Dawson

On 20/04/2019 at 01:35, Ian said:

Westwood saves neither of them because he “hurt his knee” in the warm up just prior to a game away at top of the league free scoring Norwich.....just like he was “tired” just prior to the game away at top of the league West Brom and just like he “felt sick in the warm up” away at Bristol City a few seasons ago after being unsettled by theor 2 big centre halves

Good though he is, strange how these things never happen at home to the likes of Bolton

Conspiracy theory of the season.  I would love to read your views on Kieran Lee, Forestieri, Hooper and Adam Reach.

Edited by tonyem
removed uncalled-for sarcasm

11 minutes ago, malek said:

But, don't you think his back line made it hard for him ? Plenty of players infront of him, yet not one busting his gut to stop the shot from coming in ?!

No i dont

Routine save for a keeper at that level

57 minutes ago, scram said:

No i dont

Fair play, then. In my opinion they made crowd infront of him without really putting an effort to stop the shot coming in.

7 hours ago, scram said:

No i dont

I agree it was a routine save, although in many ways the proximity to him made it harder to get down to...might have been better kicking it away.....having said that it as about as “routine” as Villa’s first goal the other week would you say?

Edited by Ian

12 hours ago, Ian said:

No point discussing with those who don't want to hear the facts.....there is no doubt that Westwood is a great keeper......there is also no doubt that he is very prone to pulling out of games, prior and during on more occasions than the average keeper.

Be interesting to see if he plays tomorrow

#irony

I’d be inclined to send both Dawson and Wildsmith on loan to league 1 or 2 clubs for next season and get some much valued experience in playing regular football. I’d sign Westwood up and bring in a number 2 for a year. Easier said than done but we need to give some of these youngsters regular football. I think both will be very good keepers in time but they are nowhere near the level of Westwood yet.

14 hours ago, Ian said:

No point discussing with those who don't want to hear the facts.....there is no doubt that Westwood is a great keeper......there is also no doubt that he is very prone to pulling out of games, prior and during on more occasions than the average keeper.

Be interesting to see if he plays tomorrow

Oh but I do want to hear the facts Ian, I do. That's precisely why I've asked you several times to back up your random statement with evidence but for some reason you seem to be desperately avoiding doing so. Even though you've also clearly said in this thread "everything I've said here is fact" so it should be easy enough to verify.  If it was true that is. 

5 hours ago, alanharper said:

Oh but I do want to hear the facts Ian, I do. That's precisely why I've asked you several times to back up your random statement with evidence but for some reason you seem to be desperately avoiding doing so. Even though you've also clearly said in this thread "everything I've said here is fact" so it should be easy enough to verify.  If it was true that is. 

Everything I’ve said in here is fact....fact.....just like the clean sheet today without your beloved keeper

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Everything I’ve said in here is fact....fact.....just like the clean sheet today without your beloved keeper

So factual in fact that you consistently refuse to / are unable to to back it up with factual evidence when asked to verify your made up fact. Fact.  

19 minutes ago, alanharper said:

So factual in fact that you consistently refuse to / are unable to to back it up with factual evidence when asked to verify your made up fact. Fact.  

I don’t need to back anything up...all the evidence is out there for those who can be arsed to look

43 minutes ago, Ian said:

I don’t need to back anything up...all the evidence is out there for those who can be arsed to look

I mean you do need to back it up otherwise they are just ramblings of a lunatic.

So hurry up and post it, some of us have work in the morning.

13 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

The manner in which Dawson got into the team under Jos has done him no favours and seems to have forever tainted him in the eyes of some.

Which is a shame because it isn't his fault that he got in ahead.

He played well today and I expect him to keep goal for the last 3 matches now.

3 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

I don't recall you ever making a positive post about the club that you "support"

Very strange.

And what makes you think I give even the faintest **** about your powers of recall

35 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I mean you do need to back it up otherwise they are just ramblings of a lunatic.

So hurry up and post it, some of us have work in the morning.

I don't need to post anything because its all out there in the open...if folk cant be arsed to check for themselves then that's up to them