FF In court this am

8 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

To be honest mate, I always assumed "what happened on the pitch, stayed in football" - can't even remember Cantona getting into any off-field trouble after the kung-fu kick.

The CPS and Nottinghamshire Police taking the Forestieri case out of football and into the courts is a new one on me - and I'd have expected they'd also be aware of the assault on Tom Lees, given it took part during the alleged Forestieri incident.

Bizarre to have dealt with the two incidents so differently - one goes unpunished, the other ends up in court. I'd consider assault just as seriously as racial abuse.

I’d consider assault MORE serious than any kind of verbal abuse

I notice that BBC and Sky Sports aren't bothering to even report this yet, despite falling over themselves to report when he initially got charged and when he failed to turn up at court before.

Although BBC Football are probably busy with their big breaking news story about Yeovil Ladies going into administration.
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

Exactly. Which is what she continues to do despite the verdict. Absolute vermin.

I am sure when she get told to stop being a pr#t by her bosses, she will have been misquoted or had her account hacked by a K Pearce from the Mansfield area. :Sid:

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

Jemma Page (a Mansfield journo) is kicking up a stinker on twitter. Insisting you can now say what you like and get away with it. Hope she loses her job because of this.

Sadly with her tweeting that I expect that some of the responses will kind of prove her point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, southportdc said:

Judge It's unlikely that the alleged victim misheard but it's not proven beyond reasonable doubt.

Owlstalk: Image result for vindication

The Press Association are reporting it as:

"District Judge Jonathan Taffe ruled at Mansfield Magistrates Court that Mr Pearce may have been mistaken in what he heard as "it was very loud" at the ground."

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

The Press Association are reporting it as:

"District Judge Jonathan Taffe ruled at Mansfield Magistrates Court that Mr Pearce may have been mistaken in what he heard as "it was very loud" at the ground."

Basically judge is saying 'he probably said it'.

46 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Forgive me if I don't give a crap about her oh so important opinions :

Jemma PageVerified account

@jemmapage

I’m either tweeting about football (MTFC, @PleasleySGFC), Taylor Swift, Little Mix, Britney Spears or cats.

Clearly after a bit of publicity and visits to her social media on the back of this.

4 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

Could also mean Pearce thought he heard it.

Wouldn't he be mistaken if he thought he heard it and didn't?

Bit surprised by the judge's comments (as reported by the guy I quoted before) to be honest. Seems very much to be saying that he thinks Forestieri said it but it isn't proven. Not sure how he works that out from the evidence presented. 

8 minutes ago, southportdc said:

Basically judge is saying 'he probably said it'.

That's why I quoted the PA.

Essentially,

Dan Hayes: Judge says Pearce was unlikely to have been mistaken.

Press Association: Judge says Pearce may have been mistaken.

Just now, punkskaphil said:

That's why I quoted the PA.

Essentially,

Dan Hayes: Judge says Pearce was unlikely to have been mistaken.

Press Association: Judge says Pearce may have been mistaken.

Could be Hayes that's made the error.  Either way it's done with now.

5 minutes ago, southportdc said:

Wouldn't he be mistaken if he thought he heard it and didn't?

Bit surprised by the judge's comments (as reported by the guy I quoted before) to be honest. Seems very much to be saying that he thinks Forestieri said it but it isn't proven. Not sure how he works that out from the evidence presented. 

It could be interpreted in lots of different ways, but I'm going with the judge is sure Pearce thinks he heard it, but he could have been mistaken.