George Hirst

5 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Quite happy to give him a second chance, weve got nothing to lose. Id like to think the club, would be open minded enough to give him that 2nd chance. 

not a party to exactly the grounds he left on but if he snubbed DC personally I cant see it 

10 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Quite happy to give him a second chance, weve got nothing to lose. Id like to think the club, would be open minded enough to give him that 2nd chance. 

On what basis? We aren’t a charity for the homeless 

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

not a party to exactly the grounds he left on but if he snubbed DC personally I cant see it 

Look, he was badly advised. Hes had a rough couple of years. Perhaps we should be the bigger man and give him a chance, if he needs it. As ive said nothing to lose. 

2 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

On what basis? We aren’t a charity for the homeless 

Why would you need a basis? We gave stobbs another contract? Hes nowhere near the first team. 

In my view, its a very short sight attitude to take. Just to right him off. 

7 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Look, he was badly advised. Hes had a rough couple of years. Perhaps we should be the bigger man and give him a chance, if he needs it. As ive said nothing to lose. 

aww didums,if been greedy and chasing the money is classed as a rough couple of years to you,i suggest you get in the real world

George and his alco father can p1ss off for me 

No objection in principle to him being given a second chance.

But worth having in mind there is no reason to suppose he is good enough to progress at championship level.

He might turn out to be. But it was far from certain when he left - not least because the big clubs must have run the slide rule over him, and didn't fancy it. A few months on it looks less likely.

But yes, any decision on football grounds only. 

10 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

aww didums,if been greedy and chasing the money is classed as a rough couple of years to you,i suggest you get in the real world

George and his alco father can p1ss off for me 

A bit bitter fella, thats football. 

Never made a mistake? 

Oh and im very much in the real world. The one that gives people a second chance if they muck up, and learn from it. 

Edited by Maddogbob

29 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

I think the underhand manner of his leaving is what soured me on him. If he'd gone to an English club fair enough, we would have got decent(ish) compensation. His transfer abroad to a nothing club was designed to stiff Wednesday and make sure we got very little. No going back after that as far as I'm concerned.

Personally I don't think for one minute he's angling to come back here. If he does come back to UK it will be with Leicester of an EFL club maybe Div 1.

28 minutes ago, steelowl said:

I don't think it's the boy. I think it was his advisors and Leicester that knocked the Chairman's duck off. 

To be fair the Chairman he said he had no problem with Hirst jnr. and that he respected him going to see him in person .when the player asked to be reconsidered for the U23s even though he hadn't signed his deal the club.

And Chairman allowed him back into the fold and Jos had him training with the first team.

Chansiri said at the time-:

“I respect him (George) because he asked me to play, he came to me and I’m happy to step back and let him play. Let’s see what happens. I can’t make a decision. I told him he has a big chance (here) if he still wants it.”

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, prowl said:

I think the underhand manner of his leaving is what soured me on him. If he'd gone to an English club fair enough, we would have got decent(ish) compensation. His transfer abroad to a nothing club was designed to stiff Wednesday and make sure we got very little. No going back after that as far as I'm concerned.

Personally I don't think for one minute he's angling to come back here. If he does come back to UK it will be with Leicester of an EFL club maybe Div 1.

I understand that, yeah infact at the time, id have agreed with you. However looking at the bigger picture.

If it was, yep ive screwed up and im asking for another chance. Id personally draw a line under it, say right show us what uve got and see where it takes us. 

Edited by Maddogbob

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I don't think it's the boy. I think it was his advisors and Leicester that knocked the Chairman's duck off. 

To be fair the Chairman he said he had no problem with Hirst jnr. and that he respected him going to see him in person .when the player asked to be reconsidered for the U23s even though he hadn't signed his deal the club.

And Chairman allowed him back into the fold and Jos had him training with the first team.

Chansiri said at the time-:

“I respect him (George) because he asked me to play, he came to me and I’m happy to step back and let him play. Let’s see what happens. I can’t make a decision. I told him he has a big chance (here) if he still wants it.”

as i said if he hasnt snubbed dc personally  who's to say he couldnt come back?

/

Edited by steelowl

8 minutes ago, prowl said:

I've heard Eastleigh are interested.

• Haha 3