George Hirst

15 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Doesn't seem to be getting much game time now.

15 11/16/18 H Oud-Heverlee Leuven (6.) Royale Union Saint Gilloise Saint Gilloise  (2.) 1:2 Not in squad
16 11/25/18 A Oud-Heverlee Leuven (6.) KFCO Beerschot Wilrijk KFCO Beerschot  (3.) 3:2 CF           90'
17 12/1/18 H Oud-Heverlee Leuven (6.) Lommel SK Lommel SK  (4.) 3:1 CF           90'
10 12/4/18 H Oud-Heverlee Leuven (8.) Lommel SK Lommel SK  (4.) 1:2 CF           63'
18 12/7/18 A Oud-Heverlee Leuven (6.) KSV Roeselare KSV Roeselare  (8.) 3:1 CF           90'
19 12/14/18 H Oud-Heverlee Leuven (6.) KV Mechelen KV Mechelen  (1.) 1:3 CF 1         90'
20 12/21/18 A Oud-Heverlee Leuven (7.) KVC Westerlo KVC Westerlo  (5.) 0:0 CF           66'
21 1/13/19 H Oud-Heverlee Leuven (7.) AFC Tubize AFC Tubize  (8.) 0:2 CF           59'
22 1/20/19 A Oud-Heverlee Leuven (7.) Royale Union Saint Gilloise Saint Gilloise  (3.) 2:1             4'
23 1/27/19 A Oud-Heverlee Leuven (8.) Lommel SK Lommel SK  (4.) 2:3 on the bench
24 2/1/19 H Oud-Heverlee Leuven (7.) KSV Roeselare KSV Roeselare  (8.) 0:1 Not in squad
25 2/9/19 A Oud-Heverlee Leuven (8.) KV Mechelen KV Mechelen  (1.) 2:1 Not in squad
26 2/16/19 H Oud-Heverlee Leuven (8.) KVC Westerlo KVC Westerlo  (4.) 3:0 Not in squad
27 2/24/19 A Oud-Heverlee Leuven (7.) AFC Tubize AFC Tubize  (8.) 1:3             4'
28 3/3/19 H Oud-Heverlee Leuven (7.) KFCO Beerschot Wilrijk KFCO Beerschot  (2.) 2:2             4'

Was getting used wide left of a 4-2-3-1 from what I heard. (Unconfirmed as not seen any of their games myself)

It might explain why he wasn't getting in on the score sheet as regular as he might have liked.

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Was getting used wide left of a 4-2-3-1 from what I heard. (Unconfirmed as not seen any of their games myself)

It might explain why he wasn't getting in on the score sheet as regular as he might have liked.

I was looking more at amount of game time out of last 7 games.

Seems to coincide with Pearson leaving ?

6 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I was looking more at amount of game time out of last 7 games.

Seems to coincide with Pearson leaving ?

Certainly looks that way. 

New gaffer new ideas. 

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, james o connor said:

In a nut shell.... anybody who watched him knew that . The only ones In a flap were the experts on here who thought the surname hirst meant guaranteed  superstar 

His England record was outstanding, only ever saw goal highlights though so can't comment on his general play but he had a real knock of scoring goals at that level.

He played up front for Heuven. Has managed to get on bench after injury to guy who was playing centre forward. 

Talk in Belgium was unhappy and of contract being cancelled at end of season. He was major investment for them and it has not gone well.

Weird choice of club for any player who was involved in England international set up. You have to play with and against better players to improve. Moving to a club where he is probably best player who are in tin po league is hardly destined to improve things. Think the lad stood a chance but year not playing and then silly move has probably knackered his chances. Think not much of problem down to the lad.