close to the play offs.

So frustrating that we had that spell prior to Bruce coming in where I was more worried about relegation than promotion.

With a good manager we could have been right up there this season even missing some of our best players for the majority of the year.

Obviously pleased with the win today and our good run but I am massively frustrated about the stupid decisions and tactics which cost us any chance earlier in the season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Brissy-owl said:

Makes u wonder because any side in this division will not be able to compete in the prem, is it even worth going up? 

In fairness there are a couple of teams gone up who have held their own in the prem, and apart from that it's got to be worth going up just for the financial side of it.

It’s a league where any team can beat another regardless of size, how much they’ve spent or current form. It contains some of the biggest clubs in British football who would be giants in most foreign top flights. It’s so competitive that some clubs relegated to it can’t deal with how tough it is. This league is one of the greatest in European football and the administrators of all the top European leagues would love to have the draw of the championship. To say it’s poor is absolutely nonsense.

• Like 8

I just think our team which has massive gaps in quality and our real quality players have been missing for big chunks of the season or have been out of form plus a team which contains players like Boyd, Onamah and Pelupessy etc is able to win against teams which are still going for the play offs still and outplayed the league leaders at their own ground and so easily make up ground when we were miles off.

I dont think Norwich, Leeds or Sheffield United are particularly good either especially when compared to Wolves, Brighton, Newcastle etc. But then I suppose Cardiff and Huddesfield went up so maybe I am talking rubbish lol

11 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

It’s a league where any team can beat another regardless of size, how much they’ve spent or current form. It contains some of the biggest clubs in British football who would be giants in most foreign top flights. It’s so competitive that some clubs relegated to it can’t deal with how tough it is. This league is one of the greatest in European football and the administrators of all the top European leagues would love to have the draw of the championship. To say it’s poor is absolutely nonsense.

Think you have missed my point.

I mean the quality this year compared to other seasons. The top 3 are nowhere near as good as other seasons although Cardiff and Huddesfield managed to go up so maybe I am wrong!

23 minutes ago, Brissy-owl said:

Makes u wonder because any side in this division will not be able to compete in the prem, is it even worth going up? 

Nah.... we may as well just pack in.

We will never win the FA cup or the League Cup again so we may as well not bother entering those either.

In fact, we may as well just fold the club.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

Think you have missed my point.

I mean the quality this year compared to other seasons. The top 3 are nowhere near as good as other seasons although Cardiff and Huddesfield managed to go up so maybe I am wrong!

Honestly, if Leeds win the playoffs and go up that way, are they worse than Fulham last season? I don't think so, myself.

Other than the occasional team that runs away with it, I don't think the league varies in quality much from one season to another. At the end of every season people warn that this was our chance and next season will be impossible, and then they say the same thing 12 months later.

1 hour ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

Just how poor is it. 

Even with players out and players not fully fit coming back from injury we have got close to the play offs.

So frustrating that we had that spell prior to Bruce coming in where I was more worried about relegation than promotion.

With a good manager we could have been right up there this season even missing some of our best players for the majority of the year.

Obviously pleased with the win today and our good run but I am massively frustrated about the stupid decisions and tactics which cost us any chance earlier in the season.

I personally love the Championship and when you consider that most clubs are running annual losses to chase the dream of promotion, the quality of players in show each week is arguably higher than it should be.  I just wish that clubs like our own could compete without getting into debt, especially when you also take into account the crazy ticket prices.

55 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Its definitely poor if after our season we are still in with a mathematical chance of going up!