Hooper

If and it's a big if, he hasn't been rushed back, he has been given time to get over his injuries and is back to full fitness and proves himself during the run in, I would have no problem with him having another year with the option of a 2nd year if he makes say 30 appearances.

On his day he is lethal at this level and is hard to replace, having said that his injury record is shocking.

Really tough one. Hooper (when he's fit) is a class act and I still think he has a role to play. He was instrumental in the end of season run that got us to the playoff finals. Get him fit asap and play him, he is class. Bruce will get the best out of him. This will also bring the best out of Fernando. Im buzzing for his return.

When he’s fully fit he’s our best player. And him and Fletcher together would be the dream right now.

End of the day none of us have a real say and I trust that Bruce will take a proper look at him and make the right decision for us on and off the pitch come May.

Cant see him being rushed back just as a surprise for the United game but you never know. Certainly would offer more coming off the bench than Nuhiu or Matias.

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

yer that's a distinct possibility , what ever a club offers him in wages would be taking a huge gamble . he has been earning close to 30k a week for a few years I doubt he would be interested in signing for someone on half the wages . 

After a few years of £30k a week going into my bank account I think I would consider a drop to £15k a week.

How long has he actually been training?

Wasn't there photos of him training a while back - 2/4 weeks ago? He could've been training a good month by now but just under the radar? 

We should get him introduced fast if we're not looking to keep on the books - last 10 games he could be instrumental in a push. 

20 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

How long has he actually been training?

Wasn't there photos of him training a while back - 2/4 weeks ago? He could've been training a good month by now but just under the radar? 

We should get him introduced fast if we're not looking to keep on the books - last 10 games he could be instrumental in a push. 

Like we did with Lazaar. Pushed him to much and now he has a hamstring.

rather get the last five games out of him then just one in a weeks time.

On 27/02/2019 at 08:24, Blue and white said:

A fully fit Hooper is lethal at this level and would be a massive boost to our faint but possible play off hopes.

The season we lost to Huddersfield  many suggested it was the loss of Hooper that was the deciding factor.

I would love to see a fully fit Hopper, Lee and Abdi back in our ranks but seeing these three fully fit is as rare as seeing the queen topless.

Forget it. Even if any of them are injury free it's sooooo long since they played a competitive game it will take ages to get match sharp and we're not good enough to carry them until they are.

1 hour ago, 2roland2 said:

No one has said offer him a big money deal whilst he’s injured so stop sensationalising with bullshit. The sensible one s among us are saying to the ones who are saying fizz him off to see what happens first we have 3 months left stop writing players off just because they had a long term injury , a lot of players come back from injuries. 

We assess the situation and at least give them a chance rather than our fans who say duck him big wages tug injury prone, it’s testicles but that should what most talk on here tbf

How the fizz am I “sensationalising with bullshit”?

Where have I accused anyone of wanting to offer him a big deal while he’s still injured? I haven’t. You’re talking out of your arse mate.

7 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

Why not hooper ? What has he done wrong like? Everytime he has played he has a good goal scoring record, Infact one of the best in the past twenty years, so he doesn’t deserve respect and a chance because CC played them into the ground whilst injured.  

Cant say that’s fair, abdi I think ha royally took the wee wee but lee and hooper didnt not want to play  

He hasnt done anything wrong. If he stayed fit he would be one of the first names on the sheet. 76 appearances in nearly 4 seasons though is way too low. Given our financial situation, his wages, he needs to go. Keeping him is a gamble we cant afford at present.

4 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

How many people have slated the club for offering silly wages and long contracts to old or injury prone players over the last few years? 

Now some want us to offer a new deal to a 30 year old who hasn’t played all season, only managed half of last and half of the one before? 

Imagine if he wasn’t our player and we were trying to sign him. I doubt anyone would want him due to our financial issues. Bearing in mind he’s on 30k plus.

Yep i know. Makes no sense whatsoever.

7 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Just ask the numpties what they think about Hutch, considering he'd retired previously.

Hutch is playing well no doubt. Can he sustain it for a season, play 40+ games? I seriously doubt it. Averages about 20 games a season. 

1 hour ago, 2roland2 said:

Playing with injuries can lead to aggravating new injuries , why the fizz am I even debating this, any physios on here will tell you, but it seems like we have a forum full of medical experts who would write off anyone who has a lomg term injury as finished.  

They might not make it back but to not at least give two players of this talent who have served our club well is stupid, you at least see if they can, and a lot do make it back 

Risking wages on them due to their injuries is stupid. Couldnt care less about the past. Its about the future. Sentiment wins you knacker all.

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

We are pretty much guaranteed a transfer embargo and won’t be able to sign much if anyone, these two if they get fit could be like two big  name signings. 

How is that not worth a risk if they get back to some sort of fitness in the next few months? 

Our fans baffle me 

See that you've been enjoying yourself and making lots of nice new friends..:tango:

• Haha 2