Dawson

Dont think now is the time to knock Dawson. he had 20 mins to prepare for the game and one of the best keepers boots in the division to fill.

What worries me more is the fact the defence seem less confident when he is in the net. However that did get better as the game went on.

Will be our long term number one Dawson.  Mark my words.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, ruscol85 said:

Best keeper on the books according to jos... jesus...westwood saves both of them

Westwood saves neither of them because he “hurt his knee” in the warm up just prior to a game away at top of the league free scoring Norwich.....just like he was “tired” just prior to the game away at top of the league West Brom and just like he “felt sick in the warm up” away at Bristol City a few seasons ago after being unsettled by theor 2 big centre halves

Good though he is, strange how these things never happen at home to the likes of Bolton

Edited by Ian
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Dont think now is the time to knock Dawson. he had 20 mins to prepare for the game and one of the best keepers boots in the division to fill.

What worries me more is the fact the defence seem less confident when he is in the net. However that did get better as the game went on.

The defence looked pretty confident to me 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ian said:

Westwood saves neither of them because he “hurt his knee” in the warm up just prior to a game away at top of the league free scoring Norwich.....just like he was “tired” just prior to the game away at top of the league West Brom and just like he “felt sick in the warm up” away at Bristol City a few seasons ago after being unsettled by theor 2 big centre halves

Good though he is, strange how these things never happen at home to the likes of Bolton

Just like he was our best player by a mile away at then 2nd placed Leeds. No idea what you're getting at tbh, Westwood is miles and I mean MILES better than Dawson. 

32 minutes ago, Ian said:

Still, I would like to have seen Westwood in the net, even if Dawson did well today, and he did, that late goal was what it was.  Dawson isn't a "kid" anymore, he's what, 24 years old?  Bruce will know what to do with him, this summer, and I trust his judgement.  I think Bruce is already thinking about GK, because Westwood is getting on in years, even for a GK.  But it is funny how the clean-sheets appeared, as soon as Westwood was back.

2 hours ago, Ian said:

Didn't  happen at Weeds last week or the grunters a few weeks ago.

3 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

The defence looked pretty confident to me 

Early on in the match (ironically enough when Dawson looked a little shaky) our defensive line was all over the shop and we didn't seem to have a midfield every time Norwich broke. This changed as the game went on and Dawson looked stronger for it.

Vintage owlstalk , slagging off a keeper who played really well because he’s not westwood . Our canvass really are moronic at times .... 

id choose to focus on how much sharper we looked without bannan (same against West Brom) and better up front we looked with a forestieri performance of old . Brilliant performances from Matias , foresieri , onomah , pelupessy , fletch , even Boyd . 

For me the main point is that lack of organisation when Westwood isn't in goal. The defence seem to be all over the place, like in the first half an hour of last nights match. I don't think that's a coincidence. 

5 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

The back four all had good games, with no help from Dawson who seems to have his boots glued to the goal line. 

45 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

JOC , got to agree with you. However, their first goal looks worse everytime you see it, due to Dawson's lateness in getting down to it.

He is a decent young keeper, but the observations made by many are spot on, the defence is better with Westwood behind them.

Nothing to do with our defence just standing off their players on the edge of our own area then? Horrendous defending.

• Like 2

Dawson gets shielded from critics because he is youngish and came through the ranks, Judge him based on performances and clean sheets and he isn’t even in the top 15 championship keepers for me.

We need to either sign Westwood up again or find a top class keeper.