Hooper

5 hours ago, Beholder said:

They have different games. 

Hooper is all about skill, vision and close control under any amount of pressure (and goals of course). 

He would compliment Fletcher perfectly with his current form. 

not sure two slow strikers would be what bruce is looking for.

• Like 1

Interesting debate for once on here tbh, I think Bruce will definitely have a look and no decision will be made yet despite some on here already claiming these players are "done"

Just a note for those saying he has to go because he's injury prone; wouldn't this mean the first name on the list to go should technically be Hutch? Genuinely interested in what you all think?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gnarwolf said:

Interesting debate for once on here tbh, I think Bruce will definitely have a look and no decision will be made yet despite some on here already claiming these players are "done"

Just a note for those saying he has to go because he's injury prone; wouldn't this mean the first name on the list to go should technically be Hutch? Genuinely interested in what you all think?

Exactly

on reduced terms we should look to get Hooper signed up - he’s too good 

8 hours ago, Bigblueowl said:

Why chuck him in? We are playing well and finally getting a settled side. Absolutely no point playing someone who won't be here next season. If your going to chuck someone in then it's Borokuv. 

Borukov who has not scored all season for the U23s and can't even get a regular run in the side?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Etchesketch said:

Borukov who has not scored all season for the U23s and can't even get a regular run in the side?

We're talking of launching someone in. My point is why launch an ageing injury prone player in! If you're going to launch anyone then it should be a young un to see what he's made off. Hopefully not biscuits like Hooper. 

if a mls club comes in for hooper id let him go now and save the wages for the rest of the season , clearly wont be here next season so I just don't see point in involving him as he will be 2-3 months minimum before he would get 100% match sharp. over the time he has been here he has been injured 60% of the time. 

3 hours ago, Gnarwolf said:

No, because currently he’s playing, he’s playing well, he’s not out of contract at the end of the year and we don’t have an abundance of players that can replace him. 

Hooper isn’t playing, he hasn’t played for 14 months, he is out of contract and we do have lots of options to replace him 

4 hours ago, torres said:

No, because currently he’s playing, he’s playing well, he’s not out of contract at the end of the year and we don’t have an abundance of players that can replace him. 

Hooper isn’t playing, he hasn’t played for 14 months, he is out of contract and we do have lots of options to replace him 

Fair enough, good points, well made 

11 hours ago, dorian gray said:

the likelihood is IF both get fit and return injury free, and that's one really big IF, then neither will be the player they once were, 'time waits for no man'.

Sadly, this is true. 

I like most Wednesdayites would love to see these 2 back to their best and playing for us, but realistically after over 14 months out injured and getting no younger, it is highly unlikely to happen.

Would love them both to prove me wrong, but won't be holding my breath.

Whatever happens I wish them all the best in the future (especially Lee) and thank them for many happy moments, (Those 5 minutes of noise and lights after Lee's goal against Brighton were something special and will live long in my memory, still raises the hairs on the back of my neck when I see it now).

• Thanks 1

We’d be mad to give him a new contract, especially given our issues with FFP.

Hooper and Lee alone are likely to save us in the region of £2m per season you would think. Add Jones, Abdi and Boyd to that list too and its a heck of a chunk of money. If we can cut our losses with Rhodes too, we could be in the region of £5m better off, iff not more. 

We we may have our hands tied short term with FFP, but this summer is a great opportunity to get rid of the dead wood and begin to reshape our squad. 

22 hours ago, Blue and white said:

A fully fit Hooper is lethal at this level and would be a massive boost to our faint but possible play off hopes.

The season we lost to Huddersfield  many suggested it was the loss of Hooper that was the deciding factor.

I would love to see a fully fit Hopper, Lee and Abdi back in our ranks but seeing these three fully fit is as rare as seeing the queen topless.

imagev175160799ae770305ba56c620d1ac3390-i6lvdbyns9pey4c86r2_t460.jpg.3b4563459ffacc29fb5ff462e02614e5.jpg                                    as rare as seeing the queen topless.???

• Haha 2

It will be a sad day for me if and when it is confirmed that we won’t see Hooper in a Wednesday shirt again, but I will fully understand it.

No doubt for me, a Hooper-Fletcher front two is easily the best we have. As a pair they work superbly and their joint goals record is outstanding.

Perhaps a pay-as-you-play contract might work for both parties? Do they even exist? Hard to imagine he would get a decent contract elsewhere unless he gets a run of injury-free games with us.

Whatever happens I wish him nothing but success and good luck. Love his play. 

23 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

I know...we keep holding our breath on him, but wouldn’t it be good to have him in the mix for 6/7 games? 

Might sound selfish - but if he’s available, launch him on side for 20 mins - if he’s off anyway then it’s not our problem if he picks up an injury - we need to get some use out of him before he goes?!

Could just be the final piece in the puzzle to push us on at the end...

Won’t wont be match fit and will probably pick up another injury.

We have had the best of him and needs moving on in the summer