This League....

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

While you're on...the cork tiles are lifting..so we're looking at different flooring options... what do you think...for a bathroom?

We went with hard tiles, same as on a wall whatever that material is. Hard wearing and good when wet as you don't get the lift like you do with Cork etc. 

This is better to talk about than the pigs going up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yellowbelly said:

We were crap for half the year admittedly but despite going on a run that put us right up there form wise we’re still mid table. That just means it’s a competitive league where no team or groups of teams run away with it. Doesn’t that make it more interesting than a procession every year? Would it be preferable for the relegated clubs to fizz us all over every season & the rest of us scrabble around for a pat on the head & a playoff semi spot? I’ll guarantee that at least one of our promoted clubs next year will make a good fist of it in the PL which would surely hint at a modicum of quality maybe?

We weren't though. Oct 7th we beat Bristol City and we're in 6th place. 1 win in 10 ending with defeat at Swansea on 15h Dec saw the end of Jos and the start of the revival. 

So, it was arguably a 10 match run that derailed our season. 

2 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

We went with hard tiles, same as on a wall whatever that material is. Hard wearing and good when wet as you don't get the lift like you do with Cork etc. 

This is better to talk about than the pigs going up. 

We went for cork for the nice warmth under your feet...it's all a trade off.

1 minute ago, latemodelchild said:

Yep, I can see why you'd do that and if I'm honest, some mornings I envy you. 

I've gone for a trampoline sunk into the floor. Keeps things interesting when I'm in the bath and the doorbell rings.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, N0rtherner said:

We may have bottled our chances at play offs but by God.. how flipping poo are Leeds...

Siging "Falling apart again," just isn't funny anymore they're so poor when it matters :duntmatter: and yes, I realise Pigs will get bloody promoted automatically... :(

Makes you wonder why we didn’t go at them the other week like we did against Norwich...

They have got to increase the amount you can lose over three seasons - player values have increased over the last 3 seasons but the EFL haven’t adjusted the amount you can lose - just means the gap is going to get bigger between our league and Prem until it will be impossible to stay up even if you get up because established clubs have so much cash - look at Hull when they went up in our place ..,

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

We were overwhelmed by younger..fitter...faster players.

Maybe but I still we gave them a bit to much respect when we could have attacked them like Norwich match - they were easily beaten tonight by a simple counter attack set up 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, elvin parsnip said:

Maybe but I still we gave them a bit to much respect when we could have attacked them like Norwich match - they were easily beaten tonight by a simple counter attack set up 

We did twenty minutes of that and then ran out of gas...

• Haha 1

Just now, Costello 77 said:

We did twenty minutes of that and then ran out of gas...

Your probably right - I’d had a fair amount of Cider when I watched the game - just remember us not even keeping the ball at all - but then playing a bit for 5 mins when Dave came on and looking a lot better - Norwich was much better 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Minton said:

What makes the difference with promoted teams is whether you build a squad with the aim of winning the Championship or building a squad with the aim of playing in the Premier League. Wolves, Brighton and Leicester are great examples of the latter 

Thing is, we built a squad under carlos to play in the Premier League.

We just forgot about getting the promotion part first.

You need to build a team capable of promotion first. The premier league players can sign when you're up there.