FF In court this am

15 minutes ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

Why would the judge think he said it? Did the judge do a bit racial profiling himself. After all FF is a Latin American?

New headline.

Judge thinks because Forestieri is from Latin America he probably said, after all they have form.

Pearce should think himself lucky he didn't get badly bitten.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

Or Pearce didn't understand a word of what FF said as it was in Spanish, but it was clearly abusive so he played the race card.

This kind of comment bothers me and the fact it’s been upvoted so much.

As innocent as it seems it creates divide and fuels hate.

The perception that the ‘race card’ is a common thing and used by a person to get their own way is just ridiculous. I see comments like this on social media all the time. As with anything there will be a few select idiots who do actually lie and try to use race to gain an advantage in any given situation. It’s tossed around in a way to suggest people use it and enjoy doing so.

With regards to what FF did it didn’t say. We will never know the truth. If the Mansfield player did lie then he’s an utter prat and deserves to be punished. I’m 100% not accusing FF of saying what he’s been accused of, but I ask why would anyone drag him to court, have months of stress (stressful for FF too), risk a huge backlash, put so much time and effort into something if he didn’t believe he was racially abused. The alleged victim gains nothing.

A lot of comments on threads like these are often a worry. Today’s thread has been a decent read and mature for the most part. However there are always posts playing down the importance of stomping out racist abuse, making comparisons to other criminal acts and down playing it. A big problem is abuse in any form can lead to worse crimes further down the line.

Whatever anyone’s opinion or thoughts about this case. Racism is disgusting and a growing problem in this country. It’s sickening for people to put others down and feel superior because of the colour of their skin, whatever race you are. 

@alanharper I apologise it appears I’m getting at you. I went off on a tangent, the only part that applies to you is the race card comment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Time to put an end to 'friendlies' against teams of roughouses with a chip on their shoulder. 

Sorry Mansfield, there is only one way to be sure....

IdleSoggyCormorant-small.gif

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

The perception that the ‘race card’ is a common thing and used by a person to get their own way is just ridiculous. I see comments like this on social media all the time. As with anything there will be a few select idiots who do actually lie and try to use race to gain an advantage in any given situation. It’s tossed around in a way to suggest people use it and enjoy doing so.

With regards to what FF did it didn’t say. We will never know the truth. If the Mansfield player did lie then he’s an utter prat and deserves to be punished. I’m 100% not accusing FF of saying what he’s been accused of, but I ask why would anyone drag him to court, have months of stress (stressful for FF too), risk a huge backlash, put so much time and effort into something if he didn’t believe he was racially abused. The alleged victim gains nothing.

A lot of comments on threads like these are often a worry. Today’s thread has been a decent read and mature for the most part. However there are always posts playing down the importance of stomping out racist abuse, making comparisons to other criminal acts and down playing it. A big problem is abuse in any form can lead to worse crimes further down the line.

Whatever anyone’s opinion or thoughts about this case. Racism is disgusting and a growing problem in this country. It’s sickening for people to put others down and feel superior because of the colour of their skin, whatever race you are. 

@alanharper I apologise it appears I’m getting at you. I went off on a tangent, the only part that applies to you is the race card comment.

Not guilty 

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

I've not seen this story mentioned on sky sports news today, they were all over story a few weeks ago when it first came out. 

Its been on SSN.

Even a video of FF leaving court with his girlfriend. Or was it his wife? Not the embrace though!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Let’s also hope the club learn their lesson and don’t play these types of teams in friendlies in the future, clubs that see it as their cup final. 

if up to me they can feck off forever 

if you ask me they saw it as an opportunity to kick lumps out of our 40k per week players short of an facup draw  they wont ever get the chance again 

24 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

What does that have to do with what I posted?

I’m very happy he’s been found not guilty. Yet you say it like it’s a game and FF/Sheffield Wednesday won.

There are no winners in these situations.

Except the lawyers of course

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jonesy87shef said:

I'm sorry but you are promoting something that should not be the case.

The "Race card" is actually very common.

Racism IS disgusting, but so are comments and thoughts that are racist against white people too, also those racist comments that are fabricated in order to make out someone is racist.   Those are absolutely the worst comments ever, but never get addressed.

Edited by HarryPlopper
  • Like 1