The curious case of Reda Johnson’s age

35 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Good cult figure , poor player.  Unusually for Wednesday he was also a crock . 

Iorfa is like a significantly upgraded graded version of him 

Was good for the time. We have moved onwards and upwards but he was solid in league 1 that was his level and he never let us down.

5 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Should have built the England team around him.  Best player since well forever.  

Should have been given a British passport soon as he kicked his first ball for Wednesday.

Surely he would qualify for Jamaica, with Jermaine Johnson being his father and all that?

• Haha 1

Some great Reda memories. That last min goal at pridewank park to send the massive crazy in the sun

wiping out 3 blackburn players in one challenge right infront of me 

celebrating in the north after chrissy o’gradys header beat the pigs, REDA REDA sung loud and proud

the previously mentioned reda fan appearance at derby, takes off his leather jacket to unveil an Owls top

I miss my Reda

Edited by unkastav

3 hours ago, Marpals said:

He was a truly awful defender, any time a player went past him (which was often) is only option was to pull them or their shirt, he would have been more suited to Rugby, Scored a few goals mind.

But i think the fact he hasn't played league football for years tells you all you need to know.

Blimey !! 

Was immense for us at times. Virtually unstoppable on the ball and in the air. 

Can’t remember who it was against but I remember a game at Hillsborough, him cantering down the left with the ball from deep in our half and smashing one in. 

Also the gif of him, Dave Jones, Ryan Lowe and one other in the car was outstanding! 

6 hours ago, unkastav said:

Some great Reda memories. That last min goal at pridewank park to send the massive crazy in the sun

wiping out 3 blackburn players in one challenge right infront of me 

celebrating in the north after chrissy o’gradys header beat the pigs, REDA REDA sung loud and proud

the previously mentioned reda fan appearance at derby, takes off his leather jacket to unveil an Owls top

I miss my Reda

Another brilliant Reda memory is the last league game he played for us - the 6-0 against Leeds at Hillsborough where he absolutely destroyed their winger and full back (Jimmy Kebé and Cameron Stewart) on his own. There was a moment when he just charged at Kebé down by the corner flag and ran him over like a fully-loaded wagon.

He pulled up in his next game against Macclesfield in the cup just before half time and I had a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that we wouldn't see him again. It still saddens me that it was proved right.