Morgan Fox a complete liability .. please get rid !!

3 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

You didn't even go did you?

Southern lady boy

Bloke may, or may not be a turd. 

But no need for the insults based on geography/ indeed, sexual orientation. 

I bet my bum virginity that Tango has been to more Wednesday matches over the last 30 years than most Sheff based Owls

Can anyone remember that moment in the second half where we were pressuring Villa (much like the entire half) and the ball came to Fox at the left edge of the box in the air, he heads it to Hooper and the entire crowd groaned, I could not get my head around it. 

He has been a model pro this season even though in my opinion we need to move on for him. 

It was just that moment that stuck out to me.

Feel sorry for Fox. Generally he's outclassed on the pitch, especially in matches like today where he was up against players who cost 10 times what he did. But he usually puts in a good shift and there's not many times where he seems to just give up (which Matias usually does on the wing). He's never really made any massive clangers either, just the constant drip of minor mistakes and poor decisions. He's obviously not what we need long term and even he must know that.

At the end of the day though, he's a Wednesday player, and when he's on the pitch there's literally nothing to gain from booing him (as people did a few months back when he came on as a sub) or the constant groaning when he's on the ball. I really don't get what goes through the heads of people who have a go at players 

• Like 2

Fox has been decent since Jos went, and I'd say if based purely on these last 3 months he'd be seen as a solid, albeit unspectacular, player.

Relative to where his performances were before I think there's been a huge improvement.

Still, I'd agree with the poster above who points out the difference in level of performance and Lazaar. One and a half games it may only have been, but it was quite marked. But even if we were to sign Lazaar for next season, I'd still be happy to have Fox in the squad as his fitness is at least mostly reliable.

5 hours ago, HarryPlopper said:

Not sure where I stand on this.   Got back from the match feeling down but not really anything other than I expected - I thought on the whole we were the better side strangely enough.

I don't rate Fox but i'm not going to slate him today.   I think I take more umbridge with the pen.   Had we scored that, it would have been a different game.   I was hoping Hooper would take it and wasn't confident before it was struck.

Why? 

Fair enough in hindsight it was a poor penalty but when was the last time Fletcher missed one? 

Just one of those games in the end, we certainly didn't deserve to get beat on the balance of play ad no point in castigating anyone for the result.

7 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Can anyone remember that moment in the second half where we were pressuring Villa (much like the entire half) and the ball came to Fox at the left edge of the box in the air, he heads it to Hooper and the entire crowd groaned, I could not get my head around it. 

He has been a model pro this season even though in my opinion we need to move on for him. 

It was just that moment that stuck out to me.

Ball was coming down to him from direction of sun so was struggling to see it, did well to find hooper. 

Some of our fans ain't half thick some times. 

I thought Palmer could have, should have, got closer or even stop the cross for the first goal, second goal, just get rid, doesn't seem to 

see or anticipate danger.

Edited by daleblue

15 hours ago, BingleyOwl said:

We have a very weak left flank when Iorfa and Aarons aren’t playing.

Boyd played okay and so did Fox but that’s it. Both are weak, slow and have the reaction times of a sloth. 

Arrons is a totally different beast. Even when he’s not on the ball, his contribution is useful. And, he draws players away from play because he needs marking. 

I think Aarons is a brilliant addition, but let’s not get carried away about his defensive contribution.

From the South Stand you can see and hear Bruce and Westwood constantly barking defensive positional duties to Aarons. Reach and Boyd are seasoned wingers that totally get their defensive roles. You cant (yet) say that of Aarons.

19 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Okay how about I would like us to have a similar player to Fox on the bench but just a player the is a little bit better and has more to offer. It’s nice to have subs that can change a game or bring something positive on to the pitch, Fox is a steady player but I don’t personally believe he offers enough. 

Hopefully we'll have penney back fit and firing for next season. 

I'm not saying he's the answer yet, but would be an exiting opinion as cover or coming off the bench if we can get a bargain, solid first team left back accusation like we have on the right with Iorfa.