Dawson

4 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Dawson had a rate go at him for the own goal ... you could see him gesturing like he was shouting keepers for the ball but lees got in the way and headed it in .. even if he was on the line it was a poor header from Lees

But many will point the finger at Dawson - didn't speyk, didn't command, should have come sooner, should have stayed on his line etc etc

There's no point in trying to make Dawson a scapegoat for every goal we concede I agree and judging by the reactions to the 2nd goal yesterday I think Tom Less pretty much conceded that it was his fault.

However, I think Dawson at this stage of his career is a big step down from Westwood. I doubt Dawson would be a prospective purchase for any team looking for a top six challenge in the Championship next season.  

On 20/04/2019 at 12:06, Etchesketch said:

Why do people talk on here as though Wildsmith and Dawson are still teenagers when they are 24 this year? In two years time are they still going to learning when they are 26? They are not young now.  I thing for the sake of their own careers at least one them will have to leave. I'm sure they won't want to be number 2 and 3 keepers for another year.  There's only so long they can leave it.

They are both 23 and that's very young for goalkeepers. 27 - 34 is a good age for a keeper in both top divisions. Wildsmith is just 23 (Dec 18) and Dawson will be 24 this July, just 5 months older. They are both good keepers but our defence is less certain with Dawson in the net as he doesn't command his area and flaps at kicking back passes...he rushes them.