George Hirst

38 minutes ago, vulva said:

Hirst coming today will be about watching his old mates play, nothing else. 

They can all balls. That deal absolutely stank the place out and Leicester should have had the book thrown at them. 

Carlton was saying similar to Biggs. 

I do think that Winnall & Rhodes in 24 hours was the beginning of the end. Tipping point. 

44 minutes ago, vulva said:

Hirst coming today will be about watching his old mates play, nothing else. 

They can all balls. That deal absolutely stank the place out and Leicester should have had the book thrown at them. 

Only Kirby and occasionally Hunt played with him rest either were in different team or not at club. Still strange to turn up with your dad to watch a reserve game.

Sheesh.

No longer our play and stll creating a ruccus.

We're well shut of both Hirst's tbh. 

Club seems to be moving onto a more settled place without them around, and the aire of negativity that lingered for months whilst the saga was unfolding.

We lost a youth player who was making a career off the back of his dad's name. He had a good season, and a tournament with England U18's where he did summat. That might end up being the highlight of his career, but I couldn't care less anymore.

Good luck to him, made his bed let him lie in it.

2 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

Look, he was badly advised. Hes had a rough couple of years. Perhaps we should be the bigger man and give him a chance, if he needs it. As ive said nothing to lose. 

Inclined to agree provided that this time it doesn't cost us anything. Who knows, he might be so grateful for that second chance that he really does make the most of it? Needs to bin his bitter father off as his agent though.

21 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

I would be interested to know whether he was picked to play for the young England team while he has been abroad

Yes he has but do not think in last squad as not playing in Belgium.

43 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Debate this as much as you like , the lad still isn’t up to much . Not meaning to sound harsh , he just isn’t very good 

He was a promising player at age 16 and 17 his record for England showed he was useful. However when you have a year out of game in late teens it can make a huge difference. Stobbs was a real promising player got injured and has not shown same form since. Lonchar had a bad injury and has not shown same form since return. I know Hirst did not have injury but best part of 12 months away from game does impact development. Most who miss a chunk of career at this age fall by wayside. Basically bad handling of player has probably cost him whatever chance he had.

The sort of money young professionals are on and what he would have cost if gone to a tribunal would not have deterred many Premier clubs. The lack of interest in him showed he had not progressed and his advisors had priced him out of football and helped damage his career before it started. Therefore you are probably correct in he will never shine as much as Wednesday fans hoped he would.

18 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

David Hirst was the best striker I have ever seen in a Wednesday shirt and gave me more pleasure watching him than any other.

i don’t like the George Hirst saga but I won’t forget what went on before.

Nor should we mate. I only know Hirst senior as a cracking player and that's how I'll choose to remember him.

10 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

The owner didn't like Hirst standing up to him. That's why the owner did a very good job of ruining gh career. That's malicious. And totally unnecessary. The owner put his own vanity and lust for power and control over the needs of the club. 

That is downright abuse 

imageproxy (2).jpeg

• Haha 2

I’m sure based on his youth career if Horst was available there would be plenty of takers. I can understand both sides in possibly wanting to reunite because it was working and they know each other and hurst is a boyhood fan and after being burnt and trying to become a man he’s happy coming back and continuing his development. But I also see why he when if he or his advisors thought he was worth more based on his Youth form and wanted a better contract they had every right to try for a better deafening frozen out by the club and told to sign and you can be loaned out like blackmail then stopped from training was disgusting I’d have gone both parties still had over half a season to negotiate. 

Any way after all this I’m guessing he’s just fine back to watch and there’s nothing init