This League....

15 minutes ago, apswfcowl said:

Its definitely poor if after our season we are still in with a mathematical chance of going up!

We were crap for half the year admittedly but despite going on a run that put us right up there form wise we’re still mid table. That just means it’s a competitive league where no team or groups of teams run away with it. Doesn’t that make it more interesting than a procession every year? Would it be preferable for the relegated clubs to fizz us all over every season & the rest of us scrabble around for a pat on the head & a playoff semi spot? I’ll guarantee that at least one of our promoted clubs next year will make a good fist of it in the PL which would surely hint at a modicum of quality maybe?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

The league is poor, very poor. It's competative because the teams are much of a muchness.

Sky TV like to big it up because they have subscriptions to sell but, as the pigs have proved, a half decent manager that knows what he's doing, with a plan how to play and the ability to identify the right players, will be there or there abouts. 

The fans of clubs that have wasted millions and have fallen fowl of financial regulations like to blame things such as parachute payments but it's an excuse for mismanagement. 

Brighton, Hiuddersfield, Bournemouth etc, etc. get promoted without parachute payments. 

Isn’t that true of every club in every league in every country though?

Probably true in every team sport as well.

We may have bottled our chances at play offs but by God.. how flipping poo are Leeds...

Siging "Falling apart again," just isn't funny anymore they're so poor when it matters :duntmatter: and yes, I realise Pigs will get bloody promoted automatically... :(

1 hour ago, Brissy-owl said:

Makes u wonder because any side in this division will not be able to compete in the prem, is it even worth going up? 

What makes the difference with promoted teams is whether you build a squad with the aim of winning the Championship or building a squad with the aim of playing in the Premier League. Wolves, Brighton and Leicester are great examples of the latter 

• Like 1

All it would have taken for us to be in with a shot was giving that clown Luhukay the boot 4 games earlier.

Bruce wouldn’t have come in any sooner but we picked up under Bullen and having him in charge for a few extra games would see us 3/4 points better off now in my opinion and right in the mix.

It’s been a huge missed opportunity, especially if we are punished for breaching FFP in the coming weeks.

Edited by TrickyTrev

I think it’s a great league. The teams are evenly matched and you can’t underestimate the physicality of the championship. Over a 46 game season all teams go through peaks and dips in form. 

You could argue the quality would be improved if there were only 20 teams in the league and a 38 game season but then you’d lose a lot of what makes the championship so good 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hitcat said:

Then I've dragged you from an interesting thread to an interesting thread. What's yer problem?

While you're on...the cork tiles are lifting..so we're looking at different flooring options... what do you think...for a bathroom?

• Haha 1