Dawson

11 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Dont think now is the time to knock Dawson. he had 20 mins to prepare for the game and one of the best keepers boots in the division to fill.

What worries me more is the fact the defence seem less confident when he is in the net. However that did get better as the game went on.

Will be our long term number one Dawson.  Mark my words.

God , I hope not , we will have had a bad couple of years if he becomes our number one that’s for sure ,he is league 1 at best and I do mean that is the best he will play regular football at , but it’s a matter of opinion I suppose, but that’s what forums are for 

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Except it’s not a theory it’s a fact.....Westwood had been substituted more times on his own than every other Wednesday keeper combined in the 150+ years history of the club (that’s another fact) and you can add a significant number of times that he has missed games due to getting injured in the warm up or other mysterious “injuries” such as being tired

I think your looking into something that doesn’t need looking into!! Westwood has always had injury issues through his entire career

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

OK, show us some evidence for your bizarre claim that Westwood faked illness at Bristol because he was scared of their centre halves. 

Let’s do things in the right order.....show me the evidence that I said he faked illness at Bristol first

33 minutes ago, Ian said:

Let’s do things in the right order.....show me the evidence that I said he faked illness at Bristol first

"just like he “felt sick in the warm up” away at Bristol City a few seasons ago after being unsettled by theor 2 big centre halves"

That implies that you think it wasn't genuine. I know Aiden Flint isn't particularly photogenic but I'm sure his appearance didn't make Westwood sick from 100 yards away.

So... your turn then. Where's the evidence of this?

1 hour ago, bob C said:

God , I hope not , we will have had a bad couple of years if he becomes our number one that’s for sure ,he is league 1 at best and I do mean that is the best he will play regular football at , but it’s a matter of opinion I suppose, but that’s what forums are for 

Give him a few seasons with Bruce as his manager. may see him differently.

Some of the criticisms of this lad are well over the top.

Self fulfilling prophecy with some in here.

Obliterate the lads confidence and then you can all turn around in a couple of years, pat yourself on the back and tell us I told you so. 

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Dont think now is the time to knock Dawson. he had 20 mins to prepare for the game and one of the best keepers boots in the division to fill.

What worries me more is the fact the defence seem less confident when he is in the net. However that did get better as the game went on.

I doubt that

4 hours ago, camffiti said:

Ideally we would keep Westwood for another year, to allow Dawson to go out on loan 

No point pretending Norwich first goal, couldn't have been saved by Meggos cap though 

megpipe.png.00a8989b31e8d002e6e86a32b8d1b2bf.png

Similar to Villa’s first goal last week.....although that was arguably at a meet savable height

I honestly believe that it would be in Dawson's best interest to leave.

Go and find himself a club to make his mark with, then progress from there.

He is never going to be accepted here, everything is his fault.

If the team play well, he hasn't done anything.

If the team play bad, it is his fault because he hasn't organised them good enough or organised them at all.

2 minutes ago, MAL said:

If the team play bad, it is his fault because he hasn't organised them good enough or organised them at all.

Dawson’s biggest problem is that he has such a fantastic keeper in Westwood in front of him. 

When Westwood moves on (which could well be in a few weeks time) any keeper who comes here will have a tough job winning the fans over, because Westy is top draw

5 minutes ago, MAL said:

If every player that is blamed for absolutely everything that goes wrong by certain sections of the club's fanbase leaves the club, then we might as well still be starting games with Chris Waddle and Roland Nilsson (because I can think of few others over the years that have escaped the scapegoat crew). :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Dawson’s biggest problem is that he has such a fantastic keeper in Westwood in front of him. 

When Westwood moves on (which could well be in a few weeks time) any keeper who comes here will have a tough job winning the fans over, because Westy is top draw

I pretty much agree with that.

But he is a young keeper, still learning the trade, this pointing the finger at him for every little thing will do him no good.

It will also be no good for us, when he has been destroyed mentally with all the criticisms every time.

30 minutes ago, MAL said:

He gets so much leeway due to coming through the Academy, Wildsmith the same.

If he was an opposition keeper we’d fancy our chances against him...100%

Needs to go an play somewhere for 46 games and then see how he does

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Lees needs experience next to him or behind him.

Guest Grez Bez
11 hours ago, MAL said:

Agreed

Hillsborough is the worst place for any youngster to progress. Be better off at Forest or somewhere where they encourage youngsters, not berate them from the off...