George Hirst

1 hour ago, dfoster said:

Seriously, there's been talk in Belgium of cancelling his contract?

Him being released yes, think it resulted in twitter rumblings. Suspect it would have to be mutually agreed. 

You can only assume it was an attempt at getting round rules from Leicester which has backfired. The 5 year contract suggests to me it was a way of making contract better than we or others offered. he will not progress in that backwater and being on bench at best is no good. they will be paying high wages (for him) for a second tier team in Belgium  Different manager they would love to offload.

With Hirst senior turning up today to watch game you have to ask why? I have no idea who he fell out with at club but strange coming back for a reserve game. Think its one to watch.

Several young players went abroad this summer which did not look sensible and difficult to comprehend why. think it was due of way of paying agents in UK it was the policy to pay all money as soon as signed now they have to spread over length of contract. This stops agents profiting by orchestrating moves. However this still applies in some European countries so agents get more cash by taking players over seas.

16 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

The owner didn't like Hirst standing up to him. That's why the owner did a very good job of ruining gh career. That's malicious. And totally unnecessary. The owner put his own vanity and lust for power and control over the needs of the club. 

That is downright abuse 

What a load of sh-te. Absolute cobblers.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Yeah....

but was he EVER that good ?

i mean as good as his dad

Senior reckons the boy was/is a much better player than he was at the same age.  Whether that's right I don't know.

Dads love their lads.

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Senior reckons the boy was/is a much better player than he was at the same age.  Whether that's right I don't know.

Dads love their lads.

but if that were true then a club "better" than belgium second tier would have took him on as a 50/50 gamble

Hirst coming today will be about watching his old mates play, nothing else. 

They can all balls. That deal absolutely stank the place out and Leicester should have had the book thrown at them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

The owner didn't like Hirst standing up to him. That's why the owner did a very good job of ruining gh career. That's malicious. And totally unnecessary. The owner put his own vanity and lust for power and control over the needs of the club. 

That is downright abuse 

No it isn't, you daft sod.

:duntmatter:

I suppose Chansiri is behind Hirst's failure to make much headway in the Belgian second tier too?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ANDY said:

but if that were true then a club "better" than belgium second tier would have took him on as a 50/50 gamble

they they were called leicester  more than a bit smug it's seemingly gone boobies up

6 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Dads love their lads.

An ex manager of ours told me he would be twice the player Lucas Joao is. 

• Haha 1

I thought Hirst senior was a regular at Middlewood to watch the younger teams. 

Im sure I read (probably on here, so must be true) that he works as an advisor for Doyen. Doyen or not, he's probably scouting for someone. 

Nothing sinister in him watching U23.

4 minutes ago, ANDY said:

can't help but think we dodged a bullet with the hirst scenario.

I have met and talked to the lad a couple of years ago seemed a nice level headed lad  but he was young  still is playng at the club he's been at all his life and with england youth he's known for years is a different thing to playing abroad 

he's just been a pawn in a shady and as @vulvasaid stinking deal  it seems he just gone not progressed  bet he would back here 

44 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

That is downright abuse 

You really are a complete and uttertwat of the first water!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

27 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

No it isn't, you daft sod.

:duntmatter:

I suppose Chansiri is behind Hirst's failure to make much headway in the Belgian second tier too?

Rumour has it DC had been popping over to Belgium, sneaking in the dressing room and switching young Hirst's boots around. His old man has now resorted to marking them "Left" and "the other Left"....

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

That is downright abuse 

Do you know anybody that has been abused if you did you would not post this drivel