George Hirst

18 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

aww didums,if been greedy and chasing the money is classed as a rough couple of years to you,i suggest you get in the real world

George and his alco father can p1ss off for me 

For me, the training staff, back then, needed chinning, allegedly.....

Bruce has always been an admirer of Hirst

lol

6aad12a9c72cb8ef21d303e3fa980e28.jpg

Situations like this are strange aren't they.

We have a young player who thinks he's destined for greatness.

A Chairman who thinks the young player isn't worth what he's demanding.

The majority of the fanbase who thinks the chairman should Kowtow to the young player, who have somehow now disappeared.

Looks like the Chairman nailed it.

44 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

On what basis? We aren’t a charity for the homeless 

No we aren't but we are adept at doubling and trebling the wages of third rate players no-one else wants . If that ain't charity I don't know what it is 

Other than insanity 

16 minutes ago, steelowl said:

as i said if he hasnt snubbed dc personally  who's to say he couldnt come back?

If Bruce thought he was worth getting back that's good enough for me on a footballing level. 

But he's on a 5 year contract over there. The idea of paying for a player who we already had and had already offered a deal to won't sit right with many people. And understandably so. 

I feel for the lad a bit really because it all points to the advice he's received .IMO.

Mind...

Not that it matters either way. 

This is probably nothing more than a lad going to watch his old mates play a game while he's visiting.

• Like 1

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

If Bruce thought he was worth getting back that's good enough for me on a footballing level. 

But he's on a 5 year contract over there. The idea of paying for a player who we already had and had already offered a deal to won't sit right with many people. And understandably so. 

I feel for the lad a bit really because it all points to the advice he's received .IMO.

Mind...

This is probably nothing more than a lad going to watch his old mates play a game while he's visiting.

well yes mate but somewhere above in the thread his contract being cancelled was mooted - not sure that's even possible unless both agree of course 

4 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Situations like this are strange aren't they.

We have a young player who thinks he's destined for greatness.

A Chairman who thinks the young player isn't worth what he's demanding.

The majority of the fanbase who thinks the chairman should Kowtow to the young player, who have somehow now disappeared.

Looks like the Chairman nailed it.

The owner didn't like Hirst standing up to him. That's why the owner did a very good job of ruining gh career. That's malicious. And totally unnecessary. The owner put his own vanity and lust for power and control over the needs of the club. 

That is downright abuse 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

For me, the training staff, back then, needed chinning, allegedly.....

Bruce has always been an admirer of Hirst

lol

6aad12a9c72cb8ef21d303e3fa980e28.jpg

I'm sure in that dull Boxing Day game way back when Bruce was kicking lumps out of Hirst - when he could near him. 

Ooh the irony if he brought his son back and turned him into a world beater. 

We've more chance of signing George Clooney.

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Mind...

Which is the measure of the lad if that's all it is ? ..

Regardless of what's happened his dad and Brighty can walk the empty  terraces for eternity for the pleasure they've given me ...

1 minute ago, ANDY said:

Why do we have this fixation with Hirst jnr ?

He's hardly prolific in the dutch league he's in

It would have been the story of a lifetime. A club legend's son emerges from the academy and lifts the club back to the limelight. Guess we all got disappointed that nothing really happened and then shady business put the final nail in the coffin.

• Like 1

Just now, FinnishOwl said:

It would have been the story of a lifetime. A club legend's son emerges from the academy and lifts the club back to the limelight. Guess we all got disappointed that nothing really happened and then shady business put the final nail in the coffin.

Yeah....

but was he EVER that good ?

i mean as good as his dad

4 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Yeah....

Apparently not (though he really didn't have/take much chances to prove himself), but you know how it goes in people minds. We have been struggling for so long that we clutch any straws we can see to get out. I never got the same positive feeling about CC than I've got from Bruce in a very short time. And that is a lot as I really didn't understand the hype around him..so maybe we are on our way up provided that FFP doesn't destroy our plans.

Edited by FinnishOwl

Why on earth would Hirst come back here, even if Bruce wanted him?

He's on way over what we offered him. And he's hardly justified what we offered never mind what Leicester are paying. Is he going to forego four years bumper pay for another chance back here, but on more modest pay? Or are we so desperate that we will match his current pay? Humble pie is one thing, but a 50% (or more) pay cut is another. Get real chaps ffs.

2 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Yeah....

tbf  probably no one will be as good as DH  + being his son obviously increased the pressure however i have watched george play  and i once saw him score a goal in a style that was classic DH  had great hopes as did we all

58 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Why would you need a basis? We gave stobbs another contract? Hes nowhere near the first team. 

In my view, its a very short sight attitude to take. Just to right him off. 

He wrote himself off as far as I’m concerned 

• Thanks 1