FF In court this am

1 hour ago, jonesy87shef said:

This kind of comment bothers me and the fact it’s been upvoted so much.

As innocent as it seems it creates divide and fuels hate.

The perception that the ‘race card’ is a common thing and used by a person to get their own way is just ridiculous. I see comments like this on social media all the time. As with anything there will be a few select idiots who do actually lie and try to use race to gain an advantage in any given situation. It’s tossed around in a way to suggest people use it and enjoy doing so.

With regards to what FF did it didn’t say. We will never know the truth. If the Mansfield player did lie then he’s an utter prat and deserves to be punished. I’m 100% not accusing FF of saying what he’s been accused of, but I ask why would anyone drag him to court, have months of stress (stressful for FF too), risk a huge backlash, put so much time and effort into something if he didn’t believe he was racially abused. The alleged victim gains nothing.

A lot of comments on threads like these are often a worry. Today’s thread has been a decent read and mature for the most part. However there are always posts playing down the importance of stomping out racist abuse, making comparisons to other criminal acts and down playing it. A big problem is abuse in any form can lead to worse crimes further down the line.

Whatever anyone’s opinion or thoughts about this case. Racism is disgusting and a growing problem in this country. It’s sickening for people to put others down and feel superior because of the colour of their skin, whatever race you are. 

@alanharper I apologise it appears I’m getting at you. I went off on a tangent, the only part that applies to you is the race card comment.

This part of your comment slightly gets my goat.. he's been to court and been proven innocent, yet you are still trying to taint it with that part of your comment. 

Maybe in the heat of the moment he claimed that Fessi had racially abused him, maybe he continued to claim this in order to show he hadn't fabricated it. He may have had a vendetta against him and wanted to see Fessi punished. 

Your comment reads that even though he's been found innocent you still assume that Fessi must have said something racist. 

2 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

This part of your comment slightly gets my goat.. he's been to court and been proven innocent, yet you are still trying to taint it with that part of your comment. 

Maybe in the heat of the moment he claimed that Fessi had racially abused him, maybe he continued to claim this in order to show he hadn't fabricated it. He may have had a vendetta against him and wanted to see Fessi punished. 

Your comment reads that even though he's been found innocent you still assume that Fessi must have said something racist. 

Wondered how long it'd be before someone posted this. You can't be proven innocent FFS. 

12 hours ago, JOHNHARKES said:

Knowing his and our luck be a 5 game ban.

I doubt a judge can hand out that sort if sentance. 

Oh and he can’t play out outside on his bike for a week

But now it seems he can get back to playing football..hopefully

Edited by Rogers

So a lower league clogger who’s made a career out of kicking the s**t out of other lower league cloggers finally gets his 15 minutes of fame by playing the race card and trying to drag a player who he’d never normally get the honour of sharing a pitch with to be dragged down to his level.

Not guilty and if we are being completely honest it shouldn’t have even got this far... move along there’s nothing to see here.

Hipe Fernando is ok after this complete and utter farce.

I can’t believe  this whole fiasco finished up in court...  did the player (and his representatives from MTFC)  not consider the fact that FF plays amongst black players  at his own club.

If for that reason alone ( whether he is a racist or not) it is highly unlikely that even in the heat of the moment he would have used n****r in any altercation!..not only would it have been offensive to the player involved but also his colleagues (regardless of colour).

Stupid, pointless farce! 

14 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

He hasn’t been proven innocent. He’s been proven not guilty. 

I’m not trying to taint him. I’m saying why would the Mansfield lad willingly go through all that. He could be completely wrong and misheard and I also condemned him if he made it up. Lying over something so serious is disgraceful.

It’s really not the case that I think he did say something racist. I’m looking at it from the point of their player too.

I’m looking at it objectively. I can’t say he did or didn’t do anything. He’s not been found innocent, there just wasn’t enough evidence to prove him guilty. He doesn’t seem to be the kind of lad to react that way and I hope it was just something lost in translation. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Wondered how long it'd be before someone posted this. You can't be proven innocent FFS. 

Wonder no more my friend.... wonder no more. Your time spent wondering can now come to an end, and I feel honoured that I was the man to do it. 

Nothing worse than being sat... wondering when and if something may or may not happen. Especially as important as this!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Buxtongent said:

Thanks, but may be rather less than previous, due , not to past , but to new health issues.The past is past, ok?

it is with me and hopefully whomsoever you had spat with 

best wishes for your health 

55 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

He hasn’t been proven innocent. He’s been proven not guilty. 

I’m not trying to taint him. I’m saying why would the Mansfield lad willingly go through all that. He could be completely wrong and misheard and I also condemned him if he made it up. Lying over something so serious is disgraceful.

It’s really not the case that I think he did say something racist. I’m looking at it from the point of their player too.

I’m looking at it objectively. I can’t say he did or didn’t do anything. He’s not been found innocent, there just wasn’t enough evidence to prove him guilty. He doesn’t seem to be the kind of lad to react that way and I hope it was just something lost in translation. 

No one gets proven innocent 

They walk into court innocent and stay innocent until proven guilty FF was proven not guilty and walked from court an innocent man 

11 minutes ago, squonk said:

No one gets proven innocent 

They walk into court innocent and stay innocent until proven guilty FF was proven not guilty and walked from court an innocent man 

Innocence doesn't even come into the equation.  Very surprised that it came to court when it's just a he says she says spat.  Should have both been given a bollocking by their managers and made to shake hands.