Hooper's Future

I don't think any of us expected Hooper to start on Saturday, maybe be on the bench and come on for 20 minutes or so.  Given that Bruce has put him straight in to the starting 11 as soon as he's anywhere near fit enough suggests to me that he see's the quality Hooper has got and he sees a future for him at Hillsborough.  Obviously there's the huge caveat that he stays fit, but if he does, the faith Bruce has shown at the weekend makes me think he'll definitely be offered a new deal.

Would be a backward step for me to offer him a new contract.
If he stays we are likely to have FF, Hooper, Nuhiu, Fletcher, Sam Winnall, Joao as attacking options next season. Would say only Nuhiu not injury prone and most are over 30. 

Seen others say offer then a pay as you play deal but not sure these exist anymore, certainly not heard of any for a while.

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

[snip]

Seen others say offer then a pay as you play deal but not sure these exist anymore, certainly not heard of any for a while.

Fair point. Maybe they're message board unicorns.

Yeah, because most 31 year old professional footballers will definitely accept a pay-as-you-play deal :dry:

If we offer him a new deal, it will be most likely a 2 year contract with reduced wages but increased appearance/goal bonuses. Both parties have to want to sign the deal, there will be plenty of clubs willing to take the chance on him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

If he stays we are likely to have FF, Hooper, Nuhiu, Fletcher, Sam Winnall, Joao as attacking options next season. Would say only Nuhiu not injury prone and most are over 30. 

And Rhodes!

Suspect if theres any chance we wont be able to shift 2 of Rhodes, Winnall, Joao and Nuhiu, then Hooper will have to leave. 

I would love us to keep GH, but Bruce did say we have too many strikers. 

GH is the only one out of contract. (not including Matias)

19 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Surely it depends on the contract he is offered (for both parties)?

23 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I think he will be offered a new deal. Weather he will take it or not is another matter.

Suspect he will have big offers from the states pending.

Yep.Retirement home for Players nearing the end of their careers. :tango: