Hooper's Future

Love to see him as a DP at Vancouver Whitecaps...  We have a bit of money to spend this summer after the Alphonso Davies sale to Bayern...

My only worry is the injury issue... plus we (and several other teams) play on fake grass... 

Just don't want to see him go to the other MLS team in the "Hooper Rumor Mill"  -  DC United - but he would fit in nicely with Rooney if he did....

WAWAW

8 minutes ago, Whitecap Owl said:

Love to see him as a DP at Vancouver Whitecaps...  We have a bit of money to spend this summer after the Alphonso Davies sale to Bayern...

My only worry is the injury issue... plus we (and several other teams) play on fake grass... 

Just don't want to see him go to the other MLS team in the "Hooper Rumor Mill"  -  DC United - but he would fit in nicely with Rooney if he did....

WAWAW

What's a DP mate?

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

What's a DP mate?

Designated Player - It's the rule that you can add 3 players over the "Salary Cap" that don't affect your FFP (in UK language)..  Beckham was the first one... Rooney and Ibrohimovic are current names you would know..

• Thanks 1

He'll be off in the summer. 

Very talented player, bags of ability...but I don't think we are in the position to be offering him a new deal. 

He's 31 years old now and has been injured for substantive parts of his time here. 

A shame in many ways, but I believe this summer will bring about a sea of change and frankly I'm looking forward to it. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SiJ said:

Very talented player, bags of ability...but I don't think we are in the position to be offering him a new deal. 

He's 31 years old now and has been injured for substantive parts of his time here. 

A shame in many ways, but I believe this summer will bring about a sea of change and frankly I'm looking forward to it. 

Sums it up perfectly.

6 hours ago, SiJ said:

34 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Sums it up perfectly.

Have to agree. He's such a quality player and if our circumstances were different we could afford to gamble. As it is, we need to move on.

It's funny, despite our issues, I'm actually looking forward to this transfer window more than any other in recent history.  

I’d love it if he can get back to his best, stay fit and wants to thank us for sticking by him through bad times. Maybe I’m too sentimental but idea of him and Lee back in the team is one I just can’t let go of. 

Whilst Nando often grabbed the spotlight it was them two who seemed to make us tick and linked us up. 

First minutes for what is it 14 months?

Has to be released for me .. he's been a fantastic player at times, a cut above what we've had for a long time but there is no room for sentiment given our perilous financial situation.

I can see him excelling over in the states for a few seasons - that would be my choice if i were to leave. He would become a cult figure over there

On 03/04/2019 at 02:47, Kagoshimaowl said:

I really wish he wasn’t out of contract. He’s the one I really want to keep but his wages are huge. From the forward line I’d let him and Matias go. Then I’d look to sell Forestieri and Rhodes to the highest bidders which will hopefully impress the EFL.

That still leaves us with Fletcher, Joao, Winnall, Nuhiu. It’s not that bad.

Sadly it’s not that good either.

Difficult one. The injury issues he’s had understandably have to be taken into account but on the other hand when fit he’s arguably the best goalscorer at the club.

If we were to release him and he was to go somewhere else in the championship and stay fit and score goals regularly, the posters who are saying we should release him will probably say we should’ve kept him? The club’s caught between a rock and a hard place with this one.