The curious case of Reda Johnson’s age

Reda was perfect for us at the time, a colossus of a man with a heart is big as a lion.

After some of the weak dross that we had put up with for many years, he along with the likes of Liera helped us become a team that never gave up.

A great representative of the club at charity events.

If I remember correctly sometimes stood with the fans at away games.

Great goal scoring record better than most of our forwards.

Might not have been the most skilful but will always remain one of my favourite players.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I don't think Reda Johnson was a great footballer but surprised he has not played for a league club for 3-4 years now. 

I think h has some sort of foot problem, that  was difficult to sort.

Sounded a bit like planter fasciitis which although not serious is very difficult to treat and is really painful

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NYowl said:

Reda was perfect for us at the time, a colossus of a man with a heart is big as a lion.

After some of the weak dross that we had put up with for many years, he along with the likes of Liera helped us become a team that never gave up.

A great representative of the club at charity events.

If I remember correctly sometimes stood with the fans at away games.

Great goal scoring record better than most of our forwards.

Might not have been the most skilful but will always remain one of my favourite players.

You do remember correctly, was Coventry City Captain at the time but unable to play in there league match as he had picked up an injury. There fans were dismayed later in the day, not only was he unable to play the game in question, he was in the Sheffield Wednesday away end with our barmy army wearing a Wednesday shirt cheering on the boys !!!

Reda is a ledge !

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Good cult figure , poor player.  Unusually for Wednesday he was also a crock . 

Iorfa is like a significantly upgraded graded version of him 

To say he was poor is harsh. He was more than steady at the level we were at when he was here. What he lacked in talent he more than made up for in other ways, which is part of being a decent player. Carlton Palmer had little natural talent but not many on here would say he was a poor player.

4 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I don't think Reda Johnson was a great footballer but surprised he has not played for a league club for 3-4 years now. 

He was a truly awful defender, any time a player went past him (which was often) is only option was to pull them or their shirt, he would have been more suited to Rugby, Scored a few goals mind.

But i think the fact he hasn't played league football for years tells you all you need to know.