Was it offside

Guest Hirst1867

26 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

There was a goal in the last game that for me was offside.  Or we could keep perpetuating the myth that we are the most hard done to team in the football league.  

It's an impossible rule to implement 100%, I'd say the lino has done pretty well in this instance.

I think we have had lower than average luck with decisions this season.

Exhibit A:- Least pens awarded in division

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/topErhalteneElfmeter/wettbewerb/GB2

2 hours ago, Offside_Owl said:

I think this is the correct frame for the Hooper pass. Boyd's foot is definitely just in front if you look at the line on the pitch. Unlucky but correct decision. 

20190330_223207.jpg

Definitely offside

Guest The Horse

Surely though, with Boyd's lack of pace he should be allowed a handicap of 5 yards on any defender.

Ergo - he's onside by 5 yards and a hairbreadth.

3 hours ago, lambownumber5 said:

Having seen the photos it’s hard to get too het up when it’s such a tight decision. As a rank amateur defender i’d always prefer the benefit of doubt to go with the defenders otherwise what’s the point in playing for offside.

This is one of my issues with the offside rule. The wording is ' if an attacker is seeking to gain an advantage....'. If defenders play for offside by moving out just before a pass/freekick, etc is made, how is the attacker seeking to gain an advantage? If the law was interpreted as per the wording, that would cut out a number of issues....IMHO

11.jpg.df5092e76a3d73e68ffd234b4bde5ce8.jpg

Sorry but if you can't see that's offside you need some geometry lessons

22.JPG.0602fd2507af5bd5de6c1d9bfcfd7c58.JPG

And this one its his knee.. its the correct decision BUT there's no way this should not have been a VAR review. Any other day and any other chance could have been onside and been missed without it. 

I thought at the time that Hooper took too long to play Boyd in,its marginal but his bodyweight is more foreward than the last stoke man so hes off for me,shame coz on another day a different official may have let him go.

Decisions been made anyhow so its pointless roorin over it

2 minutes ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

If this is on side. 

I would definitely say Boyd is offside :Sid:

291DB72A-8257-4C06-8EEC-A3885FE88487.jpeg

What?

Don't you mean if that's onside then Boyd was clearly onside too?

Boyd's was much much tighter and on another day we get another decision but watching MOTD last night i really felt for Warnock in his interview and I've never said that before. 

8 hours ago, Pulsar said:

What?

Don't you mean if that's onside then Boyd was clearly onside too?

Boyd's was much much tighter and on another day we get another decision but watching MOTD last night i really felt for Warnock in his interview and I've never said that before. 

I was joking 

21 hours ago, hodgybysea said:

At least that was a close call,anyone see the Chelsea one ,even Stevie Wonder what have called that one.For once Colin was spot on,great league ,crap officials.

Interesting analysis of the Chelsea goal before tonight’s game on Sky. Used virtual reality to show that the linesman wouldn’t have been able to see the offside because Willian’s hair was in the way...