Was it offside

Guest Hirst1867

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

Some people need to update their knowledge on the laws of the game.  It's fractionally offside from that image (his knee is in front of the defender).

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside

But it’s so marginal that the fact the ball on that frame has already just left the boot from the pass makes it very tight.

The sort of decision we’ve never got this season.

16 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

IMG_8266.JPG

12 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Based on foot position looks onside, but on body position looks offside. What exactly is the rule these days?

11 minutes ago, deano said:

That looks on to me. 

Looks offside to me if I’m honest. 

Not got back yet but at game it seemed like Hooper held the ball for a fraction too long, that said had he played it earlier it's doubtful Boyd would have got clear.

Bruce says the linesman took an age to put the flag up but I disagree. I glanced over and the flag went up quickly, well before the shot. I didn't even bother celebrating the "goal". 

In the photo provided bod's knee is slightly in advance of opponents foot however bakk has already been kicked and at time of impact it would be an even tighter decision. If Boyd had been really quick player its possible he could have been onside when ball was kicked. at Boyd's speed he was probably slightly offside. in real close calls benefit supposed to be given to attacker With our luck from referees no chance we would be allowed to go on.

5 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Not got back yet but at game it seemed like Hooper held the ball for a fraction too long, that said had he played it earlier it's doubtful Boyd would have got clear.

Bruce says the linesman took an age to put the flag up but I disagree. I glanced over and the flag went up quickly, well before the shot. I didn't even bother celebrating the "goal". 

Pearson on commentary said it did not go up immediately, he sai he looked at linesman and he did not put flag up when boyd first received ball. wgich is when it should have gone up.

19 minutes ago, alanharper said:

12 minutes ago, Quist said:

Pearson on commentary said it did not go up immediately, he sai he looked at linesman and he did not put flag up when boyd first received ball. wgich is when it should have gone up.

I agree with alanharper. I also looked over at the linesman as soon as Boyd got through and the flag went up almost instantly.