George Hirst

I'm surprised Hirst senior dare show his face at Hillsborough. Great player in his day but persona non grata now as far as I'm concerned. His son can do one as well, he had his chance with us and chucked it back in our faces.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Quist said:

He played up front for Heuven. Has managed to get on bench after injury to guy who was playing centre forward. 

Talk in Belgium was unhappy and of contract being cancelled at end of season. He was major investment for them and it has not gone well.

Weird choice of club for any player who was involved in England international set up. You have to play with and against better players to improve. Moving to a club where he is probably best player who are in tin po league is hardly destined to improve things. Think the lad stood a chance but year not playing and then silly move has probably knackered his chances. Think not much of problem down to the lad.

He got a helluva lot of bad advice methinks 

58 minutes ago, roaminowl said:

Is that his Dad bending over to pick it up?

Looks to me he's just grabbing a can of beer underneath the seat.

All kidding aside, it would be nice if they had reconciled in some way. The kid already wasted a year and looks to have wasted another, still a chance to make a career. There's no need to ban them forever especially as we don't know all that has gone on behind the scenes.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

Looks to me he's just grabbing a can of beer underneath the seat.

All kidding aside, it would be nice if they had reconciled in some way. The kid already wasted a year and looks to have wasted another, still a chance to make a career. There's no need to ban them forever especially as we don't know all that has gone on behind the scenes.

I don't object to the fact that George Hirst left, that was his decision to make. It was the manner in which he left that deliberately stiffed us out of money after we had invested in his training.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, prowl said:

I don't object to the fact that George Hirst left, that was his decision to make. It was the manner in which he left that deliberately stiffed us out of money after we had invested in his training.

I think the kid doesn't have much to do with how it went, I don't expect anyone of his age back then to be able to make real decisions regarding one's best options. Dadvisors are often the worst possible, especially if he's a bitter one.

Guest Jack the Hat
2 hours ago, BIG D said:

He's dropped a right b0ll0ck by the looks

He's already walking back with his tail between his legs and now he's  dropped a boll0ck as well. sounds painful.

2 hours ago, Quist said:

He played up front for Heuven. Has managed to get on bench after injury to guy who was playing centre forward. 

Talk in Belgium was unhappy and of contract being cancelled at end of season. He was major investment for them and it has not gone well.

Weird choice of club for any player who was involved in England international set up. You have to play with and against better players to improve. Moving to a club where he is probably best player who are in tin po league is hardly destined to improve things. Think the lad stood a chance but year not playing and then silly move has probably knackered his chances. Think not much of problem down to the lad.

Seriously, there's been talk in Belgium of cancelling his contract?