Hooper's Future

I think if he proves his fitness he gets another deal 

he knows he won’t get a contract the same unless he goes abroad so I’m confident his weekly salary will reduce 

plus more wages will be off the bill 

plus we won’t be spending anything near what we have been on recruitment in terms of fees and signing on like we have over the last 3-4 years so our debts will come down 

if Bruce is confident hooper is fit and get another couple of years out of him 

I don’t think you can replace him for cheaper 

I’m happy to go on Bruce’s judgment 

hoopers our best player when fit 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I really wish he wasn’t out of contract. He’s the one I really want to keep but his wages are huge. From the forward line I’d let him and Matias go. Then I’d look to sell Forestieri and Rhodes to the highest bidders which will hopefully impress the EFL.

That still leaves us with Fletcher, Joao, Winnall, Nuhiu. It’s not that bad.

I wouldn't read too much into it to be honest as far as knowing how good hooper is/was and wanting to keep him here. 

Bruce is pragmatic enough, winnall still isn't fully fit or sharp, neither is Nando. 

Joao and fletcher are both injured which left us with only Nuhiu as the other option up top..... 

Well and he's turned back into can't hit a barn door from five feet with a shotgun, so what else could he do in all honesty? 

We need to score goals and win games and Nando & hooper even unifit have more chance than nuhiu n winnall. 

Can't see him signing a new deal, simply because his contract comes with an executive box.

According to my mate who know someone at the club, the commercial department will be looking to sell it for next season, as they've run out.

:Chansiri:

• Haha 1

There is no way on earth that he stays on at the club on the same deal - even our club can’t be that silly 

Assuming he lasts the season out, I think it depends on what kind of person he is whether he is here next year or not. 

Accept vastly reduced terms knowing he has a lot to give back giving the fact he’s done nothing for 15 months and his previous time was blighted by injury 

Move on and get as much money as you can elsewhere 

I expect us to offer him and Lee a deal, Hooper will find better elsewhere so I'm predicting he will go but Lee may stay. 

Absolutely love Hooper, although he scores goals he is so much more than that, proper footballer and one of our best. 

However, he's started 62 games since he initially came in on loan in Oct 15, it's just not enough.

Scunny - 2008 - 2010 - 77 league starts - 4 as sub - 43 goals

Celtic - 2010 - 2013 - 90 league starts - 5 as sub - 63 goals

Norwich - 2013 to Oct 15 - 38 league starts - 26 as sub - 18 goals

Sheff Wed - October 2015 - April 2019  - 62 league starts - 17 as sub - 29 goals (very impressive goals tally)

Will be such a shame to see a quality player move on.

Think we need to look at the potential benefits of offering him a year contract. SB has already said that the club has too many players, in particular strikers. I’d argue that a fit Hooper adds so much more than say Nuhiu. If we can afford to keep him then tying up one of the best forwards in the league makes sense. Interesting times ahead to see who stays and who is released. 

Guest Bulgaria
On 02/04/2019 at 10:56, Minton said:

there will be plenty of clubs willing to take the chance on him.

Aye.. St Andrews, and Royal Troon being just 2 of em.

Think he will be off to the states me Sen.

Edited by Bulgaria