FF In court this am

4 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

It could be interpreted in lots of different ways, but I'm going with the judge is sure Pearce thinks he heard it, but he could have been mistaken.

Or Pearce didn't understand a word of what FF said as it was in Spanish, but it was clearly abusive so he played the race card.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Can you imagine this idiot in court...

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2013/may/flitcrofts-dressing-room-speech/

“Well Krystian is a special human being, when I look into his eyes after the match I can feel the passion inside of him, I can hear his heart beating and I know I know this moment will last forever.... oh and he’s every bit as good as Forestieri and he was racially abused.... even though I was on the touch line at the time and couldn’t possibly have heard the exchange between the 2 players, I just looked into his eyes and his passion told me everything”!!:ghoulguy:

«Tremendous speech» :laugh:

Churchill doesn’t stand a chance. 

• Haha 1

We do not know what the judge said, only what Hayes and the PA reported he said, either way, think the judge took a cop out, otherwise to find FF not guilty he would have to say Pearce was lying, then it opens a new can of worms.

Edited by Striggy

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

5 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Can you imagine this idiot in court...

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2013/may/flitcrofts-dressing-room-speech/

Well Krystian is a special human being, when I look into his eyes after the match I can feel the passion inside of him, I can hear his heart beating and I know I know this moment will last forever.... oh and he’s every bit as good as Forestieri and he was racially abused.... even though I was on the touch line at the time and couldn’t possibly have heard the exchange between the 2 players, I just looked into his eyes and his passion told me everything”!!:ghoulguy:

He's cut and pasted that from 50 shades of grey :wub:

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Or Pearce didn't understand a word of what FF said as it was in Spanish, but it was clearly abusive so he played the race card.

Definitely. Disgusting.

The real problem is an half arsed investigation into the incident. If it had been looked into properly would not have gone to court, although others could have found themselves in trouble. There were some pretty nasty things went off at the end of the game and Mansfield Town players were mainly responsible for them and FF had obviously reacted to some rough treatment being dealt out to him by Towns team and he called a player a name and it was assumed it was racist. the fact Wednesday had a black manager and players in our team indicates it is unlikely any of our players would say something racist or it would be more than likely picked up by players. Luhukay said afterwards that there was no evidence of racist behaviour. The violent incidents which are on film were ignored and Policeman took word of one man and did not bother to try and get other side of story. A fair question to him would have been was he a football fan and who did he support.  A complete waste of public funds and whole situation has done nobody any favours.

Vowed never to paste again, but FWIW, how many of the ex-colliers and others who worked under me can i sue for Racist Abuse, given that I was a) a gaffer, b) a man from the next county, c) frequently gave as good as I got, verbally? If your mates were NOT swwearing at you , something was wrong. It never stopped us drinking together afterwards.

For all their give and take, I'm afraid this 'Racist Abuse' is simply a money racket. 

“May have been mistaken” and “unlikely to have been mistaken” are not even mutually exclusive.

a statement such as “he may have been mistaken but this is unlikely” would cover it.

it seems a little odd for the judge to basically say he thinks Forestieri did it, but based on standards required (presumably reasonable doubt if this was a criminal rather than civil case), had to find him not guilty.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Vowed never to paste again, but FWIW, how many of the ex-colliers and others who worked under me can i sue for Racist Abuse, given that I was a) a gaffer, b) a man from the next county, c) frequently gave as good as I got, verbally? If your mates were NOT swwearing at you , something was wrong. It never stopped us drinking together afterwards.

For all their give and take, I'm afraid this 'Racist Abuse' is simply a money racket. 

welcome back

"Breaking news Forestieri ordered to pay 80% of his weekly wage to Krystian Pearce for the remainder of his contract, who in turn has been offered trails at Manchester United and Barcelona, with concrete contracts offers already on the table form Tottenham and Liverpool following his rise to stardom"

Andddd then he woke up. 

In all fairness though, racism has no place in the modern game, but these he said she said cases with little to no evidence should be dealt in private by the FA.

Guest Theboylangers
13 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Welcome back Buxton. I for one are glad you are pasting again. 

1 hour ago, Weshallovercome said:

It could be interpreted in lots of different ways, but I'm going with the judge is sure Pearce thinks he heard it, but he could have been mistaken.

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

54 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

well, yeah.....that as well, which is probably what the judge thinks too.

It could be interpreted those ways.

But since they'd involve Pearce being mistaken, it would be weird to interpret the judge saying 'it's unlikely Pearce is mistaken' as meaning he was mistaken.

Unless the judge is mistaken.

Or the reporting is mistaken.

Either way, to me it reads like the judge has had a little dig at FF by basically saying he believes the offending word was said, but he can't rule it as proved beyond reasonable doubt ('can't be satisfied to a criminal standard' and 'not met the burden of proof'). He's cleared FF, but also left it hanging over him by what he's said which seems a bit poor for a judge. 

Theres as much chance of Pearce being a liar as Forestieri being racist isn't there?

Its an easy accusation to make ..The force and condemnation it carries.

Its a can of worms really..cos if I call pearce a liar...Is it because I'm a racist?

FF was found Not guilty..so he's not guilty....The "proviso" the judge makes is a decision in itself ..and shouldn't really be allowed should it?

Edited by asteener1867

7 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I've not seen this story mentioned on sky sports news today, they were all over story a few weeks ago when it first came out. 

That's because they've spent ALL DAY talking about OGS being appointed the new Man Utd manager.